“Fresh Bananas”

GreenLeadersGold level
Winnipeg
“Fresh Bananas”
Reviewed February 23, 2014

We, Grandar, mom, dad and two active boys, 3 and 4 stayed at the Palladium during the first week of February. I really can't add too much to the already positive reviews. The weather was great, the food was wonderful; especially the Japanese and the Mexican restaurants. A special thanks to Lupita in the breakfast buffet who brought our picky eater fresh bananas every day.We all loved the salt water pool in the ocean and the boogey boarding. The boys made some friends on the beach which added to their enjoyment. The newly redecorated rooms were nice, clean and spacious. The hotel granted our request for adjoining rooms. On the beach, we could see whales in the distance which was pretty cool. The boys loved the zoo, especially the ostriches. The only downside I can think of is that this may not be the best place for folks with mobility issues as there are a lot of stairs. The procedures for getting a reservation at the restaurants, other than the beach barbeque is a bit convoluted, but we figured it out with the help of other hotel guests. All in all, we had a fabulous time and we would certainly return.

• Stayed February 2014, traveled with family
1 Thank Grandar
AnaMCastro, General Manager at Grand Palladium Vallarta Resort & Spa, responded to this review, February 26, 2014
Dear Grandar
I would like to thank you for your positive comments about the Grand Palladium Resort. I really appreciate that you and your family enjoyed your vacations. I will take note about your comments and I will send them to Lupita. We are continuously working in order to keep our guest expectations high and the comments that we receive from our guests help us to know if we are on the right path.
I hope that you decide to spend your next vacation with us and if there is anything that we can do, please let me know or send me an email

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (909)
Reviewed February 22, 2014 via mobile

My friend and I went for her birthday. This resort is in the middle of a jungle on the edge of a cliff...the views are breathtaking! They fo have many stairs so not recommanded for people with mobility difficulties. Tge adult pool that oversees the ocean on the edge of the cliff is ptetty awesome. We saw many whales from there. The spa is great with trained staff and breathtaking amenities. The staff in this resort are one of the nicest I have dealt with. They aim to please. The food was wonderful and diverse. The Mexican restaurant has a terrace on the back with a beautiful view of the ocean. You should be there early enough to watch the sun set. The Italian restaurant is indoors but the decor is gorgeous. The food delicious. The snack bar is much more than that...they have a big variety for lunch. The restaurant on the beach called the BBQ is awesome. Should also be there early enough to watch the sun set...it was incredible. The Asian restaurant is upstairs from the breakfast buffet. It was incredibly awesome. ..the staff went out of their way to make my friend's birthday special. ..they brought out cake and sang happy birthday to her. The food was superb and the staff awesome. The sport's bar is opened from 6 pm to 6 am. They have sandwiches burgers hotdogs and natchos with pizza and many other snacks and drinks. Great place if you just want to chill out. As for my favourite place. ..the lounge bar Hemingways...the bar tender Giovani is a rock star! Everyone loves him. He really makes everyone feel special. We met many awesome people there EVERY night. We would be there from 9 pm and pretty much stay till closing time around 1:00. Please keep in mind that these people work very hard for very little...so PLEASE TIP. They really appreciate it. I STRONGLY RECOMMEND THIS RESORT.

Stayed February 2014, traveled with friends
1 Thank Delcie C
Dear Delcie C
On behalf of the Grand Palladium Vallarta, thank you for your comments. It is exactly feedback such as yours that assists us in achieving the service excellence that we constantly strive for. In regards to our staff, thank you for your positive comments about them. There are very hard workers here and I want you to know I will pass your kind words to them in order our staff knows their work is recognize by our guests.
Once again thank you for bringing your experience to our attention. If you plan to visit us on the future, please do not hesitate to contact us directly and we will personally take care of your booking, to ensure you have a perfect stay.
Windsor, Canada
Reviewed February 22, 2014

I will start by saying that the resort itself was beautiful....but that is where it ends!! Except for one exceptional waiter...Alberto in the buffet restaurant that is where the customer service ends. We have been to several resorts in Mexico and never had to fight and argue for service. I unfortunately had delevoped some medical issues after booking my trip and required a room on a lower floor as I was not able to handle all of the stairs!!! Way too many stairs!!! The front desk would not accomodate without a huge fight and a 3 day wait. I would never recommend this resort to anyone!!!!
Also, first resort I have ever been to where there was no service around the pool!!! And they seemed very confused about reservations for the restaurants!! Kept getting a different response from all workers. They would say no reservation required but when you got to the restarant for dinner, they would ask if you had a reservation!!! DO NOT BOOK THIS RESORT!! A total disappointment!!!

• Stayed January 2014, traveled with friends
3 Thank Hilbilpar
Dear Hilbilpor
First of all, I am really sorry that your stay in Grand Palladium Vallarta had not accomplished your expectations. Nevertheless is too easy to blame to the hotel and complaint about customer service . But unfortunately, some of our guests like you, do not look where they go before to go.
All our tour operators have the information about the hotel installations. We specify in all brochures that the hotel does not have elevators. The hotel has 60.000m2 and only 27.049m2 are constructed. We are in an area of irregular shapes, is normal that there are stairs around the hotel. We do not recommended that hotel to people with mobility issues and I am really sorry if you could not see that information before to come to the hotel. If we do not move to a ground floor room probably is because we do not have any available not because our front desk staff do not want to move.
Regarding your comments about our services, like pool service, let me clarify again that we do not have that service in our hotel so we could not promote that. Again, we have all the information in our web page and always send the information to the tour operators who work with us.
Calgary, Canada
Reviewed February 20, 2014 via mobile

We stayed at the Grand Palladium five years ago for a wedding. It is a gorgeous resort, loved how secluded it was. Lots and lots of walking and stairs so those with mobility issues may want to keep looking. Overall a great vacation!

• Stayed February 2014
1 Thank NearFantastica
Dear NearFantastica
First of all, thank you so much for your visit and I am thrilled you had such a great visit and we left you a memorable impression in your last stay. We look forward to see you again if you decide to come back and thank you for sharing your experience in Grand Palladium Vallarta.
Winnipeg, Canada
Reviewed February 20, 2014

Just returned last night and my legs are still sore. The resort is on a cliff so most of your walking from beach/pool/room/restauratns involves a lot of stairs or inclined ramps.Good exercise however, if you have difficulty walking ( cane/walker/wheel chair/crutches/or are out of shape ) this will be challenging for you .

First impression is that the resort is more a 3 star than a 4 star as the lobby is very simple/ somewhat shabby. As well the resort could use paint in certain areas. However, the service, the food , and the views more than make up for the first impressions.

Overall a good vacation - my legs however be to differ...

Room Tip: Building 2 quieter and closer to the adult pool
  • Stayed February 2014, traveled as a couple
Dear Blackbird2014
I am glad to know that you enjoyed your last vacation with us. It is true that the hotel was built several years ago, nevertheless, we are working every day in order to maintain as well as we can all our installations and services. For us it is important that the hotel has good installations and services to offer to our guest in order they can enjoyed their vacations.
Thank you for your comments, we really appreciate all the comments that we receive from our guest in order to improve our services.
Best Regards
Saskatoon, Canada
Reviewed February 17, 2014

Nice resort with some great views of the bay. We were on the 2nd floor overlooking the adult pool and a beautiful ocean view. From our balcony we could watch surfers and see whales surfacing and jumping in the bay. Yes our room was smaller than some other resorts, but it was very clean. I don't know why some complain about there room being small, your only in it to sleep. The resort covered a fair sized area, part of which is a small jungle tour on the resort, paths led off in different directions, with places to sit and read or just wander through the bush and relax. There is a small zoo in the middle, where they rescue animals that have been injured and nurse them back to health. The food at the buffet was good, with a good variety of dishes for everyone, from Mexican to pizza and fries for the kids.The staff at the buffet was very helpful and friendly, most spoke very good English and were willing to go out of their way to help you. During the day we hung out at the adult pool, always had no problem getting a place to sit and the staff at the pool bar was very friendly. The drinks were always good and Matias always had a smile on his face. The beach is nice with floury soft sand, there is also an ocean pool, that is only about waist deep, great for kids. The beach bar is great and there is also vendors on the beach, where you can buy any P. V. shirts and trinkets. At night, the square by the lobby, is a nice place to sit and have a few drinks. 2 or 3 times a week vendors set up around the square and sell their wares.Hemingway bar is just down the corridor from the square and is a very nice to relax with a few drinks. On Friday night we went to the beach BBQ, reservations required,it's fantastic, all sorts of salads and shrimp and the ribs were great, the BBQ staff did a great job. It was a warm night and they sit you at tables on the beach, while the sun is setting, you couldn't ask for anything nicer.There are a lot of stairs, so be prepared, it's a good work out after a big meal. I did notice they have motorized carts for people who have trouble getting around and also little wagons to push or pull small kids.Other than being a little to far from P.V. and other towns, this resort is quaint and very relaxing, I would recommend it to my friends or anyone who asks about it.

Room Tip: Try to get a room on the 2nd floor above the adult pool facing the ocean. "Fantastic"
  • Stayed January 2014, traveled as a couple
1 Thank dighockey
Dear dickhockey
First of all, I would like to thank you in taking your time in explain your vacation in Grand Palladium Vallarta and describe all services that can helps all visitors in their next trips.
I am glad that you enjoyed your vacation with us and I will take note about your comments Please, if you decide to come back again and you need any information, do not hesitate to contact me directly.
Best Regards
Regina, Canada
Reviewed February 17, 2014

We have been back home for less than a day and we are missing the Grand Palladium already. What a wonderful week it was. As this was our first visit to Mexico we have nothing to compare it to in terms of Resort quality but it's hard to imagine a better experience.
People who complain about the service need to relax and learn to appreciate how hard most of the staff work to please. From Victor the bellboy, Alberto in the buffet, and Franchesca (I believe her name was) the barmaid, they are all top notch in our books.
Our initial impression wasn't all that positive as we had paid for an Ocean View Deluxe. The room we were placed in had no view of the ocean whatsoever. After complaining to the front desk, 15 minutes later we were relocated to a room which had one of the best ocean views at the resort. The only issues we had with the room were sandbags for pillows and rough sheets.
The resort could do a little more in terms of communication as to which "a la carte" restaurants will be open on any given night and their dress code needs to be revisited. I was turned away for wearing dress shorts yet there were people inside wearing ball caps, ripped faded jeans and flip flops. They should also post info on the Beach Barbeque as it seemed to be a mystery to most and how to make a reservation. We had a late seating reservation after sunset. The food was good but hard to see what you were eating.
The nightly show by the lobby bar was a bit cheesy but the rock band which followed on a couple nights was great. Keep the drinks flowing and they sound even better.
We gave up on the whole "reserve a chair on the beach" process as you have to be up at sunrise to get a spot so we hung by the pool all week which was just a short hike away from an ocean dip.
As for the reviewer who complained about the Saskatchewan wedding party, we had the whole group next to us all week. All together, yes they were noisy and the occasional F Bomb was dropped but individually they were all polite and respectful. As it turned out, the young fellow with the green shorts (Josh) was the most engaging of all. Quite entertaining actually if you took the time to get to know him. And most did.
If you are looking for a Vegas Casino type resort don't go here. But if you want the tropical feel, which is why we went to Mexico, then this is a great place. The elderly or those with bad knees may not appreciate all the stairs or uphill walks but it didn't bother us at all.
Thank you Grand Palladium staff and all our new friends, we would come back in a heart beat

• Stayed February 2014, traveled as a couple
2 Thank Glenn_Joanne
Dear Glenn_Joanne
I would like to thank you for your comments about our resort and staff. I have read attentively all your issues that you said in your trip report, and I would like to mention that it is important for us as hotel to know how and where we fall short and what we need to do to better meet our guest’s expectations. I would like to say that we are working every day to improve our services and the comments that we receive from our guests help us.
some points like our restaurant information we will work with our staff to enforce that and offer a better service in that way.
Again, thank you for your comments and if you decide to come back do not hesitate to contact me
Best regards,
Also consider these accommodations in or near Punta de Mita
Sunscape Puerto Vallarta Resort & Spa
Sunscape Puerto Vallarta Resort ...
#40 of 124 in Puerto Vallarta
#13 of 27 in Nuevo Vallarta
Marival Resort & Suites
Marival Resort & Suites
#14 of 27 in Nuevo Vallarta

Been to Grand Palladium Vallarta Resort & Spa? Share your experiences!