I went with my boyfriend and we chose this resort because it was the cheapest but there were others we would have preferred. I do believe that the resort was a good value for the price we paid but obviously when compared to more expensive resorts, I have some complaints.
We took an airport taxi on the way there for $60(american) and on the way back we took a hotel taxi for $35.
I was worried about the reviews about the rocky/coral beach but it was manageable, not ideal though. You start to learn where the rocky parts are and then they are easy to avoid.
The rooms were great! I thought it was wonderful that you had to use your card to turn on the power. This hotel does a wonderful job with little sustainability tricks! The maid service was also great and we had no issues with any theft, although we always made sure to use the safe.
I would recommend to the ladies, bring wedges and fancy sandals, not stilettos! The grounds were cobblestone and there are lots of stairs so it was impossible to walk!
The food and drinks were meh. I wasn't expecting anything compared to the food from at home but I didn't think the food was up to par with other resorts I've been to. However, I did love the Mexican restaurant! The BBQ on the beach was really neat too.
Service around the hotel and in the restaurants were helpful and friendly, no problem there.
The water activity rentals were awesome. You can rent surfboards, boogie boards, snorkel gear, and catamarans all for free. They had a lot of stock too.
I thought the lobby band was fantastic! It's great when resorts give you some entertainment for the late evenings. We never managed to catch the shows because we always ate late so I can't comment on those.
We had only one major issue that was with a hotel taxi driver, Nacho. Do not take a taxi with him! Not only did he rip is off but he left us stranded in a nearby town where we waited for him to pick us up for an hour.
I was disappointed with the daily poolside activities. I felt like the staff wasn't very focal about what was going on and I was annoyed that things were cancelled on weekends because weddings were there.
I wouldn't go back to this resort unless I had another money issue but I wouldn't tell anyone not to go. It had food, beer, a beautiful beach (and pools), and sun. That's all you really need!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Palladium Vallarta Resort & Spa is located on a spectacular property that offers a 300 meter long private Pacific beach, from which guests can witness stunning sunsets. The construction of the hotel has maintained the natural flora and fauna of the area to provide an extraordinary setting for an unforgettable vacation. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Cancelon, TripOnline SA, Orbitz, Travelocity, Hotwire, HotelsforEveryone, HotelQuickly, Evoline ltd and getaroom.com so you can book your Grand Palladium Vallarta Resort & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Palladium Vallarta Resort And Spa
- Palladium Vallarta Hotel Punta De Mita
- Palladium Vallarta Puerto
- Palladium Vallarta Resort & Spa
- Palladium Puerto Vallarta
- Viva Vallarta
- Hotel Palladium Vallarta
- Club Viva Vallarta