“Amazing experience, will go back!!!”

Grand Palladium Vallarta Resort & Spa
Ranked #7 of 11 Hotels in Punta de Mita
GreenLeadersGold level
Reviewed November 4, 2013

I was having an awful time this summer finding myself, amongst the daily struggles of motherhood, and trying to be a friend, and a wife, and I realized that I wasn't super-mom, I wasn't super-friend, and I broke down. My husband immediately said that we needed to go on vacation because I was in desperate need to get away. Looking online we found many different packages. Upon ALMOST booking, we decided to look in the 10-14 day category, and thus, we found the Grand Palladium. 14 days, all inclusive, $3200 for EVERYTHING! Before looking at online reviews, we were in love, and booked... Cue trip advisor... There were so many negative reviews, I couldn't believe it, but a few posts commented of the Royal Suits side. What's the Royal Suits? It was too late to change our reservation, so we took our chances, and hoped they had space when we got there! First and foremost, I want to send a huge thank you out to #SunWingVacations, you made our trip so easy, and wonderful!
The flight landed at 4:30 pm on our first day there, and we were loaded onto a bus, heading for our destination. After a quick stop to unload about 10 passengers at another resort, we had a 30 minute bus ride with the Sun Wing rep making jokes, and telling us about little land marks and businesses along the way.

Upon getting to the resort, we were quickly to ask about the Royal Suits, and what they were. The Royal Suits, at Grand Palladium, is the Adult Only side. Having 2 kids at home, and no kids on our vacation, we pulled out the credit card and payed the extra $800 for the 2 weeks. We had a representative meet us at the lobby, and he took us to our room. Knowing that we were on our honeymoon, he showed us the room that the front desk man had booked, and then he offered us the one beside it, no charge over the $800. The difference, the jet tub was in the room, instead of the bathroom. Now, at the time we loved it, it opened up the room, it was more romantic, but we soon found out that there was no point in closing the door for the toilet, because it was so small in there that my husband couldn't fit his knees in, and the door doesn't touch the floor, so even if I were to close the door, you can hear absolutely every thing anyway. That was a mistake on our part, and I will in no way let it reflect the rest of the hotel, just a warning to others who might miss that small detail, and would like a little privacy for their bathroom visits, I wouldn't go with the open concept room!!

After getting our luggage to our room, I quickly changed, and we headed down for supper. The restaurant on the adults only side is the only one, but they have so many different options, and varieties of foods, and a menus for every day of the week, instead of the same menu day in and day out as the other side does. Also, there is no dress code, other than no bathing suit (you must be covered) and you cannot be wet. Two very reasonable, and very respectful rules. The food was amazing, and the server made sure to tell us not to be afraid to order wart because all of their water is filtered, and safe, including the ice cubes! Perfect! I can't say enough about the 5 star food, and the 5 star service we got from the staff at the restaurant. We had a few night of miscommunication because of the language barrier, but thankfully it was simple little things like "would you ask the chef to put shrimp in my pasta" and it would come on the side, or as an appetizer, but we always got everything we asked for, and it's not hard to dump a plate full of shrimp onto your pasta! The salads were amazing, the vegetarian lasagna was amazing, the seafood pizza was amazing, the steaks were amazing... And should I mention free lobster EVERY NIGHT, yes!!! All you have to do is ask!!

The hotel made it very easy for you to enjoy your time there. We even became good friends with one of the butlers, and he took us to a market, and to a restaurant outside of the resort! If you're reading this, and heading to the Royal Suits, or anywhere around there, I highly recommend Xocolat!!!!

Do not be swayed by people's horrible reviews of this place, I can honestly say that a lot of those, if not all of those reviews, are from people who stayed on the Grand Palladium side.

The only thing I will say is make sure you pack EVERYTHING!!! I packed sun screen, but I didn't bring anything over 30 SPF, and I had to buy a 60 SPF and a bottle of aloe, and that alone was $40, so yes, the gift shop is overpriced, but you are far from the city, so a cab ride would actually cost you more, it's a loose loose situation, but it's one aspect, and it didn't ruin my trip!

I miss all of our amazing trip, and our amazing experiences. If you're looking to relax eat great food, around great people, in an adult setting, with no party animals, I recommend the Royal Suits. Highly recommend!

Stayed: August 2013, traveled as a couple
5  Thank Katrina B
There are newer reviews for Grand Palladium Vallarta Resort & Spa

Reviewed October 28, 2013

My best friend and I just got back from this resort! We had an amazing time. Yes, there is lots of walking, some hills, but nothing that a healthy child and adult can't handle. Would I suggest older people that have problems with walking go? NO.
As far as the food goes, I'm not sure why people are complaining. We found something tasty every day! I would suggest you try the pasta. It's made especially for you, with exactly what you ask for. Great variety!!
The ocean temperature is fantastic and we spent 3 straight days down there! I would warn people of the rocks that are on the bottom. I got hit by a wave and landed on my knee that resulted in a boo-boo.
The little zoo is great, lots of animals to see. The grounds are beautiful! Lush and amazing! Two iguanas rushed passed us on a path and quickly ran up a tree!
The staff was great, always making sure we were looked after, glasses full.
Make sure you bring lots of sunscreen, as the sun is super hot!! There is not much of a breeze either and it was super humid. As long as your glass is full and you are near a pool or the ocean, all is well. The pools were great! The adult pool has an amazing view of the beach.
I would definitely go back!!

Room Tip: We had a standard room, second floor. It's very spacious. The bathroom was great. Nice size sh...
  • Stayed: October 2013, traveled with friends
5  Thank Kelly B
AnaMCastro, General Manager at Grand Palladium Vallarta Resort & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded November 1, 2013

Dear Kelly B
I would like to thank you for your positive comments about the Grand Palladium Resort. I really appreciate that you and your friend enjoyed your vacations. I will take note about your comments and I will send them to our staff. We are continuously working in order to keep our guest expectations high and the comments that we receive from our guests help us to know if we are on the right path.
I hope that you decide to spend your next vacation with us and if there is anything that we can do, please let me know or send me an email

Reviewed October 23, 2013

We traveled to this resort last december and had an amazing time... yes there is alot of walking but exercise is good... food was good the only hiccup we had was we went for our honeymoon and our room had 2 beds so we eent to the front desk and it was immediately upgraded to a ocean view room with a king size bed! The staff was amazing,very polite and helpful there was only one staff member that I didnt care for an she was one of the main performers in the evening show. She was very rude and was flocked to the male guests very inappropriatly.. other than that, the beach was beautiful we boogy boarded every day and eere never "cut" yes there is rocky areas but the lifegaurd was very quick to guide us away from those areas! I loved this resort and we are trying to convince our friends to join us there again this year!

• Stayed: December 2012
3  Thank canadianisland

Dear canadianisland
I am glad to know that you and your wife enjoyed your honeymoon stay with us. I really appreciate the time that you took to write your comments about your last stay in Grand Palladium Vallarta.
I hope that you decide to spend your next holidays with us and if there is anything that we can do, please let me know or send me an email.
best regards

Reviewed October 21, 2013

We visited the Grand Palladium in October 2013 for our honeymoon.

Hotel - It is situated along the coast on its own and the grounds are amazing. You have a zoo in the middle and all the rooms are surrounded in tropical jungle. Alot of people complained on here about the ammount of walking and steps, we didnt find this an issue and having the resort spread out amongst the jungle was a bonus for us.

Rooms - We upgraded to a master suite. The room was brilliant with a prime view over the sea, an entrance room and a large bedroom. We had 2 balconies, one overlooking main pool and ocean and another balcony overlooking the sea with a jakuzi. The room was well equiped with a mini fridge which is restocked everyday, flat screen TVs, built in safe and a king size bed.

Food - we read many reviews on here about the food and were abit worried but we did not have any problems and actually thought the food was very good. The buffet always had freshly cooked food from grilled tuna to steaks and chicken, fresh pizzas and pasta and you wouldnt get bored fot he food selection. We ate at all the Ala Cartes and the obnly one which was abit of a let down was the Mexican. The Ribs & More, The Bambu and Portofino restaurants were very good.

Location - The Grand Palladium is about 35 minutes drive from the airport and abotu 45 minutes from Puerto Vallarta. Is is secluded but that is the reason why we choose it. It costs 700 pesos in a taxi from the airport to get there and around 450 pesos to get from the hotel to pa,lladium vallarta in a white taxi. Alternatively, you can get the local bus from otuisde the hotel to the town centre for about 20 pesos.

I would like to have a couple of special mentions to Geovanni in Hemingsway bar and Alberto who worked in the main buffet, both were fantastic.

We had amazing weather for the 11 days we were there and only 1 thunderstorm one evening.

I would highly recommend the hotel and was hard to fault anythign the time we were there. Thank you to everyone at the Palladium who made our trip so enjoyable.

Room Tip: Rooms in block 1 by adult pool if you want a quieter time
10  Thank Tom M
AnaMCastro, General Manager at Grand Palladium Vallarta Resort & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded October 22, 2013

Dear Tom M
I would like to thank you for your comments about your last stay in Grand Palladium Vallarta. I am glad to know that you enjoyed your stay in the Resort. We really appreciate all comments that we receive from our guests and I will send to Gionvanni and Alberto your especial mention here. If you decide to spend your next holidays with us please, let me know in order to check your reservation or anything else.
Best Regards,

Reviewed October 18, 2013

Well this was our first time away in years and it was great! We were originally supposed to stay in the Grand Palladium section of the resort but upon arrival we upgraded to the Royal Suites which is adults only. We thought since we didn't have our kids with us we wanted an more adult atmosphere. It was not busy in the adult section at all which was super nice. The Punta De Mita Restaurant was great. Alfredo and Carlos were my favorites and thank them for making our meals perfect! The waiters near the pool were also great - I never had an empty glass lol. We ate at all the al la carte restaurants which I must say were all great. Our favorite was Bambu. The rooms were very nice, clean and welcoming. I would definitely go back. It is out out of the way - but if you want excursions they are offered at good prices. Great place - definitely go back!Great place - definitely go back!

4  Thank Angela C

Dear Angela C
First of all, I would like to thank you for taking the time to describe your last vacation in The Royal Suites Punta de Mita. All reports helps us to understand what our guests need or want from their vacation.
In regards to our staff, thank you for your positive comments about them. There are very hard workers here and I want you to know I will pass your kind words to them in order our staff knows their work is recognize by our guests.
I hope you decide to come back in the future and that we can meet your expectations again
best regards

Reviewed October 16, 2013

I stayed at Palladium in October 2013 with my girlfriend and group of friends. I was never one for All-Inclusive but the staff here have single-handedly changed my mind. Where to start?! First of all the price is just ridiculous. For what you pay, I cant imagine anything better than this. The rooms are great and housekeeping is excellent, Margharita was our housekeeper and our room was spotless and organized every morning. For breakfast, we had Alberto as our server every morning. He would see us and have 6 cappuccinos waiting for us before we even sat down. One of our crew was sick one morning and he proceeded to scour the hotel for the ingredients of a good tea for her sickness. Each night we dined at one of the many different restaurants that are open for a la carte service. We had Julio serve us every night. Julio could teach us Canadians a thing or two about service. He was funny, efficient and extremely professional. Between the two of them, some of the best service I have ever received. Very personable as well, made us feel like more than just guests, much more like family than anything. At the pool bar was Daniel. One of the nicest people I have ever dealt with. Im not sure I have ever had a connection with a customer service person as I had with him. Our conversations truly helped make my trip. The food was awesome, and there was always something for everyone. All the staff, security guards to guest reception were very helpful. If they didn't understand you, they would find someone who did. Each night they do a show at the main theatre, so much fun. The dancers are awesome (especially Isthro, I think was his name) and their performances were extremely high energy and so entertaining. Also as a person who doesn't drink, all the bartenders and staff were very accommodating to providing lots of non-alcoholic beverages.

All in all, this place is awesome, there is no other way to put it. The staff are so friendly and personable and they all helped me with my Spanish as well. I never thought you could get such a personal experience at an all inclusive. I love this place, I love these people and I will definitely be back next year, that is a promise. Thank you all.

8  Thank RWelly

Dear RWelly
First of all, I would like to thank you for taking the time to describe your last vacation in Grand Palladium Vallarta. It was a very extensive report and that helps us to understand what our guests need or want from their vacation.
In regards to our staff, thank you for your positive comments about them. There are a very hard workers here and I want you to know I will pass your kind words to them in order our staff knows their work is recognize by our guests.
Again, thank you for your comments and I hope you can give us the opportunity to come back in a future.

Reviewed October 15, 2013

Obviously we really enjoy The Grand Palladium. We have stayed at many other 4 and 5 Star resorts and in our opinion you cannot beat the experience and the value of this resort. There are nicer resorts but when you compare it from a value point of view The Palladium always wins hands down. The resort is not too big and we love the trpoical forrest setting. The staff has always treated us extremely well and we have developed some strong relationships over the years. The buffet has plenty to offer to keep most people happy. there is always a good varierty of main course dishes with lots of tasty side and dessert dishes as well.
The main pool is large with a beautiful of the ocean in one direction and the stunning tropical forrest in the other. We really like the adult pool with the warmer water and always have a good time there.
The beach is great and the boogie boarding is highly recommended! (and always clean)
The only drawback for some people is the stairs and inclined walkways. If you have difficulties walking or getting around, this may not be the resort for you. Personaaly it helps me burn of all those extra calories form the great food and drinks.
We prefer building #1 as it is closest to the adult pool.
We are going back in late November and look forward to another great vacation.

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled as a couple
10  Thank JohnandMariaH

Dear JohnandMariah
I am glad to know that you enjoyed your return to the Grand Palladium hotel. I appreciate and I will take note about your comments. For us is gratifying to know our guest enjoyed their vacations and we are providing our best services for them. I would like to let you know that we will send that information to all our staff that made that our guest enjoyed their vacations with us and returning for 10th time here!!
Please, let me know if you are planning to come back here and if I can help you with your reservation or anything else
Hoping to meet you in your next stay with us!!
Best regards

Also consider these accommodations in or near Punta de Mita
Sunscape Puerto Vallarta Resort & Spa
Sunscape Puerto Vallarta Resort ...
#38 of 123 in Puerto Vallarta
Secrets Vallarta Bay Puerto Vallarta
Secrets Vallarta Bay Puerto Vall...
#14 of 123 in Puerto Vallarta
#14 of 28 in Nuevo Vallarta
ClubHotel RIU Jalisco
ClubHotel RIU Jalisco
#20 of 28 in Nuevo Vallarta

Been to Grand Palladium Vallarta Resort & Spa? Share your experiences!