“Would recommend this place for an anniversary of wedding, as well as a vacation”

Grand Palladium Vallarta Resort & Spa
Ranked #7 of 11 Hotels in Punta de Mita
GreenLeadersGold level
Reviewed September 8, 2013

This resort rocked! My husband and I recently went down to celebrate our 20th wedding anniversary. Were booked to stay on the regular side but upon checking in were asked if we wanted to upgrade for 60 dollars more a night. This gets you lobster dinner every night, 24 hour room service, a private pool, private restaurant, private beach and a butler to organize anything that you need. Also a bottle of wine with the room and a pillow menu and a jacuzzi tub that was AWESOME! This upgrade also allowed us access to the other side and it's a huge resort. The private restaurant also allowed us to eat there in beach wear(not bikinis or shirtless) but cover up our suits and go eat. The other restaurants there where you have to sit and order a la carte you have to wear full pants. And because of the humidilty it does make for a uncomfortable experience but then the food was great and you end up going swimming every night anyway so it was allllll good. Viva Mexico restaurant was the only restaurant I went to and the food was very very good. Have the stuffed crab , it was to die for. Also ate at la bosque which is a buffet restaurant and you can wear shorts there and their food was just as good. A huge lay out of food that would have me wanting to eat till I explode. The of our anniversary was just amazing. We had booked a spa and while away we came back to balloons in our room with a small cake and champagne. Lunch we ended up getting heart shape desserts and dinner they had decorated our table with flowers and balloons and made it really special for us. Also that day we had a spa and played tennis and had a excellent photo shoot with a gentleman name francois and he took some really memorable photos of our special day. The upgrade was truly worth it. but it did look like the other side was fun as well. They keep the guest busy at the main pool with all sorts of games, you can learn to surf, or kayak or go on a mini catamaran. Play tennis, archery as well as all the attractions that the area provides. Was worried about all the negative reviews but to me it was beautiful and quiet and fun and relaxing. If you want to party, stay on that side , if you want quiet, upgrade. Overall it was a wonderful experience. And yes it's far away from town but that's what makes it special and if you want to par take in the touristy stuff, it's there and depending on what you do a bus will be provided for you if it's on a specific day. Loved watching the ocean waves roliing in and beach combing in the beach and everything else to do there. As special shout out to Ben and Misael who were our butlers, as well as the other gentleman I cannot remember, our bartenders Juan and Daniel for the excellent drinks they were always coming up with(Especially Daniel for the cantaloupe head drink on our anniversary) And all the waiters at Punta Mita restaurant for their excellent service and the rest of the staff at the resort for letting us keep our bracelets on when our flights was delayed 12 hours due to the plane breaking down. Although we didn't have rooms they let us have access to our luggage and showers so that we could still enjoy the resort until we left.

Highly recommend this resort if you want to get away and relax and feel like royalty. It was truly a wonderful experience!!

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled as a couple
9  Thank Lori P
AnaMCastro, General Manager at Grand Palladium Vallarta Resort & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded September 20, 2013

Dear Lori P
On behalf of the Grand Palladium Vallarta, thank you for your comments. It is exactly the feedback such as yours that assists us in achieving the outstanding service that we constantly strive for. A wedding, an anniversary or any other important event for our guests, it is equally important for us and we always trying to keep our guests expectations and making an unforgettable day for them.
Once again thank you for bringing your experience to our attention. If you plan to visit us on the future, please do not hesitate to contact us directly and we will personally take care of your booking, to ensure you have a perfect stay.

There are newer reviews for Grand Palladium Vallarta Resort & Spa

Reviewed September 4, 2013

My husband and I stayed here for seven days a couple of weeks ago. We initially were pretty nervous because we had seen so many negative comments on here (it appears to us that a lot of people feel far too entitled to perfection), but our only complaint is about the other guests who smoked by the pool. We wish that they were not allowed to do that. But we had a great time. The food was really good, the staff were super friendly, and our room was always clean. We payed extra to have an ocean view room and it was definitely worth it. We spent a lot of our time reading by the adult pool. It got really busy the last couple of days we were there, but we were just thankful that it wasn't that busy the whole time. The beach was gorgeous, but we wish that it wasn't so rocky. My husband likes to body surf and wasn't really able to. For that reason alone we will probably go somewhere else next time, but I wouldn't be surprised if we ended up back at the Palladium the time after that. The views were gorgeous, the food was delicious, the rooms were clean, and the staff were great.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled as a couple
8  Thank Essenay

Dear Essenay
I would like to thank you for your report about your last stay in Grand Palladium Vallarta. I was very pleased to read all the positive comments you had for us.
In reference to your comments about our beach, I would like to inform you that in raining season we usually had more rocks than in winter season. The beach is rocky now but in winter season there are not storms affecting the tides. I just mention these for your consideration in case you and your husband decide to visit us again but in other season.
Again, thank you for your comments and I really glad to know you and your husband enjoyed your stay with us. I hope have to opportunity to welcome back in a future and If you have any doubt do not hesitate to contact us.

Reviewed September 4, 2013

we read some reviews before picking this one, some were not good. well we had a wonderful time. Customer service at its best! the buffet food was very good , the restaurants even better . The ocean view is wonderful . Loved watching the waves roll in from the pool, while sipping the best margaritas . All the staff were very friendly . there seemed to be lots of staff cleaning and doing maintenance. we will most definetley be coming back to this one.This resort is a little older, but has great character .The resort is spread out over a large area lots of walking ,through the gardens on stone tile with thatched covered roofs . If you are looking for a really high class place , you might be a little disappointed . i felt this resort has a more traditional Mexican feel with great atmosphere,restaurants, private beach and service

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled as a couple
4  Thank Sherri Y

Dear Sherri Y
First of all, I would like to thank you for taking the time to write here your comments about your last stay in Grand Palladium Vallarta. You can be sure that we will congratulate to the all staff and we will let them know that their efforts to obtain our guests satisfaction have been well received.
We are very happy and proud to hear that you really enjoy our resort. Thank you for your good comments and if you decide to come back in a future do not hesitate to contact us.

Reviewed September 4, 2013

just arrived back from our 1 week stay at the resort our very first trip our honeymoon the resort is far from the town, but your travel agent should be inform you of this , we were really just looking for a nice place to relax, drink, eat and enjoy our selves and as we have nothing to compare to this place seemed really amazing there is a bit of walking but i thought it was great as all the extra eating and drinking your doing kind of evens it out a bit :P t

The Food was great buffet has a great selection everynight each night having a different theme and the staff are nice and attentive although if it was a busier season im sure that may change ?
the ribs and more resturant was my least favorite i wasnt a fan of the beef ribs that i had ordered The japaneese resturant was my favorite mexican take on it was awesome.

The drinks from our awesome bar tender ELMER were awesome we loved him he was so awesome and we were sad to not see him on our last day

I really enjoyed my stay here and i defiantly go back next time we go to Pto Vallarta , but we want to scope out a few other resorts in different areas of mexico it may take a bit to get back but i am sure we will be back :)

Just one con
--- The bed and the sheets are not so soft =P i was more then excited to sleep in my bed when i arrived home

but thats all i really had a great time :)

Room Tip: rooms with smaller numbers like ours 1301 is closest to the ocean and if you dont like stairs stay o...
  • Stayed: August 2013, traveled as a couple
3  Thank Kristy L

Dear Kristy L.
Thank you so much for taking the time to write this review on our hotel. Your remarks are very much appreciated as they help us to improve our service and our product.
I appreciate your positive notes about the hotel and the feedback you have provided regarding our food and beverage offerings. For us it is so important to know our guests opinions in order to improve our service day to day.
We hope that we will have the opportunity to welcome you back to the resort and make your stay nothing but a pleasure experience again.

Reviewed September 4, 2013

We had an absolutly awesome time at this resort, the zoo in the middle was really cool, and the waves are to die for. best surfing we've ever seen. its far enough out of town that you dont get bothered by alot of people traffic, the beach is long and all but private. all around it was an excelent trip. we will go back1

Room Tip: all the rooms have a jacuzzi even the regular rooms, its just not in the bedroom like the deluxe jac...
  • Stayed: April 2013, traveled as a couple
3  Thank Sara A

Dear Sara A
On behalf of the Grand Palladium Vallarta by Palladium family, thank you for your comments. It is exactly feedback such as yours that assists us in achieving the service excellence that we constantly strive for.
If you plan to visit us on the future, please do not hesitate to contact us directly and we will personally take care of your booking, to ensure you have a perfect stay again.
best regards

Reviewed September 3, 2013

This was my fourth trip to Puerto Vallarta and 3rd stay at this amazing resort. Albeit quite a drive from the airport (one hour), depending on the driver and cerveza stops, this Punta de Mita resort is a gem!
I had a small issue with my room upon arrival as I had booked an "ocean view" room through Travel Best Bets out of Vancouver B.C. and found that I had been given a "garden view" room instead. Yesenia at the front desk resolved my issue quickly and had me in room 2202, a fantastic 2nd floor corner suite with a great view of the ocean and main pool.
I was sans children this trip so I had the option of booking on the Royal Suites side which is adult only but the amazing view kept me on the regular side of the resort. The upgrade fee to the Royal side was going to be $75/night but can be as high as $150 in high season. The beach in front of this resort is free of vendors and if facing the ocean, you can turn to the right, walk past the Royal Suites side and continue around the rocks to a stretch of beach over 2 kilometers long (venture only when the tide is out). Great surfing and boogie boarding right off the main beach.

I ate all of my meals in the main buffet on this trip, El Bosque Restaurant, everything you could want from a great cappuccino & delicious chilaquiles in the morning to the best tacos de pescado for lunch or dinner and of course the best guacamole at every meal. I'll take the food at the Grand Palladium over the Sheraton Buganvilias any day! Armando and Cesar in the dining room need to be commended on their excellent service. Rafael and Alejandra at the main pool bar were excellent as well and the pina coladas were top notch!

If you surf, a day trip to Sayulitas is a must and if you desire something a bit more "touristy", a trip to the Marietas Islands to swim from the hidden beach is unforgettable. This resort is great value for the money, provides delicious food and hosts an incredible staff. My family and I are looking forward to visiting the Grand Palladium resort later this year.

Room Tip: An ocean view room is an absolute must!
  • Stayed: May 2013, traveled solo
5  Thank urbanmedusa
AnaMCastro, General Manager at Grand Palladium Vallarta Resort & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded September 4, 2013

Dear urbanmedusa,
I am glad to know that you enjoyed your 3rd return to the Grand Palladium Vallarta. I really appreciate all your great comments about our resort and staff. I will take note and I will send them. For us it is a gratifying that you enjoyed your vacation with us and you are considering to visit us again this year. Please if you decide to come back do not hesitate to send me and email directly in order to take care about your reservation.

Reviewed September 3, 2013

This was our seventh trip to mexico in the past 3 years. They have all been good trips but some better than others. This trip was on the low side of the scale.

We arrived and were ushered into line to check in, after 15 - 20 minutes in line we were told to skip the line and go to the theatre for check in. After the hotel info speech they started calling out names and handing out room keys, they finished calling names and begun to pack up, we still were not checked in, went up and talked to them seems they they overlooked us - less then great start. But hey let it go a holiday is what you make of it right.

Finally got a room and and were surprised it was not the room we thought we had booked, (they told us they had no others available for a few days) small blessing this room was quiet and somewhat close to the beach.

Food here is okay - nothing special just okay - best meal everyday was breakfast.

Pools were crowded but we were still able to find chairs same with the beach.

One thing I did not care for was being asked to move so they could set up for a wedding. Why let me sit there and get comfortable in the first place - no chairs available when we were asked to move. Ended up parked near the family pool, nice and surprisingly not overly noisy.

Took a couple of day trips, one to Punta de Mita and one to Sayulita, Sayulita was a busy little place. Very interesting good day trip. Punta de Mita was uninspiring - thanks to the guy who told us we were at the last collectivo stop or we would have kept on going and ended up back at the resort.

The beach was excellent, swimming is hard on the feet - bring water shoes (super expensive in the gift shop). At low tide you can walk forever and barely see another person, was truly an escape.

Overall not bad but not great - The bands they had playing before the shows were very good and the shows were not very good, did not make it through an entire show.

Sorry Palladium we will not be back there are too many options for holiday in Nayarit some with less stars where the staff is friendlier and the service and food are better. I would love to spend a day walking on that fabulous beach but that is not enough to bring me back.

The cost was to high for what we got back. Will save our money and go to a different resort next time.

Room Tip: Roms overlooking the jungle are for the most part very quiet and pretty darn private
  • Stayed: April 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Janamik

Dear janamik
I would like to thank you for your comments about our resort and staff. I have read attentively all your issues that you said in your trip report, and I would like to mention that it is important for us as hotel to know how and where we fall short and what we need to do to better meet our guest’s expectations. I would like to say that we are working every day to improve our services and the comments that we receive from our guests help us. I am sorry to read you do not come back to our resort and again, thank you for your comments.

Also consider these accommodations in or near Punta de Mita
Sunscape Puerto Vallarta Resort & Spa
Sunscape Puerto Vallarta Resort ...
#38 of 123 in Puerto Vallarta
Secrets Vallarta Bay Puerto Vallarta
Secrets Vallarta Bay Puerto Vall...
#14 of 123 in Puerto Vallarta
#14 of 28 in Nuevo Vallarta
ClubHotel RIU Jalisco
ClubHotel RIU Jalisco
#20 of 28 in Nuevo Vallarta

Been to Grand Palladium Vallarta Resort & Spa? Share your experiences!