“Couldn't have imagined anything better!”

Grand Palladium Vallarta Resort & Spa
Ranked #7 of 11 Hotels in Punta de Mita
GreenLeadersGold level
Elkhart, Indiana, United States
“Couldn't have imagined anything better!”
Reviewed June 6, 2013

My wife and I recently were married at the Grand Palladium Vallarta, and we could not imagine a better place to do so. The staff was amazing and friendly to the point we knew them by name and they knew us by name by the end of the week! Isaac was first class when it came to any of the meals/events he helped us with. He would be the kind of employee any of us would love to add to our own staffs! Vanessa was probably the most personable person who got to know us and was just an absolute pleasure to talk to (and dance salsa with)!! And with our little one with us in tow we were extremely impressed with the child care options so we could steal a few moments alone. Gabriella was phenomenal and we never had any doubt or worry when we were away from our 18 month old and our friends 1 year old. We travelled with 25 people, and all of them had a great time!! The resort is fabulous, the drinks were great, and the environment was breathtaking! The food options might have been a little on the light side in terms of variety, but nonetheless it was all fantastic! Thank you everyone at the Palladium Vallarta for making our trip and wedding unforgettable!

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
AnaMCastro, General Manager at Grand Palladium Vallarta Resort & Spa, responded to this review, June 18, 2013
Dear Daniel T
First of all, I would like to thank you for taking the time to describe your last vacation in grand Palladium Vallarta. A wedding event is a very special day for the brides and grooms, and for us like hotel it is one of our priorities. We really appreciate all your comments regards your stay and wedding event and it is gratifying to know we complish all your expectations.
Again, thank you for your comments and I hope you and your family can give us the opportunity to come back in a future.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (913)
Portland, Oregon
Reviewed June 5, 2013

My second visit to the Palladium Vallarta was May 25-June 1, 2013 and I must say, it was even better than the first visit. It had been nearly 7 years since my last visit, and so much has changed and improved– to the credit of a VERY hard working team of people. The constant of this resort is the warm heart, friendly attitude, and AMAZING work ethic of all the employees. I have travelled extensively throughout the world, and I am struck by how good all the people are at this resort.

I was traveling with my brother and my 6 year old son. My brother and I were both on holiday, celebrating our birthdays. The staff at the resort were too kind – they delivered a special towel shaped birthday “cake” to our room, covered with the local flower as garnish, and offered us special drinks and dessert. Juan, one of the managers, is a fabulous person, and enjoys visiting with the guests and making sure you are enjoying your stay. You must meet Giovanni at Hemmingway’s , the high end bar; he is funny, attentive, and “muy guapo.” Tell him Lisa & Steve say hello! Plus, this bar pours top shelf liquor. It was nice to have Baileys on the rocks as a night cap each evening! My brother and I would tip $1 each time we would order drinks - at all the bars. Even though this place is “all inclusive” you can be certain, without tips, the employees do not benefit from what you/I pay to the Palladium.

We had a 3rd floor deluxe ocean view room in the 1st building. Our room was 1308, and a great choice. I would encourage you to request 1306, 1304, 1302, or 1300, as these would locate you even closer to the open ocean view. This is a great building, as it is central and adjacent to the adult pool, so is a bit more quiet.

The rooms have been upgraded. Ours had 2 double beds and a couch. The rooms are stocked with mini fridge filled with coke, coca cola lite, Fanta, water, and beer, have an ironing board and iron, hair dryer, and a room safe. Pillows are so-so, but if you want better pillows, you can pay to upgrade with their “pillow” menu. Beds are firm, clean, and fairly comfortable. We left $2-$3/per day on the bed for the maid each day.

Two of the best improvements since my last visit are the Kids Club and the Spa. My son went to the club for a few hours each day. It was open 9AM-11PM if I recall. Usually there were 2-4 young women working with the kids. Each day they had different arts and crafts, played on the play structure, went to the beach, the pool, did face painting, had a piñata, made cookies, played soccer, and more. I was surprised by the volume of fun choices for the kids. These young women are SO kind to the kids. I generally tipped $6-$10 per day. If you consider we normally would pay a child care provider WAY more at home, it is wholly appropriate to tip these ladies. A special thank you to all the ladies for being so kind to my son.

I cannot say enough about the Spa. It is gorgeous, hip, clean, and RELAXING. I had a 50 minute deep-tissue massage with Sandra. She is petite, but so strong, and excellent. Ernesto takes particularly good care of you at the desk. Even if you do not book a Spa treatment, I encourage you to check out the private pool, water falls, steam rooms, and hot tubs. I would go here at least 1 hour/day to read. It was so serene!

Food. It is good and plentiful. On busy nights you will want to make reservations with the concierge. My favorite ala cart was Bamboo. We ate here 2 times. Don’t miss the flan for dessert. The Mexican restaurant was tasty – try the shrimp dish, and has the best view at sunset. I would likely skip the Mediterranean restaurant by the main pool. If you do go, good Cesar salad at the salad bar and get the tiramisu for dessert . The beach BBQ is a lovely setting for dinner, and you can catch a fine sunset. Don’t miss the red snapper on the grill. If you have not tried Chilaquiles for breakfast before, you must! These are a breakfast staple and beyond SCRUMPTIOUS. We would tip generally $2-$6 at each meal, depending breakfast, lunch/snack, dinner.

The stay would not be complete without time at the adult pool. What a blast! A great place for a cocktail…..or two. Matius will take good care of you. A popular drink is “A Ticket to Fly.” A good tip I picked up from my 1st trip - - bring an insulated tumbler with a lid/straw. Drink is bigger, stays cold, no bugs, does not spill, and better for the environment than a zillion cups. We had a fabulous time at this pool and met so many nice people. Lots and lots of Canadians, aye, but all were funny. When I returned home I needed to study a map of Canada, as this seems like this was a hot spot for Canadian folks - - Vancouver, Victoria BC, Edmonton, Winnipeg, and more! Not many from the US, but that was fine by me!

Don’t miss the small “wading pool” that was built up in the ocean with the stone walls; makes a great ocean pool for kids with lots of little creatures and fish. I would recommend you bring insect repellant, as my little guy got sand mite bites (?) or mosquito bites. Also, bring some anti-bacterial non-itch type cream, Aloe Vera and 50 sunblock – even with I got a bit of a burn.
The zoo is a treat, and fun to see the monkeys each day. If you go in the AM you can catch the zoo keepers at feeding time. The grounds are an impeccable botanical garden with the native plants and trees, and amazingly maintained. Look close, and you will see lots of little lizard/gecko types!

I could go on and on, as I love this place. But again, to reiterate, the staff make this place special. Be good to them, and realize they are very hardworking and sometimes expected to do the work of 3 people. Already looking forward to a future visit…

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
3 Thank lisaraine7
Dear lisaraine7
First of all, I would like to thank you for taking the time to describe your last vacation in Grand Palladium Vallarta for your second time. All our guest reports help us to understand what our guests need or want from their vacation. You can be sure that we will congratulate to the staff you kindly mentioned and we will let them know that their efforts to obtain our guests satisfaction have been well received.
We are very happy and proud to hear that you really enjoy our resort. Thank you for your good comments and if you decide to come back in a future do not hesitate to contact us.
Best regards,
Melbourne, Australia
Reviewed May 29, 2013

My husband & I recently stayed at The Grand Palladium Puerto Vallarta on an all inclusive deal. The venue was fantastic catering for all. Magnificient buffet breakfast & lunch was followed by a different restaurant every night for dinner. The amount of food on offer was ridiculous!! Our room was very nice and catered well to our needs.
The pool areas were fantastic as was the cocktail bars beside both. The only slight criticism I may have is that the poor bartenders were overworked and there should have been more staff to help! A family friendly venue with onsight Zoo & Kids Club & Young Teens Club and a magnificent beach area also with another Bar.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
Alejandro C, Manager at Grand Palladium Vallarta Resort & Spa, responded to this review, June 10, 2013
Dear Jacky Z,
First of all, I would like to thank you for the good comments about your stay with your husband in Grand Palladium Vallarta Resort & Spa and for bringing up the services that can help all visitors in their next trips.
I am glad that you enjoyed your vacation with us and we will take note about your good comments about our Resort, in order to improve our performance day after day, so we can do our best to make sure that every guest has a great experience here.
If you decide to come back again or if there is anything else we can do for you, please, do not hesitate to contact us directly,
Kind regards,
Toronto, Canada
Reviewed May 26, 2013

Went for vacation here from April 27th to May 3rd with my wife and 2 kids (age 2 and 4) and my best pal and his wife and their 6 month old daughter. About a 45 minute drive from the airport to the resort. Resort was fantastic, where do I start...

We went most night to the buffet, great selection of food and perfect service from our waitress/waiter. Breakfast buffet was fantastic as well and our waiter for breakfast was great.
Lunch buffet by the beach wasn't the best, I was hoping for more of a beach side grill as I have experienced at other resorts (no BBQ roasted chickens). Went to 2 Ala cartes, Mexican wasn't very good and the beach BBQ wasn't that good either. The drinks were okay, think they might have been watered down a little. I'm a big amber Rum drinker and their Bacardi was a little 'light' colored.

The food at the Sports Bar was great! We went for a few of the Leafs playoff games and the wings, fajitas and jalapeno poppers were unbelievable! Great place to visit and make sure you tip the cook -- she deserves it!

Night time entertainment was fun, good shows most night and our kids got up on the stage a few nights as well. We dropped our kids off at the daycare 3 times and they really enjoyed it! Very nice girls working there.

The grounds were very well kept and our group really enjoyed the Zoo on the resort. They just added a cage for the rescued baby Jaguar! Lots of trails to explore with the kids. The lobby is in need of an upgrade but it does have free WiFi. Jessie the concierge is a bit of a creep with the young ladies.

As previous reviewers have mentioned there was lots of locals at the resort. They seemed very friendly and we got along fine with everyone. Great service from our maid as well. The resort is not overly big, so its a quick walk from any of the rooms to all the amenities. I've been to super sized resorts before and this was a nice change to have everything within a 5 minute walk. My wife felt very safe walking the resort by herself.

Would highly recommend this resort to everyone!

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
3 Thank wilson190
AnaMCastro, General Manager at Grand Palladium Vallarta Resort & Spa, responded to this review, May 27, 2013
Dear Wilson190
First of all, I would like to thank you for your positive comments about your vacations in Grand Palladium Vallarta. I am glad that you and your family enjoyed your stay with us.
In reference to your comments about our restaurants and BBQ service, I can assure you that we will take note about that in order to correct or improve them. As Palladium Vallarta is an all inclusive, all comments that we receive from food and beverages helps us to know that our guest looking or expecting in their vacations.
Again, thank you for your comments about our staff and services and If I can help you in any way or decide to come back to Grand Palladium Vallarta please, let me know.
Vancouver Island
Reviewed May 25, 2013

The claims of updating have been much exaggerated! We were here 5 years ago and it hasn't changed a bit - ok, the spa is a little different, but that's it. We definitely had a relaxing vacation, but have to agree with the 'mediocre' food/service rating. All employees were very agreeable, but did not seem to get around to completing a request (eg curtains not closing). When we checked in we were given keys to TWO rooms that were already occupied...one had a near naked woman diving for a towel when we opened her door, and the other had money on the night tables and clothing laying around. Good thing we are honest people! We decided to upgrade to the Royal Suites side and were much happier there, but paid an additional $900!

Room Tip: Definitely get a room in the Royal Suites if you want to avoid all the chaos of families around the...
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank travel0ts
canada
Reviewed May 25, 2013

We went for our Honeymoon in May 2013. Our first night we were put in a room with double beds, which sucks for two tall newlyweds. They wouldn't switch us until our travel agents at Westjet called them, westjet was awesome btw.

We saw the resort when it was busy and extremely slow. We were there for 10 days, and for most of that, about 7 or 8 days, it was really slow. When its slow of course its nice to have a nearly empty pool, or not to have to reserve ala cartes, but the buffet food suffers big time. Its less fresh, and only the secondary buffet is open, which is wide open to birds (you can see it in the thumbnail above) . If not many people are eating the birds get brave enough to divebomb into the buffet food, if it is busy they just stick to what they can get when you leave your dishes on your table (which the staff is usually really good at getting to first). The birds are disgusting, and I rather have a indoor eating area, then get bird flu.

Smoking is permitted inside the adult pool, and they don't seem to enforce ash trays, usually most guests are considerate not to smoke in to pool, but occasionally it happen, and its super gross to swim in an ash tray. This only happened on 2 of our 10 day visits, and we went to the pool every day. Aside from this the pool stays very clean.

We didn't do many activities, we just relax. Evening shows were not very good, but again it was low occupancy time.

On our first night we had a problem with air conditioning, we called for maintenance, and had to call back at least 3 more times. They fixed it, but over a hour later.

Cleaning staff and restaurant staff were great.

The beds were awful, hard matrices and pillows. Woke up several times, and can feel partners every move, even in a king. Has a annoying plastic sheet underneath, but probably good thing, I think it protects against bedbugs.

Drinks were very good, if a little weak in terms of booze, but as I'm not a heavy drinker it was nice to drink cocktails all day in the sun and not be hammered before dinner.

Room Tip: If the room isn't what you want, try to change immediately, before the resort gets too full.
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank maul57
Alejandro C, Manager at Grand Palladium Vallarta Resort & Spa, responded to this review, May 27, 2013
Dear maul57,
Thanks a lot for your comments and for giving us your feedback of your stay at our Resort. We continuously work to make every guest’s holiday a great experience, and it is very important for us to realize that our effort is successful.
We will check your remarks about the birds on the open buffet, your comments about smoking on the adult’s pool , the maintenance service and also your opinion about the beds comfort.
As I told you before, all comments, bad and good, are very important to us for constantly improving the quality of our service.
Toronto, Canada
Reviewed May 23, 2013

If you expect a 3-star then you will enjoy this resort, but do not count on greater expectations. Rooms at this resort are starting to be renovated, but watch out of you end up in an old tired looking room, but remember it is only a 3-star resort, so do not be fooled into thinking the suites side is any better!

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
Dear Andrew M
First of all, thank you for add your opinion regards your last stay in Grand Palladium Vallarta. Regards your comments I would like to clarify that we made a big renovation in the hotel two years ago who included all rooms (floor, furniture, air conditioning, bathrooms, etc) so we are considering all our new rooms renewing. So, I really do not understand your comments about our rooms...
Nevertheless, thank you for your comments I really appreciate all reports that help us to improve our services.
Also consider these accommodations in or near Punta de Mita
Sunscape Puerto Vallarta Resort & Spa
Sunscape Puerto Vallarta Resort ...
#41 of 124 in Puerto Vallarta
#14 of 28 in Nuevo Vallarta
The Royal Suites Punta de Mita
The Royal Suites Punta de Mita
#4 of 11 in Punta de Mita

Been to Grand Palladium Vallarta Resort & Spa? Share your experiences!