April 13-20th, 2013 - this was our first trip to PV and we stayed in the Royal suites. We upgraded to the Master (well worth it) and our room was 5116 facing front over the gorgeous view. First of all I thought it could be loud over the pool and bar area but it wasn’t, it was very quiet.
When we arrived we were dropped off and I was sad to see such an open large lobby with no bar area and very bare. However, the girl at the counter and her smile made up for it; she was a gem. We got checked in and then upgraded to another suite (5116) called a master suite. The views are gorgeous, and also the 2 bathrooms were awesome!
The pool has amazing service, Roman and Macario ran around from the beach area to the pool deck with full service daily including many lunches etc. Not sure who said they had no beach service but that isn’t the case. They sure work very hard. Evening time we had Elmer serving us at the Royal Bar pool area and he was also a fantastic person to deal with, always smiling and as well as the others extremely polite. We also went to Hemmingways and met Giovanni and he made us a mean drink with a big smile! The staff really makes this place that much more special, from the pool cleaner to the waiters they are all fantastic. I also left the safe open, items left out and experienced no theft.
The Royal restaurant to our surprise they are open for lunch, the MR side is open breakfast and dinner only. Angel, Roberto and Richard are fast, polite, and really good at there customer service as well as all the waiters at the Royal restaurant not mentioned here by name.
We met some great people and saw some really good entertainers at the Sports Bar area a couple nights in a row along with the Mexican market in the middle of the plaza area. The music was really good and it was a fun time. Luv the ice cream machines and a couple that we met also enjoyed this feature (almost hourly)!
The only down side I personally have is, this resort is a little smaller than other Palladiums. They also have a zoo area and although they seem to take care of the animals I am not a zoo fan at all and I tried to avoid that area at all costs to save myself distress. They are also expanding the cages and adding water irrigation to the animal area in the near future. If you are a Palladium Addicts fan on facebook you have already read my 2 cents.
If you are thinking of PV for a holiday, get away from city centre and think about the Punta Mita. I would take this resort over any of the high rise condo along the beach any day. I go on holidays to experience culture, and I couldn’t see myself in a high rise that reminds me of a condominium.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Palladium Vallarta Resort & Spa is located on a spectacular property that offers a 300 meter long private Pacific beach, from which guests can witness stunning sunsets. The construction of the hotel has maintained the natural flora and fauna of the area to provide an extraordinary setting for an unforgettable vacation. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Despegar.com, Booking.com, Expedia, BookIt.com and Hotels.com so you can book your Grand Palladium Vallarta Resort & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Palladium Vallarta Resort And Spa
- Palladium Vallarta Hotel Punta De Mita
- Palladium Vallarta Puerto
- Palladium Vallarta Resort & Spa
- Palladium Puerto Vallarta
- Viva Vallarta
- Hotel Palladium Vallarta
- Club Viva Vallarta