“We had a wonderful time!”

Grand Palladium Vallarta Resort & Spa
Ranked #6 of 11 Hotels in Punta de Mita
GreenLeadersGold level
Duncan, Canada
“We had a wonderful time!”
Reviewed April 21, 2013

My husband, and our two teenage boys spent 2 weeks here in January. It was a great holiday! We chose the resort for the surfing and the boys had a fabulous time on the waves. The rooms were clean and beautiful. The staff was great. No complaints from me, I would definitely go back.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank maxbcats
AnaMCastro, General Manager at Grand Palladium Vallarta Resort & Spa, responded to this review, April 27, 2013
Dera maxbcats
First of all, thank you so much for your visit and I am thrilled you and your family had such a great visit and we left you a memorable impression. Rest assured I have taken note of your comments regarding our staff and service.
We look forward to see you again and thank you for sharing your experience in Grand Palladium Vallarta.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (888)
Canada
Reviewed April 20, 2013

We visited the resort from April 12 thru the 19th. Our overall experience was nice. There were 2 big problems. One being my husband got food poisoning, it was NOT the flu, he ate. Lunch and 6 hours later he was vomiting and had diarrhea, it lasted about 6 hours and then he was fine. He had not been drinking so was not from alcohol. The 2nd issue is my 6 year old daughters shorts went missing from our room. We had put all our clothes on the shelf in the closet and when she went to get them in the morning they were gone. She had not worn them yet so she did not lose them. This actually infuriates me and is not acceptable. My husband ad I have both searched high and low and they are not to be found.
The food at the buffet was just ok, there was the same thing each and every day, not much different. We tried the ribs and more and were disappointed in the ribs but the chicken was good. We went to the beach BBQ and the BBQ ribs and chicken were great but the remainder of the items were the same as what was offered in the buffet.
The resort is very well kept and the staff were all helpful and friendly.
The beds are not very good. They have a horrible mattress protector that makes s terrible noise and the pillows are very lumpy.
We have been to all inclusive resorts before and I must say that as a family we would not return to this resort.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with friends
1 Thank TracyLF
Dear TracyLF
Thank you for taking the time to write here your comments about your stay in Grand Palladium Vallarta. It is important for us to know where we have failed or fallen short of your expectations.
I am so sorry to read your husband get sick during he stay here. I can assure you that the hotel follows take very seriously everything regarding food and drinks. Unfortunately there are many possibilities that can affect to our guests or even our employees. Let me clarify too, that our hotel has different certifications. One of them is called “Distintivo H”. That means all our restaurants and bars are certificated in the high standards levels of food and beverage preparation. We work hardly to obtain that certification who assures to our guests are completely safe and we always take action as soon as we saw any inapropiate action who can affect our guest or employees.
I regret to read your inconveniences during your stay with us.Trust me, I am the first person involved and interested in keeping happy all our guests.
Bournemouth
Reviewed April 20, 2013

Just got back from a week with a group of friends and family at the Palladium Vallarta and everyone had a fabulous time! There were a total of 35 of us and no one had any complaints. The rooms are very nicely decorated, and there was always chairs at the beach and either pool. We had great surf while we were there so lots of people in our group took advantage of the surf boards and boogie boards that are supplied by the resort. I only had a chance to try the Mexican restaurant, but it was great, and everyone in our group raved about the Asian restaurant as well, but people weren't as keen on the Mediterranian. The deluxe rooms are a little smaller than I expected. Not a bad size for 2 people, but for families of 3 or 4 I would recommend paying a bit extra for the junior suite.

Just to touch on some of the recent reviews of things taken from rooms, one of the couples in our group accidentally left their safe unlocked one day, and returned to their room with a note to call security to get it re-opened as they had locked it with the master pass-code and when they did get back into it, everything was as they left it. Another couple left a few things out of the safe one day (cell phone, tablet, etc.) and got back to their room as security was there collecting these things to take them to the lock-up at reception and they were told quite sternly to ensure that all electronics were left in the safe. Another in our group left his hat in the lobby one day and the next day talked to the concierge and was able to get it back without any hassle.

Also, the wedding was amazing. Karina and Elsa did a great job of making sure that everything ran smoothly.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
2 Thank katysaps
Dear Katysaps
First of all, I would like to thank you for taking the time to describe your last vacation in Grand Palladium Vallarta.
I appreciate your positive comments about the hotel and was very happy to read that you hold our hotel in high esteem. A wedding event is a very special day for the brides and grooms, and for us like hotel it is one of our priorities. We appreciate all your comments and we will send to Karina and Elsa in order she knows that her groups opinions.
Once again thank you for bringing your experience to our attention. We hope to have the honor of welcoming you back to Grand Palladium Vallarta, allowing us the opportunity of providing you a truly wonderful and memorable Palladium experience. .
Campbell River, Canada
Reviewed April 17, 2013

My husband, 15 yr old son and 10 yr old daughter spent a week at this resort from apr 6 - 13th and it was amazing. I've been to an Occidental Grand and a Real Resort and this has been the best so far. The staff was amazing, super friendly and helpful. The beach was beautiful, and it was pretty quiet at the resort the whole time, so no need to rush down and stake out a chair at the beach or the pool side. I felt safe the whole time I was there. The food was excellent, we tried every restaurant except the Mexican one. Swimming in the surf was a hi-lite for all of us. The adult pool was great and had a terrific view of the whole beach and the surfing area, so lots to see while you enjoyed a delicious beverage. We are planning on coming back again in 2014!

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
2 Thank Travelling_Lets
Alejandro C, Manager at Grand Palladium Vallarta Resort & Spa, responded to this review, April 21, 2013
Dear Travelling_Lets,
I would like to thank you for your nice comments about your last holidays with us in Grand Palladium Vallarta Resort & Spa.
I am glad that you and your family enjoyed your stay with us. For us is gratifying to know that our guest enjoyed their vacations and we are providing our best services for them.
Thank you again for your remarks and we hope to see you again in 2014.
Vancouver Island, Canada
Reviewed April 16, 2013

The flora and fauna is beautilful, beach is awesome, snorkeling at beach is great. Unfortunately the staff are experienced theives and are ruthless about what they take. Do not leave anything in your safe as all it takes is a swipe of a card and it is open, workers will go through your luggage and take any spare change. When dealing with the concierge about the issue, I was being lied to, they did nothing to resolve the problem. Until the last day when the money out of my safe went missing I was totally planning on coming back to this resort. The food is not great but that is to be expected from an all inclusive. DO NOT GO AND IF YOU DO, DO NOT LEAVE ANYTHING ALONE IN YOUR ROOM THAT YOU WANT TO RETURN HOME WITH!!!!

Stayed April 2013, traveled with friends
6 Thank J P
Manitoba, Canada
Reviewed April 15, 2013

Visited the Palladium again December 2012. It's amazing the type of people the Palladium attracts - it's like a family! Ran into people we've met through the years and had arranged with others for our holidays to overlap. Amazing experience once again - no complaints! Greeted by Eddie's the bellboys smiling face and a delicious drink from Vanessa. Vanessa and her sister Francia in the lobby bar are hilarious and attentive. Drinks always refilled before I realized it was empty! Giovanni in Hemmingways makes delicious before dinner drinks - I rarely made it back after dinner because the lobby is where the action is then, with bands playing and then entertainment. The shows are the same as last year (and possibly the year before), would be nice to have a little bit of a change now. The disco is what you make it! We went every night and had a blast whether it was packed or we were owning the dance floor lol.
Alberto and Martin provided amazing service at breakfast and lunch. I didn't eat at the buffet for dinner once while I was there, but lunch and breakfast had tons of delicious selection (as usual). The new ribs restaurant is great - went twice that week and had the ribs and fried fish twice. Don't miss the beach dinner on the beach - the best time to go is 6:30 so you can see the sunset (same for the Mexican restaurant - ask for a table outside at 6:30)
NOTE: For returning guests, when checking in, tell them you are returning and you will get a RED bracelet instead of purple. This allows you to make reservations at the a la cartes (I'm not sure if there are any other benefits to it, but my red bracelet definitely helped the newbies on the resort when we went for dinner together lol).
The spa has an awesome pool that not many people seem to know about. It's nice to have the place to yourself and lounge on the bed there. You just have to book the time and it's free for an hour. Also had the reflexology at the spa - it was nice, but only 30 minutes, would have been better value at 60 minutes.
Went whale watching on the Pegasus sailing boat and that was quite the experience - 1 female whale being pursued by 5 males!! Seemed like we got to see a lot more than the other people on whale watching tours that are in catamarans or speed boats, the whales seemed attracted to our boats, and you can jump from side to side of the boat to get closer looks whereas the people in the other boats didn't look like they could move around for a better view at all. It included snorkeling and breakfast and lunch.
Looking forward to going back and seeing familiar faces and making new friends again!

• Stayed December 2012, traveled solo
1 Thank xSpeedy_Gonzalesx
Dear xSpeedy_Gonzalesx
Thank you for your kind words about our Resort and services, we appreciated it very much. We continuously work to make every guest’s holiday a great experience, and it is very important for us to realize that our effort is successful. As you said we hope you have had a great time with us.
Let me tell you that your comment about Red bracelet can be confusing for other guests, because it is true that when you are a repetitive guest your bracelet will be red and includes a number of privileges but not the possibility of make reservations at à la carte restaurants. Only people who are in Royal Suites or Imperial Club (Air Transat) can make reservations. Maybe, in some occasion we can make an exception if you are a repetitive guest and you have trouble to getting into them.
I hope that if you decide to spend your next vacation with us and if there is anything that we can do, please let us know.
Best regards,
Calgary, Alberta, Canada
Reviewed April 15, 2013

We just got back yesterday. Overall, we had a good time. We came to relax and enjoy some Mexican culture with fiesta. The staff really try hard to make your experience the best. Hands off to the staff as they really make up the resort. I tipped lots as they deserved it. (from Gina & FLoyd)

Room Tip: Ty to get the lower floors, else lots of climbing stairs. We did not mind being on 13 because the e...