We traveled here with family and friends from Feb.20,2013 to Mar.2,2013 (There were 9 of us all together) Upon reading a lot of the negative reviews we thought maybe they were exaggerated as we found you have to take all reviews with a grain of salt. We have been to all-inclusives before so we do have places to compare this to.
The grounds are quite impressive with the zoo in the middle, but if you have bad knees there are a LOT of stairs everywhere to get around the resort. (part of the character of the resort - but can be taxing on the body)
The restaurant reservation system was awful. There has to be an easier way for people to get into the a la carte restaurants. If you didn't upgrade your room - you couldn't make reservations. If you got there right when they opened at 6pm you could get a table otherwise you could wait until 8:30 to get in :( The Mexican restaurant was our least favorite. The food was cold and the service was very poor. We really enjoyed the beach BBQ (Mario and his crew were great!) and the Japanese restaurant was very good. The sports bar food was REALLY good... made to order! Thanks to Ramon for cooking us some awesome bacon cheeseburgers!
The buffet food was pretty average, but lots of variety. The crepe station for the evening meals was exceptional. Edi & Alberto were great waiters!!! Raphael at the beach bar was really good too.
Sadly, there was no beach service or pool service and you couldn't take any food out of the restaurants (whether it be the snack bar by the pool or the sports bar by the lobby)
The water in the pools was very cold.
The coffee machines were often unavailable either because they were not working or there were no cups to be found! The ice cream machines are a great idea....if they could just keep them working!
The spa was quite nice and the fitness gym. We enjoyed booking the hot tub/sauna/steam room almost everyday. The couples massage was very good.
Overall the resort was average, but had the potential to be a 5 star if they'd improve on a few things. We didn't leave there thinking we were ripped off, but we also didn't leave there wanting to come back. We will not likely return to this resort, but we will return to the Puerto Vallarta area.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Palladium Vallarta Resort & Spa is located on a spectacular property that offers a 300 meter long private Pacific beach, from which guests can witness stunning sunsets. The construction of the hotel has maintained the natural flora and fauna of the area to provide an extraordinary setting for an unforgettable vacation. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Palladium Hotel Group, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Orbitz, Cancelon, Travelocity, Hotwire, HotelsforEveryone, Evoline ltd, HotelQuickly, TripOnline SA and getaroom.com so you can book your Grand Palladium Vallarta Resort & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Palladium Vallarta Hotel Punta De Mita
- Palladium Vallarta Resort And Spa
- Palladium Vallarta Puerto
- Palladium Vallarta Resort & Spa
- Palladium Puerto Vallarta
- Viva Vallarta
- Hotel Palladium Vallarta
- Club Viva Vallarta