“Nice Place to Stay!”

Grand Palladium Vallarta Resort & Spa
Ranked #7 of 11 Hotels in Punta de Mita
GreenLeadersGold level
Reviewed March 13, 2013

Overall, a very nice place to stay. This was my first time to Mexico and staying with an all-inclusive package. The staff were very professional and friendly. We were helped as soon as we got there, with no hesitation. The 'look' of the resort is very cool as most paths wind through a jungle, made for a cool nature feel.

The food there was about par for what I thought it was going to be. Some of the food was great, other not so much. Breakfast was the biggest disappointment, bacon was very salty and the scrambled eggs looked unappealing (tasted that way as well). The al-cart restaurants were always top notch. Service for food was always excellent, making sure your drinks were full and empty plates taken away.

The pools and beach were a great place to spend the day. I found them to be relatively quiet (except the daily bingo game at the main pool) Bars are easy accessible at all pools. Pools were kept clean and finding chairs was easy, (we had a group of 9 and never really had troubles finding enough chairs. We did surfing lessons and boogie boarding, both of which were fantastic! The lesson leaders made sure you were safe and helped you the best they could.

As mentioned early the staff was great and very professional. We made friends with a few bartenders, namely Francia Vanessa and her sister. These two were great to us, always greeting us with a smile and drinks! If you have the chance to meet them, please do, they work in the lobby bar!

I would recommend this place to anyone looking for a nice, relaxing vacation! (Traveled Feb 17-24, 2013)

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled with friends
1  Thank Derek M

Reviewed March 13, 2013

This is the first review I have written and as I read them all the time I felt it time I expressed my oppinion. First let me state that my wife and I appreciate the finer things in life but are not demanding and are easily pleased. I have a few negatives to report; there is no hot tub other than one in the spa which is out of the way and enclosed. We were looking forward to soaking in the tub while people watching, talking, and enjoying a drink. We read that the Beach BBQ was great but did not find that to be true. Our food was cold and the meat over cooked. I would agree with the other reviews that the food at all venues was often not very warm. There is a significant amount of walking required to get from pool to pool or to the different restaurants so be aware if you have mobility issues. We asked for a King and got two doubles. The beds are not queens but are doubles and were rather small. Our room was very quiet so we chose not to ask for a room change. That turned out to be a big mistake. The room we were in had an adjoining door between rooms. Do not under any circumstances accept a room with the door!! People moved in next door our last two nights and they might as well have been in the room with us. We could hear every word they said and had to endure listening to the guy next door argue with his wife before spending the majority of the night throwing up!!!! Now the good.... the room was very nice and the AC was reasonably quiet. The shower had plenty of hot water but was draining very slow so I called and within 15 minutes they were there to clean the drain; end of problem. Some reviews said the mattresses were very hard; I have a firm mattress at home and found these to be very comfortable. As stated in another review, this place kind of grows on you. The food was OK, not great, but very good. My wife does not like buffets but even she remarked that it was one of the best she has seen. If you can not find something to eat here you have a problem and better not travel. The grounds were very clean and well designed to enhance your experience. I cannot strees enough how pleased we were with all of their employees. Every employee we encountered was friendly and went out of their way to please us. I hesitate to mention any names as they all should be commended, but I need to mention that Oscar at the front desk went out of his way to help us and the little lady in the Sports Bar made us some fantastic Fahitas. The resort was not very busy while we were there and I think it might get quite loud as it fills up. This resort is a destination and is worth the drive from the airport. Whatever negatives there might be are far overshadowed by the exceptional staff. They all deserve a bonus!!!

Room Tip: We stayed in building two and were happy with it. Would suggest a room on the second or third floor...
1  Thank retiredbeachbums
Alejandro C, Manager at Grand Palladium Vallarta Resort & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded March 24, 2013

Dear D-DandP-D,
I would like to thank you for taking the time to write your remarks about your last vacation in Grand Palladium Vallarta. We take very seriously all comments and suggestions that we receive from our guest in order to improve our services day to day. We will check your negative comments about the cold food on the BBQ. Please, let me tell you that in our adults pool, called Relax, you would have found a nice hot tub where people can order a drink and see the ocean view from there.
As I told you before, all comments, bad and good, are very important to us for constantly improving the quality of our service.
Thank you again for your remarks and we hope to see you again in the future.
Best regards,

Reviewed March 11, 2013

This hotel was beautiful. Just arrived home last night, and wish I was still there. The kids pool was very busy, so we hung out at the Adults pool which was quiet and overlooks the ocean. The staff are very friendly and the rooms are great. Free surfing was a highlight, and the quiet beach. The food was average, and usually not that warm, however the Ribs N More A la Carte was INCREDIBLE!! The room we stayed in had a connector door to another, and in the middle of the night when they came home and thought it was the bathroom door and tried to shake it open, we were woken up with a startle. We complained about the water pressure... or the lack there of. I tried to shower the second day around 9am, and it was literally dripping water, which eventually turned off. It never happened again, but was frustrating at the time. My boyfriend and I were very pleased with everything. The one thing missing was a swim up bar, and better/hot food.

Incredible experience and would highly recommend this resort. The transportation to get elsewhere from the resort was easy to use as well. There were tonnes of families with young children as well.

Great stay!

Reviewed March 11, 2013

Upon arrival we were displeased with the buffet food- awful & frequently cold. The hotel seemed quite- we were told it was at 40% capacity. As the week progressed it got steadily busier, and the quality of the food improved- maybe they were trying to save a few bucks?

Our first impression of the resort was lukewarm, but I must say that as the week progressed we liked it here more & more. It's such a lush beautiful setting, the ocean views are gorgeous, the beach was quiet, we never had a problem finding a lounger at the beach or the pools. What's not to like with that?

Having stayed at other all-inclusives, I'd have to say the weak spot with this hotel is the food. The buffets were just not that great, the a la cartes were better but still not as good as other Mexican all-inclusives we've visited. Also, a broken lock on our patio door was reported but never repaired. We were not impressed by that. Another annoyance was the loud music and announcer on the PA at the main pool. The speakers REALLY need to be turned down- that's not relaxing AT ALL.

Would we stay here again? I think we would. The poor food was more than offset by the beautiful property and laid back style.

Room Tip: Stay in the south building by the adult-only pool, it is MUCH quieter over there.
  • Stayed: March 2013, traveled with family

Dear HumanUmbrella,
I would like to thank you for your comments and for giving us your feedback of your stay at our Resort. I was very pleased to read all the positive comments you had for us.
We will check your remarks about the food in order to improve our quality as you mentioned. Comments like yours help us a lot.

Thank you again for your remarks and we hope to see you again in the future. Please do not hesitate to contact us for any further information.
Kind regards,

Reviewed March 11, 2013

We stayed at the Grand ¨Palladium from Jan 28-Feb 11. I dont write reviews because everyone is entitled to their opinion. However some of the things I have read since makes me shake my head. If you find that the beaches and pool areas are not kept clean dont blame the staff. Blame the people who were too lazy to pick after themselves. The people who work there are not there to wait on us hand and foot. Get off your lounger and walk to the bar to get your own drink. I am sure many of these people would love to be able to get away like we can. Yes there are birds in the buffets. When we eat outside at home guess what-there are birds outside. We never had bad smelling lawns or anything. We had no problems with the food at all. We loved the ribs and bbq restaurant. The meat was fall off the bone delicious. Some people felt they werent being pampered enough. I did not have to cook, clean or do dishes for 2 weeks-that is heaven to me. Lobby bar staff were always smiling and bringing drinks without asking. I will stop now with this last comment-some people should just stay home in their bubbles. If you want to have a good time you will and if you dont...........

Room Tip: we paid extra for oceanview overlooking the adult pool. It was perfect and worth it.
  • Stayed: January 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank sungirl2013
Reviewed March 11, 2013

Our first time in Puerto Vallarta as we travel to Mazatlan for the past twenty-five years,this resort was a pleasent suprise.The hotel staff made you feel welcome with smiles and hello's everytime you met them.The service was excellent,from the resturants to the beach with an exceptional service provided by Vanessa and Franscia in the evening bar.The music provided during the evening was always changing from day to day which was always entertaining.The rooms are spacious with a good size bathroom,the beds and pillows we found were hard which made sleeping difficult,this is the only flaw we found but otherwise everything else was great.The food was always good from breakfast to dinner from the ala-carts to the buffet.

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Martyn R

Dear Martyn R,
Thanks a lot for your comments and for giving us your feedback of your stay at our Resort. I was very pleased to read all the positive comments you had for us and also I will pass your nice remarks to the people you mentioned in your review (Vanessa, Francia…).

Thank you again for your remarks and we hope to see you again in the future. Please do not hesitate to contact me for any further information.
Best regards,

Reviewed March 10, 2013

In reading others' reviews of this resort, I am not surprised that some of the best reviews are written by young people and students who come here in groups. The open bars and adjacent pools are party magnets. Loud laughter, shouting, and the loud speaker's music reverberate all around and into the ocean-facing rooms of even the so-called "quiet" Building 1. We heard complaints from other guests about the low-quality wine, but were told by staff that they are working to improve this. Older guests should realize that there are many stairs to negotiate due to the resort's location on hilly terrain. In addition there are no elevators. We saw many families with young children in the main pool area, and no doubt this resort with its many kid-centered activities provides a fine family vacation. A highlight for us, as seniors, was the off-resort Puerto Vallarta City Tour offered by Tb Tours: Ask for Patty, an outstanding guide with a a sense of humor reminiscent of Joan Rivers and Lily Tomlin. Off-resort excursions are available at an extra cost. Gourmets should not look to this resort to fulfill their culinary dreams; the food is only average. In our opinion, the best dining is at the Mexican Restaurant because of its outdoor seating overlooking the beach and sunset.

Room Tip: You can request a non-smoking room in Building #1, located next to the adult pool and with an ocean...
1  Thank seni0rtripper
Also consider these accommodations in or near Punta de Mita
Sunscape Puerto Vallarta Resort & Spa
Sunscape Puerto Vallarta Resort ...
#38 of 123 in Puerto Vallarta
Grand Sirenis Matlali Hills Resort & Spa
Grand Sirenis Matlali Hills Reso...
#1 of 2 in La Cruz de Huanacaxtle
#20 of 28 in Nuevo Vallarta
Marival Resort & Suites
Marival Resort & Suites
#14 of 28 in Nuevo Vallarta

Been to Grand Palladium Vallarta Resort & Spa? Share your experiences!