Grand Palladium Vallarta Resort & Spa
Like saving money? We search up to 200 sites for the lowest prices
View Hotel
W Punta de Mita(Punta de Mita)
View Hotel
Iberostar Playa Mita(Punta de Mita)
  • Breakfast included
View Hotel
Casa De Mita(Punta de Mita)
View Hotel
Hotel Meson de Mita(Punta de Mita)
View Hotel
Imanta Resort(Punta de Mita)
5,062 results
All reviewsgrand palladiumsports baradult poolribsa la carte restaurantsmain poolthe mexican restaurantmini zoohemingway barsalt water poolmobility issuesboogie boardingmain buffetkids clubcity tourbbq on the beachstayed in building
FilterAll languages
Reviewed November 28, 2012

Arrived at what was supposed to be a 5 star hotel (Grand Palladium Vallarta). It was a horror show.. the lobby has not been cleaned for months.. the furniture was dirty and stained.. the floor had not seen a broom or sudsy water forever. ants, and all sorts of creatures crawling on the walls and floors. after you walk down two steps from the lobby .. the ground is made up of huge cobble stones.. with all the rain that they get there at night.. they are very slippery.. my husband slipped and twisted his foot.. The whole resort is so spread out .. the walk up hill to our building .. through winding paths. was very far .. especially when you your foot is now swelling. get to the room and it has two double beds. we paid more to have the Deluxe Ocean View room.. the only way you could see the ocean was to lean over the balcony and twist your neck.. the balcony was so small.. only one small chair and table could fit on it. if you closed the balcony door while you are on the balcony.. you could not get back in.. had to get my husband to open it to let me in. As soon as we arrived and got my husband to the room to ice his foot.. I went straight back to the lobby to get hold of my Sun Wing Representative to get us out of there as soon as possible.. the hotel did not speak much English. they were not very helpful when I asked them for a phone number to contact my representative. I finally found out where the representative sits and brought them the book and asked them to phone for me.. it was like pulling teeth. I phoned the emergency number and spoke to someone that promised me that Alberto would be contacted and that at 9:00 am tomorrow he would have some alternative hotels for me to go too.

I asked the hotel person where the dinner buffet was and we were told they don't have one. that they have two a la carts restaurants.. I asked how does that work since we only arrived and did not sign up in the morning.. he said .. we need to just stand outside the restaurant and wait for a table.. of course all the restaurants are down my the lobby which means my husband on his bad foot is supposed to walk the long way there and back to stand and wait for a table. I did not even see an elevator in our building.

We spent the night in the room.. I wanted to take a bath .. but I could not as the stopper for the water would not stay down.. I have pictures of the room .. light fixtures dangling from the wall.. smoke alarms not attached fully to the ceiling.. the soap dish hanging sideways on the wall and pictures of the balcony that only holds one person.

The next day my husband and I went for breakfast.. we had to ask if someone services coffee and if there was someone that makes omelets. The people that work there are not very pleasant.. when the chef did make my omelet.. she did not even smile or say good morning..

We waited for our Sunwing Rep to arrive Alberto (322-278-8243). When he arrived at 9:00 am.. he knew nothing of what was going on.. the message had not been passed on by the person at the emergency number.. so we had to wait. In the meantime we are hearing other horrifying stories from other guests.. that a huge fight had broken out the night before and 4 security guards were beaten up.. they were being kicked on the ground .. in their ribs and back.

Alberto said to move it would cost us $108.00 Canadian. which we paid. Finally at 12:30 we were told we could check out and take a cab which cost us $26.00 to get to the Rui Vallerta. Which is a 5 star hotel. Alberto said once we arrive to contact our Sunwing Representative.. he would be waiting for us.. when we get there he is at lunch and the note says he will not be back until 2:00. I could have cried on the spot.. my husband is in pain from walking. I go to the desk and their I find Salvator..he was amazing.. I explained what was happening.. he gave us wrist bands so at least we could go have a drink or eat until our Sunwing representative comes back. Finally when the Representative comes back.. we get everything settled.. and we are finally on vacation in a 5 star hotel..

Unfortunately.. the rest of my husband's holiday was spent in a wheel chair.. which I had to wheel him around for the entire time.. we never got to the beach or got to do any excursions. it was very, very disappointing.

Stayed: September 2012, traveled as a couple
7  Thank Cindy F
AnaMCastro, General Manager at Grand Palladium Vallarta Resort & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded December 7, 2012

Dear Cindy F
I am really sorry that your stay with us did not meet your expectations. We always try to do our best to satisfy all our guests but sometimes we fail in our efforts. I am not sure about your report regarding the cleanliness of our areas or bugs. I can assure you and all our guests who read this page that we have a daily cleaning staff who works very hard in order to keep all our areas perfectly clean. We also have an extermination department that follows a very strict program in all our rooms and areas. Nevertheless, the hotel has a lot of vegetation and it is a very big area so if we have some bugs in the areas, it’s unfortunately part of our natural environment. In regard to your other reports, I can only express I am really sorry if you or your husband did not have the opportunity to see our factsheet that we provide to our tour operators and in our web page before arriving here so that you could have known in advance our services and situation.

Reviewed November 28, 2012

When we first arrived (over an hour from the airport), it was dark and dingy. Surrounded by drunk Mexicans, the overwhelming smell of animal poop from the Zoo and cigar smoke filled the air. Once we were checked in, we got to our room only to find 2 double beds (after specifically requesting a King bed), holes in the wall and ceiling. The A/C did not work, it was a terrible night. The next day we upgraded to the Royal Suites, which was nicer. The beds were clean, no holes, but the toilet did not flush at all. Our second day there, I was taking a photo of a couple and brushed my leg against a covered light - this resulted in a severe second degree burn. The hotel did not nothing to help, accomodate or resolve the situation. I brought it to their attention in fears that a little child playing may brush against it and be burned - the hotel did not care. The burn resulted in no pool or ocean time for me, and left my holiday lacking. The hotel was rude and not helpful. DO NOT GO HERE!

7  Thank Sweetheartt15

Dear Sweetheartt15
I am sorry your stay with us was a disappointed one. Trust me that I am really surprised to read about your injury with the lighting. It is the first time that something like has happened and completely unusually. Second degree is a very important injury to be caused by lighting and I will take action immediately to know where it happened and why nobody in the hotel took care of your situation.

Reviewed November 27, 2012

My husband and myself just got back from the Grand Palladium and we had a wonderful time. We stayed at the Royal Suites and the rooms were fantastic. We didn't have an ocean view, but the suites themselves are just for adults. The room was very clean and had a fully stocked fridge, which was refurbished everyday, and a fully stocked bar in the room. This area has its own pool and a wonderful gourmet restaurant. It also has room service and a bar with food service. We ate at other restaurants on the resort and I really loved the Bambu, which is Japanese food. I found all of the restaurants good, and the staff were very attentive. We also tried all of the pools and checked out everything in the resort, but kept going back to the adult side because it was of course, quieter. The beach was lovely and it was not crowded at all. Over all the food was great, the experience relaxing, and the view was paradise! We went with friends and family for a wedding. This was our third all-inclusive vacation and by far the best.

Room Tip: If you want quiet, then it's best to pick the Royal Suites which are for adults only. The Ocean View rooms(which allows children) are also beautiful with wonderful views and you can hear the waves at night. The corner suites are large and some have their own hot tub on the balcony.
  • Stayed: November 2012, traveled with friends
2  Thank Char1hc

Dear Charl1hc
I am glad to know that you are enjoyed your stay in The Royal Suites Punta de Mita. We are continuously working in order to keep our guest expectations high and the comments that we receive from our guests help us to know if we are on the right path.
I you or your family decides to spend your next holidays with us and if there is anything that we can do with your reservation or anything else, let me know or send me an email.
Best Regards

Reviewed November 26, 2012

The brochure said 4 and half star.Defintely NOT. Guests about 50% Mexican - lots of drunks
and very little security. Food is good but the al a carte restaraunts were poorly organized with inadequate staff- no reservations necessary except if you showed up for dinner everything was booked ( how come?)- usually with tables of 10 and lots of screaming kids. Dress code - whatever! Apparently we were the only ones who followed it. We spent one hell of a lot of money to go here and I will never go back. We enjoyed ourselves in spite of the loud music everywhere, the rowdy "get a cheap deal" weekenders and the numberous little things that were never fixed in our room, after all we went for sun and we got it. The Mexican wait staff in the main buffet and the bar staff at the pool were really nice - it is just too bad the people who run this hotel don't give them more credit. They have good ideas but do not execute them well. The resort is also on the side of a cliff - no one in a wheelchair, or with a disability should even consider it - there are tons of stairs and lots of up an down for everything.

2  Thank 24travelgirl
Reviewed November 26, 2012

This was our third visit to the area. This hotel is definitely no longer a desination for couples. Noisy and over run with hundreds of kids. I give the Buffet an awesome rating and the Mexican restaurant was excellent. The other restaurants fair to good. The BBQ on the sand was fun. All the bar staff were great. The Rooms are falling apart but at least the cleaning staff (Elba especially) were meticulous. Martin from Sunwing is a treasure of info. He should be giving lessons to the pathetic staff at the front desk. Everyone at the front desk should be fired. as they stood yacking to eachother and then did nothong to fix problems. They need more mature individuals answering questions who are familiar with issues. The bands were fine but the show boring after the first night. The infinity pool and beach are quite nice and relaxing. The ambiance would be good if there were not a hundred kids screaming and running everywhere. There is nothing wrong with lots of kids (I used to be one) but just not what we are looking for in a vacation.

Room Tip: Don't bother. Booking is a mess and we were ignored.
2  Thank James K

Mr James K
First of all I would like to apologize for any misunderstanding that you could have in your room reservation and if our reception staff do not resolved adequately your request. I can not give you an appropiate answer because I do not have all the information regards your situation but I would like to assure you we will take very seriously all our guests comments in order to improve our services day to day.
Again, I really sorry if you didn’t find the services that you expected and for the experience that you had with our front desk staff