We have just come back from the Grand Palladium Vallarta Resort and Spa and all I can give is a very positive review. It was my second time in Mexico (my first time was in Riviera Maya) and I was reminded of how friendly and welcoming Mexicans are. Our main purpose for this trip was to attend a wedding on site and our whole group had a blast.
The staff at the resort was amazing. Props to Juan at the front desk who made every possible effort to make sure we were all comfortable and to Giovanni at the Hemingway bar who is overall one of the best barman over there.
The resort is very clean, beautiful and there's really everything for everyone. If you don't feel like hanging at the main pool (where most of the kids go), you can swim and sunbathe at the adult pool overlooking the ocean. The beach is also very nice though you have to be careful since there's a lot of rocks at the bottom. It's also an amazing place for surfers! Though we didn't surf, other people from our group did almost everyday and were telling us how great the surf breaks were.
As for food, we got some very fresh food everyday. Of course, there's a nice selection of mexican classics (tacos, nachos, salsa, guacamole) but also fresh salads, pasta and desserts.
It's worth getting a taxi to visit the old town of Puerto Vallarta which is about 35-40 minutes away from the Grand Palladium. The one-way trip should not cost more than 350 pesos (about $35). Dealing with the taxi drivers is key here!
Overall, our week at the Grand Palladium Vallarta Resort and Spa was perfect. I would highly recommend this resort. Just like everyone, I had read some of the good and bad reviews but my suggestion to you is to make up your own mind about it and be positive about your trip! Enjoy!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Palladium Vallarta Resort & Spa is located on a spectacular property that offers a 300 meter long private Pacific beach, from which guests can witness stunning sunsets. The construction of the hotel has maintained the natural flora and fauna of the area to provide an extraordinary setting for an unforgettable vacation. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Palladium Hotel Group, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Orbitz, Cancelon, Travelocity, Hotwire, HotelsforEveryone, Evoline ltd, HotelQuickly, getaroom.com and TripOnline SA so you can book your Grand Palladium Vallarta Resort & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Palladium Vallarta Resort And Spa
- Palladium Vallarta Hotel Punta De Mita
- Palladium Vallarta Puerto
- Palladium Vallarta Resort & Spa
- Palladium Puerto Vallarta
- Viva Vallarta
- Hotel Palladium Vallarta
- Club Viva Vallarta