This was our second trip to the Palladium, and this time we took our whole families (both my husband's and my own). There were 17 of us there in July, and it was fantastic. When we first got there they were overbooked for the regular rooms, and they upgraded 7 of us to the Royal Suites for free. This was nice, however we did not make very much use of the upgrade because the rest of our group could not come over to the Royal Suites, so we spent the majority of our time in the main common areas anyways.
The food was great, our favourites were the pasta bar in the main buffet and Bamboo Restaurant was a hit, I think we went there 4 or 5 times. I have a severe avocado allergy and my friend is severely allergic to shrimp, and one of the members of our group is vegan. The staff gave us allergy and special diet cards and took extreme care to keep us all healthy and happy.
Some especially great service we received was from Giovanni at Hemingway's, and from Fernando at the beach. Giovanni spent many nights entertaining us and making special shots and getting us to try new things. He always knew the kinds of drinks each of us liked and had one ready for us within a few seconds of us walking in. This kind of service really made our evenings enjoyable and memorable. It was also really great to have somewhere air conditioned since we are from Canada and were there in July, the heat was great but the air conditioning was much appreciated at the end of the day.
Fernando showed special care at the beach when some of our group members wanted to go surfing (first time for all of them). He gave the lessons and then stayed out with them. I am especially thankful for this because my sister in law fell and took in a lot of water. She hit her head on the bottom and was getting tumbled by the waves. He got her and brought her right back to shore. He then checked on her every couple hours. We really appreciated this care and attention after she was involved in a bit of a scare. The others who went surfing had a lot of fun and even managed to catch a couple waves.
One of the guys in our group cut his foot badly on some glass (even though there are strict rules about glass on the beach I guess someone managed to get some down there and it ended up in the water). The medical staff got him stitched up and on antibiotics right there at the resort within a matter of minutes. When he got back home he went to the doctor who told him that everything the doctor at the resort had done was perfect and he didn't have anything to worry about. Since this accident was only about halfway through the trip, our friend did have to stay out of the water. Fernando convinced him to go out on a catamaran with my husband (promising that they wouldn't get his stitches wet) and they had a blast.
We are so thankful for the friendly service we received during our time here, and we would love to come back for a third time.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Palladium Vallarta Resort & Spa is located on a spectacular property that offers a 300 meter long private Pacific beach, from which guests can witness stunning sunsets. The construction of the hotel has maintained the natural flora and fauna of the area to provide an extraordinary setting for an unforgettable vacation. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, BookIt.com, Hotwire, Orbitz, Travelocity, Hotels.com, Cancelon, TripOnline SA, Evoline ltd, HotelQuickly and getaroom.com so you can book your Grand Palladium Vallarta Resort & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Palladium Vallarta Resort And Spa
- Palladium Vallarta Hotel Punta De Mita
- Palladium Vallarta Puerto
- Palladium Vallarta Resort & Spa
- Palladium Puerto Vallarta
- Viva Vallarta
- Hotel Palladium Vallarta
- Club Viva Vallarta