“Grand Palladium Vallarta Resort”

Grand Palladium Vallarta Resort & Spa
Ranked #6 of 11 Hotels in Punta de Mita
GreenLeadersGold level
Mesa, Arizona
“Grand Palladium Vallarta Resort”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 13, 2012

First off let me start with 4 star not 5 because of the fact no elevators, nor is there a way to guarantee a king bed in advance. Although there was no way to guarantee a King bed Oscar at the front desk made sure we would return to the resort with his attentive and kind service. The first night we settled in a double bed room and after that first night, Oscar took care of our bed situation with service of a 5 star hotel. This man is an Asset to your hotel.
If you have a hard time managing steps, then I would not recommend this place. This place can be called the Stairway to Heaven or the Hotel of a Thousand Steps. LOL If you can handle the steps, you will love the place.
The staff, rooms, as well as the food are all above average. Even for the buffet. I am sure you and your family will enjoy themselves at this resort. They have entertainment for all ages and there is no real reason to leave the resort. If you want trinkets, they are there. If you want a dinner show, there is one 6 nights a week. If you want to dance the Disco will be there open every night. Need some down time from the kids, they have a team of experts to entertain them, till Midnight. Like to use the spa and not order a service every time? No problem, make a reservation for the spa amenities and go unwind. We had the "I love you" special at the spa the second day in and I recommend you do too. The massage, body scrub and facial, unwinds one so well, that it was like adding 2 days to the stay. Great Masseuses and services!
Want to learn to surf, sail, kayak, or just boogie board? Pepe and Fernando will accommodate you, like family.
Rather just have a few by the pool? No problem 3 pools which one is adult only. On that note, the only downer was some of the guests. The one's who do not know, or have the class to say " No they were here first" Other then that...Perfecto!
The Bar tenders are so swamped I do not think they can keep track of who was there first and just take the next person in front of them. My compliments to Phillipe, Marcello and Matias the three best tenders in the resort. Not saying the others were sub-par, rather these three do know how to mix ingredients. Bravo! They also know they are only as good as the staff underneath them, such as Vanessa and Virginia be it at the main bar or Buffet. Honestly, there are more who made our trip wonderful but I cannot remember all their names. For that I am sorry. Trust me when I say that Grateful people are happy people and every employee at the hotel is either grateful and or happy to be there. Cheers!
The Zoo and Botanical garden are incorporated into the middle of property. The groundskeepers make that Hotel beautiful. Anywhere you stop and look, you will see manicured foliage and gorgeous views. One sad note* The cages are too small at least for the Monkeys.Think about it. You put a couple of monkeys in a cage in the middle of a lush tropical setting and they cannot even climb a tree to feel like they are amongst the nature. Instead a small cage the size of a living room...The same for the Alligator. 12 foot alligator in a 20 foot cage. C'mon Man!

*One important note.... "The Suites" are two buildings inside the property. Not to be confused with a JR. Suite upgrade in the rest of the resort 'the other 3 buildings.' Total of 5 buildings if counting "The Suites".
The Suites have separate amenities and can access the rest of the resort as well. The Suites have their own pool (heated in the winter months only) That would be a 4th pool if counting all pools, although that 4th pool is only accessible to "The Suites" guests as well as it's uncrowded beach access. However we were there at one of the busiest weeks of the stay with over 1000 guests and still found a chaise lounge and were served in a timely manner. We were not staying at "The Suites" and enjoyed our stay.
Thank you to the entire staff at the Hotel. We will be back.

Room Tip: Upgrade to a Jr Suite if available. Although we doubt you will spend much time in the room. The hote...
  • Stayed April 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Dependable_Honest
dtoradjuntoayb, Manager at Grand Palladium Vallarta Resort & Spa, responded to this review, April 20, 2012
Dear Dependable_Honest,

Thanks a lot for your great comments about your holidays in Grand Palladium Vallarta and particularly about the ones to our staff. Comments like yours motivate us constantly to do our best to maintain the quality of the service we provide and to improve every day; the staff is our best asset and we are really happy to realize that you enjoyed your stay as this is the aim of our team, to offer memorable vacations to our visitors.

Thank you again and please, do not hesitate to contact us for your next visit, so we can do our best to provide you with the best of attentions.

Best regards,

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (881)
Edmonton
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 12, 2012

Before beginning, I'd like to make it known that I am a 20 yr old girl travelling for the first time to Mexico with my boyfriend of 23 and this is our honest review.

Upon arriving at the Palladium, we were blown away. We walked into a beautiful lobby area and were immediately helped by multiple staff members. Welcome drinks were handed to us within minutes. There was no line at the check-in counter, and although our room was not ready till 3:00 PM, we were invited into the buffet area for drinks and snacks and we did not mind waiting at all.

ROOM- I was very impressed when we were shown to our room. Everything was marble and seemed very clean and well kept. You could tell they had renovated it recently and it was very pretty. The bathroom was beautiful, and I really love the eco-friendliness aspects they incorporate everywhere. I found the beds very comfortable, and the air conditioning was automatic and the rooms always felt like the perfect temperature.

FOOD- The A la Carte's were wonderful! Mexican was definitely the best, and the restaurant is located beautifully on the edge of a cliff. We ate at sunset and it was perfect. There was plenty of authentic mexican meals and we both loved what we got. My boyfriend loved his lobster and wanted more! The servers were great, cheerful and very helpful...as I found every staff member at the Palladium was. The buffets are just typical buffets and I can't complain. Buffets will be buffets. Tons of options though, and tons of fresh fruit brought out throughout the day.

DRINKS- Drinks were one of the best parts!! I loved that they had a "specialty drink" menu with al different kinds of mixed drinks that catered to everyone. Beer was great and yummy tequila! Bar tenders were happy and gracious people. We never found a line longer than 2 minutes long.

STAFF- I love Palladium staff! Everyone was kind and always willing to go out of their way to help you out. There was enough staff there who spoke good english so we were always able to get the answer we were looking for. I love that they employ younger staff, the "People of Palladium or POP". It was nice to see that they catered to kids and tried to keep everyone entertained. When I have a family of my own, I will definately bring them here!

Addressing the stair and ramp issues, it didn't bother me at all. That being said, I am a young and physically able person and cannot speak for people with any sort of disability. I could see how it would be frustrating trying to get around the resort.

BEACH and POOLS- I fell in love with the beach right away. I wasn't expecting such clear water and soft sand. There was hardly any rock at all, soft sand for miles. Where rock might be present, they had signs indicating exactly where. The beach was kept clean and there were always tons of chairs to grab in the sun and in the shade. Body surfing was a huge highlight for us and we tried to do it everyday! Next time we'd like to surf. They always had beach volleyball going and there were tons of people playing, and I loved watching. All the pools were great, especially the adult only infinity pool. We spent most at the beach.... we didn't travel that far to sit around a pool all day.

One of the last things I'd like to say about this resort is about the beach/ earth hour party they threw on the first night we arrived. They threw an awesome party dedicated to Earth hour, they actually turned off all lights and lit the resort and beach up with candles, tiki's and lit up candles in paper bags. It was one of the most beautiful things I have ever seen. They had performers and dancers on the beach for hours, and after the count down was done, we partied to a live DJ till 3:00 in the morning. We had a BLAST!!!! There was such an energy, everyone(including staff) was dancing and having a great time with everyone. It was something I'll never forget.

Yes I know this was long, but I really appreciated what Palladium had to offer and the experience was unforgettable. I hope I touched on all points people want to hear about! I will definately be returning at some point and can't wait.

Thank you so much Grand Palladium for making my first Mexican experience an amazing one. I can't wait to come back already!!! We miss the beach and the drinks and the sun!

**I'd quickly like to mention Angel, the server we had almost everyday at the buffet in the evenings. He was very personable, gracious and full of humour. We loved talking with him everyday and we was always extremely tentative and helpful.**

On that note, that is finally the end of my review! I know later I'll remember more things I wanted to say... but for now this should do!!

Gracias a thousand times!!!!!!!

Room Tip: Our room number was 2323 and it was perfect. Just far enough away that we didn't hear a peep at...
  • Stayed March 2012, traveled as a couple
2 Thank Julia J
AnaMCastro, General Manager at Grand Palladium Vallarta Resort & Spa, responded to this review, April 20, 2012
Dear Julia J.
First of all I would like to say that I really appreciate all your great comments about our resort and staff. I will take note and I will send them to our staff. For us it is a gratifying that you enjoyed your vacation with us in your first visit to Mexico. This is a very extensive report and I really appreciate the time that you took to write your comments about your stay.
I hope that you and your partner decide to spend your next holidays with us and if there is anything that we can do, please let me know or send me an email.
Best regards
Bowsman
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 12, 2012

What a good time we had at this great resort. it started right at check in with Vanesa bringing us a drink while we waited ( just a few minutes) to check in. The buffets and snacks were great. A real nice touch was not having to reserve for the a-la-cartes. The rib nights by the beach were OMG. The rooms and grounds were clean, clean, clean. The bars and pools were great. There are many well lit paths. The zoo was a nice touch. The spa was awesome. The infinity pool was great, the salt water pool in the ocean was great. (never saw one of those before)The staff was fabulus. Just to mention a few.....Vanesa and Francia in the Lobby Bar, Martin, Alexandia, Rolia and Romano in entertainment, Angel and Alex in the buffet, Alfredo in the Italian restaurant and Angelita in the spa was absolutely the best ever. There were many many more. I would recommend the Canopy Tours for zip line in the jungle. Those guys are good entertainers and so efficient zipping...they keep it fun and exciting.
Sunquest Vacations were so good to us. Thanks Luis (the sunquest rep). for the great job. I liked the full time hours at the resort. You never had to think of what days or what hours the rep was to be there because he was always there during the day.

Just a GOOD GOOD holiday.
Thumbs up to the Paldium

PS. Just a note to travellers arriving at Peurto Vallarta....be careful at the airport....the very first people you encounter are time share people. They sound very convincing that they are the ones you are looking for to look after you. They were mostly dressed in white so walk past them and look for whatever color uniform your tour operator wears, You travel agent should have told you what color they wear.
Some people on our plane missed the bus to the resort because of these people and had to get a taxi to the resort......WALK PAST THEM

Room Tip: If you want ocean view try 1100 or 1200 lower even numbers
  • Stayed April 2012, traveled with friends
2 Thank Barry53Bowsman
Dear Barry53Bowsman,
I would like to thank you for your positive comments about the Grand Palladium Resort. I really appreciate that you and your partner enjoyed your vacations. I will take note about your comments and I will send them to our staff. We are continuously working in order to keep our guest expectations high and the comments that we receive from our guests help us to know if we are on the right path.
I hope that you decide to spend your next vacation with us and if there is anything that we can do, please let me know or send me an email
London
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 11, 2012

This was our sixth time to Puerto Vallarta and our first time to the Grand Palladium. This buy far was one of my favorite hotels. Plenty to eat and drink, no reservations for the alacartes, rooms were new and clean...as was the entire resort. Yes there were lots of stairs and ramps but they were well lit, covered, not that we needed that as we had no rain, and by walking around the grounds you could enjoy the jungle atmosphere and visit the zoo. Each night was a different musical group, followed by a broadway style performance as well as a few nights when vendors were onsite. plenty to do at the resort if you wanted to keep busy as well as a quiet adult pool that had a plentiful supply of comfortable lawn chairs and an amazing view of the ocean from the infinity pool. The beach was very nice, lots of buggy boards and surfers enjoyed the waves. Puerto Vallarta is a 42.00 cab ride each way or take a bus, actually 2 buses but it's worth it as it only costs about 26 pesos..for those who have been there before but maybe not for a couple of years the trip into town is worth it just to see the new Malecon....it's beautiful! One more thing about this hotel...if you are a ceasar fan...then you must have Cynthia at the main bar make you one or if you are so inclined you will find a bottle of vodka, Tabasco and clamato juice next to the orange juice at the buffet during breakfast!

Room Tip: Get a ocean view, make sure you understand some parts of the buildings have rooms on the ground floo...
  • Stayed April 2012, traveled as a couple
10 Thank Sdevost
AnaMCastro, General Manager at Grand Palladium Vallarta Resort & Spa, responded to this review, April 14, 2012
Dear Sdevost,
First of all, I would like to thank you for taking the time to describe your last vacation in Grand Palladium Vallarta. It was a very extensive report and that helps us to understand what our guests need or want from their vacation.
I will take note about your suggestions in order to improve our day to day services and if there is anything that we can do for you in the future, please let me know.
Best Regards,
Toronto, Canada
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 11, 2012

I consider myself well travelled, especially when it comes to all inclusive resorts and this hotel (for the price) was top notch. I wasn't sure what to expect after reading some reviews but this is what I thought:

Hotel layout: Very well laid out. Only a couple minutes walk from point A-B from anywhere on the resort. I loved that you didn't have to plan out your every move because if you forgot something in your room it was only a couple minutes away.. (sounds lazy but on larger resorts it's a problem).

Food: Food was good. There was always something tasty to eat somewhere. The Mexican restaurant was my favourite. They made awesome coffee drinks with flames and all.

Beach and pools: Amazing beach! The vista was gorgeous day and night. The waves were bigger than I am used to but perfect for those wanting to surf or boogie board (free lessons provided). The pools were nice. The adult only infinity pool was really neat but I spent most of my days near the beach. It was easy getting chairs by the beach it was just harder finding shade but that's to be expected.

Room: Had a brand new room that was gorgeous. The bed was a little hard but no biggie. There was a pillow menu available which is great for people like me who hate big pillows.

Entertainment: The entertainment staff worked really hard and did a great job. The shows were a little cheesy but that's too be expected, right? Still fun to watch. After the shows they had live bands and singers with dancing which was unexpected and awesome! Most resorts are ghost towns after 9pm or so, this resort was pumping! Lots of really friendly people staying here as well!

Staff: The staff was perfect. They always smiled, worked super hard and were there to help if you needed them.

All in all, a great resort and fantastic vacation for both families and couples. I think singles would do all right here too. I would definitely recommend this hotel to friends and plan on returning in a couple years.

Room Tip: try to get a room near the adult pool. That's where we were and it was a perfect location close...
  • Stayed March 2012, traveled with family
8 Thank Misfit21
Dear Misfit21,
I am glad to know that you are enjoyed your stay in Grand Palladium Vallarta. We are continuously working in order to keep our guest expectations high and the comments that we receive from our guests help us to know if we are on the right path.
I read that you probably decide to spend your next holidays with us. Please, if there is anything that we can do with your reservation or anything else, let me know or send me an email.
Best Regards
Vancouver
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 11, 2012

This is a gorgeous resort for those who want to get away from it all! I enjoyed the amenities and the service was terrific. The only negative comment I have is that the animals in the zoo do not have adequate space, some of them seemed stressed, and it is so noisy for them with loud music playing from noon until 2 am. I adored the monkeys; however, their enclosure should be much larger with access to trees. The bunnies should have grass instead of dirt on the ground, and their house is tiny and metal. The bird of prey can fly only a few feet, and one of the ostriches looks ill. The badgers broke my heart, pacing ceaselessly in their miniscule pen. I felt bad every time I passed by the animals. Their pens were clean, and they had fresh food each day, but with the income that resort generates, the animals should have much better accomodations.

• Stayed March 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Lisa S
AnaMCastro, General Manager at Grand Palladium Vallarta Resort & Spa, responded to this review, April 12, 2012
Dear Lisa,
First of all, thank you for taking the time to write here your comments about your last stay in Grand Palladium Vallarta. I am really glad you enjoyed your vacations with us.
Regards your concerning about our little zoo, let me explain you that our hotel is certificated with an environmental program called “Earth Check” that means we need to follow some standards about several items like recycling, support community, etc. Once of them is that if we have some animals, we need to follow strictest rules about their care. All of them are supervised by an external company monthly and the national government. All the animals were rescued from different injuries or situations. We will really take note about your comments and we will take special attention to that area in order to improve it as better as we can.
We hope that we will have the opportunity to welcome you back to the resort and make your stay nothing but a pleasure experience again.
Winnipeg
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 10, 2012

My family of four (2 adults, 2 children under 12) stayed at the Grand Palladium for a week at the end of March. We read many of the reviews leading up to our departure and we were somewhat worried by some of the very negative ones. This was our first family excursion to an "all-inclusive" so we wanted to know we were in for a good experience. Well, to sum it up in only a few words -- the week was fantastic -- well beyond what we were actually expecting. Was it perfect? No. But what experience in life is? I swallowed most of a big wave, my kid got a sunburnt nose, the room was rather hot at night due to the standard set temperature and sometimes there weren't any pain au chocolat left at the buffet. Did that matter? Not a bit. I highly, highly suggest this resort for a family get-away. Apart from its natural beauty, it was extremely well maintained, the staff were always (and I mean always) polite and willing to share a smile, there was always a choice of food (some things better than others -- but I say, if I don't have to make it or clean up after it, what have I got to complain about?), the kids club was brilliant for my 11 year old, I got to do yoga on the beach in the morning (!) and the stairs were exactly what was needed after laying like a whale in the sun for several hours. And how could you not like being able to see a rescued monkey suck its foot thumb or a peacock strut in for a french fry at the pool restaurant? We did notice some other people having "issues," but it was very apparent it was the patrons with the issues, not the resort staff. A positive attitude attracts positive energy, yes? The resort was only half full and we loved that there were so many Mexican families enjoying each other's company. We loved the Palladium so much, we are already planning to return next spring. Go for it and enjoy!

Room Tip: Ask for an even numbered room in Building 1. You're guaranteed an ocean view and it's close...
  • Stayed March 2012, traveled with family
4 Thank Harry B
Dear Harry B.
Thank you for your report about your last stay in Grand Palladium Vallarta.I was very pleased to read all the positive comments you had for us. We appreciate the feedback you have provided regarding our staff service and the other service that we have. Once again thank you for your feedback and please let us know if you decide to come back to our property. We will take care about your reservation
Best regards
Dreams Villamagna Nuevo Vallarta
#8 of 27 in Nuevo Vallarta
4.5 of 5 bubbles 4,427 reviews
The Royal Suites Punta de Mita by Palladium

Been to Grand Palladium Vallarta Resort & Spa? Share your experiences!