The title sounds much more negative then it should, but I hope to catch your eye if you are thinking about staying here.
The property is located in the middle of no-where with breathtaking views of the ocean, the mountains, and the shoreline. The facilities are top notch (with the exception of the wifi in the room that faded in and out) and the pools, grounds, and beach are immaculate. The pool/cafe/restaurant staff and valet are all very attentive and helpful (we had the same staff our whole stay ("James Bond" a/k/a Arturo, Pepe, and Ronaldo, all of whom are top notch)). The food was good to great; however, this is where the full disclosure begins. There is one restaurant for breakfast and lunch and another for dinner. And the menu does not change, so if variety is the spice of your life then you will be taking a cab to Punta de Mita and Sayulita to eat. There is no bar, per se, so if that is part of your criteria then I'd look elsewhere. Our group drank by the pool (which is what we wanted) so it was not an issue to us.
This place isn't finished yet. The majority of the rooms are not completed and/or are unfurnished. Again, not a big deal but it is something that is not advertised. The spa isn't completed either.
And we did have an issue with our first room. First, we paid for the "tranquila suite" and were put in a room that had a queen bed and none of the amenities advertised. Second, the A/C didn't work and was blowing extremely humid air into the room (you could almost wring water from the comforter on the bed). It had obviously been going on for some time because the room had the odor of mildew. When we complained the front desk ignored us the first time and then made us wait basically a full day to change rooms (they told us another room wasn't ready and that they were full). After we turned up the aggressiveness level one notch we were accommodated. The second room was fabulous and was just as advertised. And the shower was amazing!
This place was dead. Literally, I don't think there was a day were there were more than 20 guests there. This did not bother us at all.
In sum, the place isn't completed yet, the crowds are very small, there are only two places to eat, there is no bar, most of the rooms are not finished or furnished, and some of the rooms are not as advertised.
However, the staff (excluding the front desk) is amazing, the food is good, the rooms are comfortable, the location is premium, and the cost is reasonable. I could definitely see myself staying here again.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- An amazing resort located in the exclusive area of Punta de Mita in Riviera Nayarit, on the Litibu Beach, a privileged, exotic place surrounded by the spectacular Greg Norman's Litibu Golf Course. Just 5 minutes away from Punta de Mita town, 15 minutes from Sayulita and the new Marina Riviera Nayarit, 45 minutes from the Puerto Vallarta International Airport. La Tranquila Resort offers a new concept of refinement and style as the first boutique hotel in Mexico which has combined harmoniously beautiful architecture and exceptional Mexican interior design. All beach front suites, impecable service and the breath taking infinity pool are the ideal place for a memorable vacation experience. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotwire, TripOnline SA, getaroom.com, HotelQuickly and Evoline ltd so you can book your La Tranquila Breathtaking Resort & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- La Tranquila Breathtaking Hotel Punta De Mita
- La Tranquila Breathtaking Resort And Spa