This place is by far the worst travel experience we have ever had. We were treated so rudely from the moment we walked in that we ended up walking out before even spending the night there.
Let me explain... we were here in the Spring 2011 and thought that this place had a lot of potential. So much potential that we decided to purchase a fractional ownership in the development. Of course, we were made many promises that were never delivered on. At the time, there were about 10-12 units completed. Upon returning 6 months later, there has been no visible signs of any work being completed, with still only 10-12 rooms completed.
When we tried to book our travel, for the month of November, we were repeatedly told that there were no rooms available. "What, we are owners in the development and we can't get a room?" Yet, we could go on any travel website, Expedia, Hotels.com, etc and see rooms available to the general public. After much run around from the staff we were able to secure our room for the month.
At the time of our booking we notified the hotel that we were traveling with our service animals (3). They understood and asked us to send all of the documentation for each animal along with our doctor's notes indicating the necessity of our service animals. Almost two months prior to our arrival we sent all of the documentation to the hotel reservations manager and we were told that everything was fine and that they 'looked forward to having us'.
So, we packed our bags and service animals for the month of November, looking forward to an amazing stay in Mexico. When we arrived, after a long day of travel, we were very rudely told that we could only have one of the service animals and not all of them. Can you imagine, a 77 year-old woman and her daughter who have been traveling all day and looking forward to a beverage and somewhere to relax, being told that not only would the hotel not honor their word that our service animals would be allowed, but that they wouldn't even let the dogs out of the car when it was in the mid-90s outside. I'm not sure which was worse, the treatment of the animals, or the treatment towards us.
When we showed them all of the email correspondence between us and the reservations manager, including the approval of the animals' documentation they did not care. We sat in the lobby for 3 hours trying to figure out what to do. All the while, not even being offered anything to drink. We were basically treated like criminals and left with no accommodations.
So now it is after 9pm, we are in the middle of almost nowhere, we and our dogs have not eaten all day, and we are left to find another place to stay, with no help from La Tranquila. Again, imagine a 77 year-old woman driving in Mexico at 9pm at night.
Needless to say, we eventually found a place in Punta Mita, that was more than happy to accept our service animals, without any question.
After a night of rest we went back to La Tranquila the next day, hoping to speak to the Reservations Manager to find out what the misunderstanding was. Not only were we not able to speak to this person (if they even exist), but we were called 'LIARS' by Ricardo, the supposedly wonderful manager. Once again, we tried to show them the email correspondence, but he insisted that we were somehow lying about the animals. I asked for an apology from Ricardo but he had no intention of giving us one. I wonder if they will realize the enormity of their mistake and some day apologize to us. For now, we are not holding our breath.
TRAVELERS BEWARE, this place is a sham. Kind of like a rotten piece of fruit, looks okay from the outside but rotten to the core on the inside.
I will post again about where we ended up. We couldn't be happier than where we are at Haixa. They have welcomed us with open arms and open hearts.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- An amazing resort located in the exclusive area of Punta de Mita in Riviera Nayarit, on the Litibu Beach, a privileged, exotic place surrounded by the spectacular Greg Norman's Litibu Golf Course. Just 5 minutes away from Punta de Mita town, 15 minutes from Sayulita and the new Marina Riviera Nayarit, 45 minutes from the Puerto Vallarta International Airport. La Tranquila Resort offers a new concept of refinement and style as the first boutique hotel in Mexico which has combined harmoniously beautiful architecture and exceptional Mexican interior design. All beach front suites, impecable service and the breath taking infinity pool are the ideal place for a memorable vacation experience. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Agoda, Hotwire, TripOnline SA, Evoline ltd, HotelQuickly and getaroom.com so you can book your La Tranquila Breathtaking Resort & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- La Tranquila Breathtaking Hotel Punta De Mita
- La Tranquila Breathtaking Resort And Spa