“Wonderful!”
5 of 5 bubbles Review of Si Senor

Si Senor
Cuisines: Mexican, Latin, Seafood, Spanish
Good for: Romantic, Scenic view, Bar scene, Local cuisine, Kids, Special occasions, Families with children, Large groups
Dining options: Brunch, Late Night, Lunch, Dinner, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Street Parking, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible, Wine and Beer
Puerto Viejo de Talamanca, Costa Rica
“Wonderful!”
Reviewed December 7, 2013

From the moment you walk in to Si Senor and sit down under the lit palms you just know you're going to have a great evening.
The service is superb...where else do they bring you the daily catch suspended on a rod to check out before you order?
My langoustines were simply and perfectly cooked, the wine was at the perfect temperature --- there was a lot of perfection going on. One of the most gorgeous settings, wonderful food (I just had to test friends dishes too!) and friendly impressive service.
On to remember and return to.

Saint-Lambert, Canada
“A perfect evening from beginning to end!”
Reviewed December 4, 2013

I have been to many 5 star restaurants all over the world and I must say that our dining experience was truly one of the most enjoyable both from a culinary and service point of view.
First the greeting, then the friendly and attentive approach from the staff and the owner made this experience one that will be remembered for a long time. Gustavo, the owner, could very well teach future and present restaurant owners the art of managing a successful restaurant . His approach, very friendly yet very professional, made a huge difference in the appreciation of our evening.
We made a few request for our menu and right away they were very open to change a few things to please. I asked if it was possible to have a surf and turf with tuna instead of beef and with no hesitation did they not only honor the request but were eager to please by having us try several of their accompanying sauces.
The margaritas , the ceviche, the octopus, the lobster, the tuna, all were simply amazing. I highly recommend this restaurant and I salute Gustavo and his staff for a job very well done. We will definitely go back . I don't usually take the time to write reviews, but I thought that this experience deserved to be told so others could appreciate and benefit . Lastly, the outdoor setting under the palm trees also makes this place a very unique and pleasant setting for a nice e

Eugene, OR
“Love it!!!!!”
Reviewed December 1, 2013

On our 2nd trip to P. M. we choose Si Señor as our first restaurant to return to. The food is delicious, loved the salsa created table side, the margaritas are the best, the service is fantastic and the fond memories with them are very special! Celebrated my birthday and appreciated the special attention and little Mito melts my heart. Thanks to Si Señor for everything, Nancy & Clarke. Go Ducks!

El Dorado Hills, CA
“Now I Know Why This Restaurant Is Named Si Senor”
Reviewed December 1, 2013

We had our favorite meal of our Punta Mita trip at Si Senor. Gustavo was our charming and extremely accommodating waiter. We started with a delicious complimentary appetizer of a couscous stuffed mussel each. Then we had a Shrimp Chile Relleno to share as an appetizer. It is the best Chile Relleno I have ever had in my life. It is not fried, it is open faced and stuffed with all these meaty bits of crunchy, fresh shrimp. Amazing - and we will return just for that dish!

We decided to also split a Chicken Tamale as an appetizer. They are small and light. Like no other tamale I have ever had. So delicious that we had to order a second one. We would strongly recommend doing as we did - splitting a Shrimp Chili Relleno and a Chicken Tamale (or two) as appetizers. You will not be sorry!

The answer to anything at this restaurant is yes! Whatever you want they will create if they can! I could not decide what seafood I wanted to have so they created a plate of three of my choices: amberjack, snapper (in a Veracruz sauce - the best!!) and a giant shrimp! I was in heaven.

I did not have a Mango Margarita but I watched others around me enjoying them - and we were told they were super. Next time!

The only negative about Si Senor is that the restaurant is inadequately lit. We arrived at 6 pm and by 6:30 it was getting hard to see. The waiters kept using flashlights to illuminate our food so we could see what we were getting. We used the flashlight on our cell phone for a while, but that obviously was not appropriate so we did not do so for long. This food was incredible but seeing your food is a large part of the sensory process and enjoyment. Keep in mind what time of year you are there and when the sun sets and plan accordingly. They said they plan to fix the lighting issue but I would guess this problem will be remedied on Mexican time!

The customer service to everyone is excellent but this great service does make the dinner process slow. No complaints though because of the results this extra time results in. Cannot wait to return to this restaurant next year!

Boulder, Colorado
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Quite A Show”
Reviewed November 25, 2013

My wife and I went to Si Sinor last night with our two kids. As everyone suggests, the location, the ambiance,and service are all exceptional. The kids were blown away by large whole fish hanging by their tails from a wood pole carried to the table by servers!

Less impressive was the food itself. It is presented beautifully (though a restaurant that requires flashlights to see often arouses my suspicion), however had a taste that was decidedly unexceptional. To start, we ordered the sashimi from the yellow fin tuna previously presented. It was average Maguro. Not sure what they do with the Toro. The squid, grilled despite being described as "frita," was dull and chewy. The queso fondito was only melted cheese but was definitely the most exciting thing we had last night.

Entrees were Futtucini Alfredo with seafood. This comprised largely flavorless shrimp and mussels and a substandard alfredo sauce (even according to the kids). Catch of the day was a dull flounder, cooked quite properly, but bland and without character. We also ordered Carnitas (pulled pork) which was run-of-the-mill family restaurant type fare, but probably the best entree of the three.

Again, I am not suggesting this place is substandard. I'm only saying that if you love good food, this place may not completely satisfy. It's one of those places where I suspect that the great quality of the show sometimes seduces one into thinking the food tastes better than it does.

1 Thank Anton S