“The best for Spicy Shrimp.”

Margarita's Restaurant & Bar
Cuisines: Mexican, Seafood, Steakhouse, Bar
Good for: Romantic, Local cuisine, Special occasions, Families with children
Dining options: Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner, Late Night, Delivery, Reservations
Reviewed October 7, 2013

If you are looking for good sea food in Punta de Mita...Margaritas is the choice.
We been there twice. The service was very good and it was live rock music(friday).Great music,
The food was super good .i order Cucaracha Shrimp.
The palce is on the beach, if you want at night for dinner, they can set up a table on the yeti wich makes the experience much better, especially with the moon and the moonlit at the ocean,
I want to go back just by writing this review.
Loving Punta de Mita.

Reviewed September 9, 2013

I have been vacationing in Puerto Vallarta for over ten years. One of my favorite restaurants is Margaritas, Punta de Mita just north of Puerto Vallarta. The name alone gives away part of the secret. Their margaritas are the best in Punta de Mita and among the best I ever had anywhere. My favorite dining choice is the grilled whole fish with garlic butter. When it's available, Hector the owner only serves fresh fish caught daily, it is among the best fish dishes in the area. Now that the restaurant's popularity has increased, you may have to wait a little longer for your meal to be prepared, but it will be well worth the wait. My only criticism, Hector has not changed his prices since he had the menus printed - they are literally falling apart.

Reviewed July 23, 2013

We practically ordered the entire menu and it was all delicious! Was the perfect way to end an awesome trip to Islas Marias.

Reviewed July 15, 2013

We went as a family to Margarita's for dinner. We loved sitting outside by the bay! Hector welcomed us, as if we were old friends. We started with delicious tomato based Tortilla Soup. We each ordered a different fish entree. Excellent shrimp! Flavorful mahi- mahi with garlic and butter! Excellent tuna, lobster, and coconut shrimp! Margarita's were big and had chunks of fruit. We are ready to go back again!

Reviewed July 12, 2013

My friend and I just ate here a few nights ago and it was everything that the reviewers on trip advisor said - fantastic food, beautiful view of the ocean, and HUGE/GOOD margaritas!

The owner of the restaurant was so nice and welcoming. The town was pretty empty while we were there but Margarita's clearly also attracts tons of locals as we seemed to be some of the only tourists in the restaurant. It started pouring rain and thundering while we sat sea-side, so immediately the owner and his staff escorted us to the indoor part of the restaurant while they moved our table and all of our food for us.

The spiny lobster was some of the best I have ever had - garlicy and sweet - completely delicious. My friend got the coconut shrimp and those were just as tasty. The Mango margarita is highly recommended!