“Amazing!”

Four Seasons Resort Punta Mita
Ranked #2 of 11 Hotels in Punta de Mita
Reviewed February 3, 2014

Amazing hotel! Most gracious staff!!! Very kind, polite and accomodating! Everywhere you walk, you are greeted by a staff member. They make sure that you truley feel like a guest and that all your needs are tended to. Look forward to going back.

There are newer reviews for Four Seasons Resort Punta Mita

Reviewed February 3, 2014

We cannot say enough about how wonderful our stay was at the Four Seasons Punta Mita. The staff goes out of their way to make you feel pampered without being overbearing. The sunsets from the ocean front rooms are simply amazing. Furthermore, despite the fact that the hotel was full to capacity with a large group in attendance, we never felt rushed or crowded and our requests were always met with a smile. The food on the property was excellent and always freshly prepared ( love the Aramara roll). While lounging on the beach we were provided with unlimited complimentary ice water and regular samplings of delicious smoothies. The concierge also recommended some excellent restaurants in the little town right outside the property namely, Cafe des Artistes del Mar and Sufi. We also never felt unsafe.
We did visit the St Regis out of curiosity and although it is also a beautiful property, it did not feel as intimate or welcoming to us.
We will definitely return to the Four Seasons.

Room Tip: The ocean front/ view rooms are worth the price! Sunsets are beautiful as noted above.
  • Stayed: January 2014, traveled with family
Reviewed February 1, 2014

I actually don't know where to begin, and wish that I could write every details down...many of which just make me smile! I just got back from my week long trip from Punta Mita "paradise" celebrating my 10 year wedding anniversary! Having worked many years ago for the Four Seasons Hotel company, I had high expectations for this resort. Having travelled the world in many of the top luxury properties, I can without question say that this is the ultimate place to vacation! The suite we had was off the charts with our own private plunge pool, kitchen, etc...with views of the ocean that are spectacular!
The restaurants and food/beverage options were fantastic. EVERY meal we had was delicious, unique, and beautifully presented! The staff are what really shine, and each and every associate working there has a genuine, warm smile and greeting that makes you believe they have known you forever! I could not even begin to pick out my favorites as there were so many of them! All of the activities were great that the hotel planned! Definitely take advantage of the Catch of the Day on Tuesdays, Thursdays and Saturdays on the beach! Also don't be afraid to leave the hotel to try some of the local restaurants! Si Senor, and Sulfi both were AWESOME recommendations! For sure a bit pricey, but worth every dollar you spend!!! I could go on forever! So sad leaving today !!

1  Thank Jeffrey S
Reviewed January 28, 2014

I've been to many of the Four Season's, including the one in Bora Bora about 5 times and this resort ranks close to the top as far as paradise goes. We got a one-bedroom suite with a plunge pool on the ocean, and it was spectacular. The sunsets are worth the suite, but when you add the plunge pool, it's very romantic and relaxing. Getting to the resort is a short 45 minute ride from the airport and you are greeted with fresh towels and a welcome cocktail. While most of the check-in is done at the main reception, I prefer a suite-check-in which is done in Bora Bora. The service is classic Four Season's and while you're at the beach or at the pool, you will be pampered beyond belief. Like many of the resort Four Season's, they cater to group or incentive group travel, and there was a large group during our stay. With plenty of facilities, it never seemed crowded. The food was excellent, and room service perfect. This is one resort, where you just want to unpack and enjoy the resort. While there are plenty of activities, this resort really cultivates enjoying the wonderful weather and sunsets. If I were to redesign the resort, I'd have a separate golf cart access (the staff uses the carts for deliveries, room service, cleaning, etc.) as the guests use for walking. The walkways are just wide enough for the gold carts to get by - and they are courteous by completely stopping while you pass by walking (but must really slow them down). Other than that, the resort runs very efficiently. The staff will treat you like royalty. This is one resort that has easy access by flights from around the country and one that I'll visit frequently. The resort and rooms are on the high end of most of the Four Season's, but well worth it.

Room Tip: Get a room on the ocean with a plunge pool. The views of the sunsets, and the soothing sounds of th...
3  Thank Pepe G
Reviewed January 28, 2014

You get what you pay for and this place was worth every dollar. To those not used to five star resorts it may be a price shock but my wife and I have paid over $2000 a night for hotels around the world and this Four seasons is the best value we've seen anywhere.

Staff was even better than Asian luxury hotels which are the best in the world, the difference being that Four seasons staff from pool guys to servers remembered our name.

Room Tip: Pay for an ocean view...it's worth it!
  • Stayed: January 2014, traveled with friends
2  Thank Don H
Reviewed January 24, 2014

We came to this resort for our honeymoon and got the all-inclusive package so that we wouldn't have to worry about drinks and extras while we were celebrating. I made sure to tell the bartender or server EVERY TIME I ordered that we wanted only drinks that were included in our package. Sure enough, when we went to pay our bill at check-out, they tried to add charges for drinks and bottles of wine to our bill. I did not want to spend my honeymoon arguing to have charges taken off of the bill, which is why we paid the exorbitant rate for the all-inclusive package.

Even worse, more than a full month after we returned home, I saw a charge on my credit card (one that I never use, and thus don't check every month) for an extra $200 for something they "accidentally" forgot to charge us with at check-out. Never heard back from the hotel after complaining.

Otherwise, the hotel was nice. Service is very hit or miss. Some members of staff are awesome, some are rude and completely ignore you. With their unethical billing policies, we will definitely not be coming back.

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled as a couple
19  Thank john s
Reviewed January 24, 2014

My wife and I spend a week here in January. Initially I was a bit hesitant because of the price, but expensive as it is, I must say it was a fair value for the money. The resort is beautiful and secluded and perfectly maintained. The pools could not have been better and the room (we had a simple Garden View room) was well appointed, roomy and very comfortable with a delightful patio. We ate at all three restaurants and every meal was simply superb. But what really stands out is the service and the personnel. I can't imagine how one could do better. Everyone we encountered -- without exception -- was polite, friendly and seemed to go out of their way to make our stay enjoyable in every possible way. The hotel concierge suggested many exciting and enjoyable activities (try the horse back riding, the ATM trip and whale watching) as well as excellent restaurants both on and off the resort. But for the language and flying into Puerto Vallarta, we almost forgot we were even in Mexico. This is a truly outstanding resort that could be at any great location in the world. I can't quite imagine how one could do better! We'll be back.

2  Thank jpeves
Grand Palladium Vallarta Resort & Spa
Grand Velas Riviera Nayarit
Grand Velas Riviera Nayarit
#1 of 28 in Nuevo Vallarta

Been to Four Seasons Resort Punta Mita? Share your experiences!