“Spectacular!!!!”

Ranked #2 of 12 Hotels in Punta de Mita
California
“Spectacular!!!!”
Reviewed September 4, 2013

I am writing this as I am flying home with my wife after four perfect nights at this spectacular resort. There isn't one thing about FS Punta Mita that isn't great. From the moment you exit thru customs til the minute you're dropped off back at the airport you're treated like royalty.

The grounds, beach, pools, spa, fitness center and restaurants are absolutely top shelf. The staff is beyond incredible. You truly feel like you're in the greatest place on earth.

This resort should be on everyone's bucket list. We have been blessed to travel to a lot of nice places, but FS Punta Mita is now at the top of our list. We feel blessed that we were able to experience such incredible service at such a beautiful place!

If you're on the fence about going here, don't be. You will not regret it. My wife and I can't stop looking at all of our amazing pictures.

Thank you to all of the staff at FS Punta Mita! Words can not adequately describe how much we fell in love with your resort! Thank you!!!!!

• Stayed September 2013
2 Thank Kingnapes

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (426)
Toronto, Canada
Reviewed September 3, 2013

Fantastic vacation. First rate in all regards. From the moment we arrived the service and hospitality by the entire staff was without equal. Everyone, from the welcoming concierge, room staff, restaurants personnel, as well as the gardeners and maintenance staff were so friendly and helpful that we couldn't ask for a better stay. The adult pool offers the most calming and relaxing atmosphere, that you don't want to leave. The gym and spa are very well equipped with knowledgeable staff that go out of their to way to assist. The restaurants, as expected, are first rate and the grounds are impeccable. Would go back in a heartbeat. Thanks Four Seasons.

Room Tip: Any room would provide a wonderful vacation.
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank timbit1
Monterrey, Mexico
Reviewed September 3, 2013

Service to it's maximum level! Lots of amenities, great weather, we absolutely loved our suite!!! Big and delicious breakfast, cozy corners, great decoration, loved the bar and outmost one of the best golf courses in Mexico. We didn't wanted to leave!!!! Enjoy the margaritas and the beautiful private beach!

Room Tip: Pick a room with ocean view and beach front
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Ana C
Reviewed August 31, 2013

The impeccable service began the minute we walked off the plane. We were greeted with hand towels and bottled water.
We stayed in the residence villa Langosta. Everything was super clean with our very own private infinity pool off our living room.
The service was like no other. We spent days at the adult pool. Adriana, Alesandro, and Isidro were FANTASTIC. Before my drink was empty it was already filled. Eliud at Ketsi was amazing. Overall this was the most beautiful relaxing 7 days ever. Restaurants were amazing. Armamara was superb. Daniel was a fantastic server. Four Seasons Punta Mita is worth every single peso!!!!

• Stayed August 2013
2 Thank Fcatanese
New York
Reviewed August 29, 2013

I have stayed at a number of Four Seasons properties over the years and this one trumps them all with flying colors. That said, I was admittedly hesitant initially (i.e. first thought to self before booking was, “Um…Punta Mita? Where exactly is that?”), but friends encouraged me to go – and I am deeply grateful I listened, as this could perhaps be my new favorite resort on the planet.

The experience blends the best of all worlds: cutting edge cuisine in a variety of settings; design and amenities with a strong-but-not-obnoxious (and beautifully contemporary) sense of place, activities ranging from a rainbow of water sports (surfing, paddle boarding, kayaking, fishing) to Latin dance classes, art classes (Mexican ceramics and sculpture workshops and walks), daily gastronomic immersions, i.e., Mezcal, tequila, mole!, Spanish classes, “proper” stargazing, horseback…seriously the list goes on and on – and is delivered each morning with the Times Fax we all pretend not to love as much as we secretly do. Could stay for a month and never get bored.

But if you want to be left alone and do nothing, so be it. With great pleasure.

If you want to disappear into the spa, they encourage you to disappear…with their signature forearm tequila massage or a Mexican Green Coffee Slimming Wrap. (Really? Yes, please. All divine.) If you want to learn Spanish, waiters and room service staff are all more than willing and happily comply in a delightfully non-formal setting.

If nothing else, go for the Mexican wines! Amazing. One after the next, i.e. a sparkling rosé perfectly paired with the Punta Mita ceviche that’s topped with a Bloody Mary sorbet. Redefining “refresh” – I obviously adored that ceviche so much, they just magically appeared with the recipe; who does that!? That was the first of what seemed like a million magic moments that “just happened” to deeply push the reset button that we all need and crave.

I could go on and on, but won’t. Message me if you want more – happy to share.

Can’t wait to go back.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled solo
3 Thank talkingbean
adames188, Manager at Four Seasons Resort Punta Mita, responded to this review, September 18, 2013
Dear Talking Bean,

We are humbled by your beautifully written comments! I feel like we need to hire you to do our PR work! Your home and family here in Paradise anxiously awaits your return!

And please keep talking oh mighty bean.......

Jose Adames, Resort Manager
West Hartford, Connecticut, United States
Reviewed August 14, 2013

The hotel was fantastic. Our room was located above the laszy river. Lots of pools, bars, beautiful beaches, very good food, the hotel naturalist did a fabulous job - he took us on hikes to learn more about the flora and fauna, and on ocean kayaks to see whales up close. The spa offers many treatments, and we recommend the massages. Some staff were somewhat indifferent. Most were extremely interested in making our stay phenomenal.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
3 Thank Beth S
Mount Pleasant, South Carolina, United States
Reviewed August 12, 2013

We didn't stay at the Four Seasons (we stayed at a condo in Punta de Mita), but our family went to dinner, the spa and a couple of the bars on the property while we were just there. We went to dinner at Aramara, which was great. The spa services are also really nice. The bars are good to.

The issues we ran into were my mother's credit card was stolen while we were down there. The only place she used the card was to make reservations at the spa. The concierge at the Four Seasons asked her to scan in her card and email it to him (which she did) and, lo and behold, when we got back, Capital One had shut the card down due to fraud.

Now, I get that the Four Seasons is a high end place. I really think most of the people that stay and play there have no issues with money. While my parents are the same way, my husband, brother and future sister-in-law do not have the same financial situation. Time and again in the shops and in the bars, we found inconsistencies with the bill. We were overcharged for food, drinks and even shopping. I think most people don't bother to pull out a calculator and actually do the conversion before they pay the bill here (we did). Every time, we found an inconsistency. I found a conversion inconsistency of about $20 when buying a gift for my mother. My husband and I were charged for drinks off of the more expensive menu when we made a point of ordering off the less expensive one. My brother and husband had the same experience at another bar on the property (we even found this at the St. Regis, but at a little lesser extent).

To some, this may seem little, but it just irritated me. To constantly believe I was getting ripped off just led me to stop tipping at the bar when I found the wrong (and more expensive items) being charged. It's a really great place and the people are very friendly, but I just didn't trust anyone there.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
12 Thank Lauren B
Dear Lauren,

Thanks for taking the time to write your review regarding your recent experience with us. We are very disappointed to read how you feel regarding payments and credit card transactions and we are sorry for any distasteful experience you have encountered. We have always taken pride in the discrete and safe enviroment that we provide for our guests. I would love the opportunity to speak to you over the phone to ensure we follow up appropriately and that we continue to be your hotel of choice when you visit Mexico. I look forward to being in touch with you very soon.

Humbly,

Grand Palladium Vallarta Resort & Spa
Grand Velas Riviera Nayarit
Grand Velas Riviera Nayarit
#1 of 28 in Nuevo Vallarta

Been to Four Seasons Resort Punta Mita? Share your experiences!