Four Seasons Resort Punta Mita
W Punta de Mita(Punta de Mita)(Great Value!)
$370
WHotels.com
The St. Regis Punta Mita Resort(Punta de Mita)(Great Value!)
$497
$457
Stregis.com
Imanta Resort(Punta de Mita)(Great Value!)
$765
$742
Hotel Meson de Mita(Punta de Mita)(Great Value!)
$55
Grand Palladium Vallarta Resort & Spa(Punta de Mita)(Great Value!)
$190
  • Breakfast included
Casa De Mita(Punta de Mita)(Great Value!)
$745
Iberostar Playa Mita(Punta de Mita)(Great Value!)
$272
Hotelpower.com
  • Breakfast included
No availability for your dates from our partners
No availability for your dates from our partners
2,137 results
All reviewslazy riverpunta mitaresidence clubnuna poolplunge poolcold towelsgolf cartocean frontcatch of the daymain poolbeautiful propertygarden viewtequila tastingcevichebeach servicebottled waterkids club
Reviewed August 12, 2013

We didn't stay at the Four Seasons (we stayed at a condo in Punta de Mita), but our family went to dinner, the spa and a couple of the bars on the property while we were just there. We went to dinner at Aramara, which was great. The spa services are also really nice. The bars are good to.

The issues we ran into were my mother's credit card was stolen while we were down there. The only place she used the card was to make reservations at the spa. The concierge at the Four Seasons asked her to scan in her card and email it to him (which she did) and, lo and behold, when we got back, Capital One had shut the card down due to fraud.

Now, I get that the Four Seasons is a high end place. I really think most of the people that stay and play there have no issues with money. While my parents are the same way, my husband, brother and future sister-in-law do not have the same financial situation. Time and again in the shops and in the bars, we found inconsistencies with the bill. We were overcharged for food, drinks and even shopping. I think most people don't bother to pull out a calculator and actually do the conversion before they pay the bill here (we did). Every time, we found an inconsistency. I found a conversion inconsistency of about $20 when buying a gift for my mother. My husband and I were charged for drinks off of the more expensive menu when we made a point of ordering off the less expensive one. My brother and husband had the same experience at another bar on the property (we even found this at the St. Regis, but at a little lesser extent).

To some, this may seem little, but it just irritated me. To constantly believe I was getting ripped off just led me to stop tipping at the bar when I found the wrong (and more expensive items) being charged. It's a really great place and the people are very friendly, but I just didn't trust anyone there.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled with family
12  Thank Lauren B
adames188, Manager at Four Seasons Resort Punta Mita, responded to this reviewResponded September 18, 2013

Dear Lauren,

Thanks for taking the time to write your review regarding your recent experience with us. We are very disappointed to read how you feel regarding payments and credit card transactions and we are sorry for any distasteful experience you have encountered. We have always taken pride in the discrete and safe enviroment that we provide for our guests. I would love the opportunity to speak to you over the phone to ensure we follow up appropriately and that we continue to be your hotel of choice when you visit Mexico. I look forward to being in touch with you very soon.

Humbly,

Jose Adames, Resort Manager

Reviewed August 6, 2013

We broke our rule of returning to the same resort twice. We first visited this property in 2006, when our daughter was just one year old. We returned (with our now 7 year old daughter) for a week in mid-July. We were happy to discover that the already excellent resort has improved during that period.
The facilities have certainly improved. The lazy river was a significant addition, although we did not particularly enjoy the slow moving, shady confines of this corner of the resort. We were much more interested in the beach. Although I don't remember snorkeling here during our first visit, the resort offered great snorkeling right off Bahia beach. We literally spent hours in the water looking at the varieties of puffer fish, eels and various small colorful fish swimming around the rocks in this area. The water was not crystal clear as it is off some Caribbean beaches, but there was plenty of visibility to clearly see the fish at a depth of about 15 feet. The water was a little wavey, but calm enough for our 7 year old to easily navigate around the rocks. The water temperature was perfect for us--refreshing but not cold. If you enjoy bathtub warm temperatures, the pool would be a better choice.
The Bahia restaurant, located right on the beach, was also new since our last visit, and it instantly became our favorite. Watching the sunset with the warm ocean breezes coming into the restaurant was the perfect way to end the day. We ate fish at just about every meal, often taking advantage of the "catch of the day" option, and we were never disappointed. My wife ordered off the menu at each meal--always requesting a selection of sashimi from the daily catch--and the staff were always happy to oblige. We would specifically like to thank Jose for remembering our ordering preferences during our first visit to Bahia, and pleasantly accommodating us at each of our subsequent visits. There was none of that consternation that you sometimes get from wait staff when you don't stay within the four corners of a menu. The service was excellent across the board. The other appealing aspect of the Bahia restaurant is that it is located adjacent to the kids' game room, allowing our daughter to walk over by herself after finishing her meal so my wife and I could enjoy a quiet after dinner drink together. It was a pity that they changed the closing hour of the game room from 10:30pm to 8:00pm on our last day there, but at least we took advantage of this service while it lasted.
Speaking of kids entertainment, the Four Seasons also offers the "Kids for All Seasons" programs each day, which is more of an "arts, crafts and activities" type of entertainment for children, as opposed to the video game machines that populate the game room adjacent to Bahia. Of course, our daughter was less interested in arts and crafts, as apparently were the other kids at the resort judging by the small number of children we observed participating in that program. They did organize a birthday party for one young boy while we were there which included a giant pinata and cake on the beach--the kids all had fun with that event.
We stayed in one of the least expensive rooms on the property--in the Mariposa building--but were very happy with the room. We had complete privacy on our outdoor deck overlooking a nice garden, and we were an easy walk to any location on the property. As you would expect at a property of this caliber and price point, the rooms were always spotless, and the housekeeping staff was excellent, even putting my daughter's stuffed animals into different poses on the bed each day. It's the little things you remember...
If I had to identify any criticisms, they would be minor. The coffee served with breakfast at Ketsi was too weak for our liking--much weaker tasting than even the decaf that was served in Bahia with dinner. Also, I'm sure the "low flow" toilet in our room was environmentally friendly, but the flow was a little too low and slow to efficiently handle three people sharing the bathroom. These are obviously minor grievances, which reflects the high level of satisfaction with every other aspect of this resort.
We took two excursions during our stay: a snorkeling trip to the Marietta Islands, and horseback riding at the nearby Rancho de la Montalbena. Both excursions were well organized, well equipped, and led by courteous knowledgeable guides. Our snorkeling guide (Al) from Vallarta Adventures really went out of his way to make us all comfortable. Although we were on a small boat, when a bathroom break became necessary, he did not hesitate to take us to a nearby catamaran (also operated by Vallarta Adventures) to use the facilities. He also kept a very close eye on my daughter in the water. Horseback riding was an off-site activity, which always gives me a little concern, but the cleanliness of the facility and the demeanor of our guide put us at ease. I was pleasantly surprised to see that the Four Seasons concierge called our guide's cell phone about 20 minutes into our ride just to make sure we were all doing OK--nice follow up.
I should mention that we took advantage of the full meal plan option offered by the hotel. This is not an inexpensive option, but recalling the price of food during our first visit, I thought it would be worthwhile if it was as inclusive as it purported to be. I am happy to report that we were thoroughly satisfied with this option. All three of us ate full breakfast, lunch and dinner each day, often taking lunch at the pool side or at the beach. We are not heavy drinkers, but enjoyed a couple cocktails and lots of non-alcoholic drinks (including fresh cut coconuts) each day. All of this was completely covered by the meal plan, with no hidden charges or loopholes showing up on the bill when we checked out (just the extra tips we wrote onto the check at every meal). I would highly recommend this option for anyone planning to eat most of your meals at the hotel.
On the flight home, my wife and I both agreed that this property has move into the #1 spot on our list of favorite resorts. Other resorts we have visited in the last several years include the Four Seasons in Bali (Ubud), the Four Seasons in Nevis, Elbow Beach hotel (Mandarin Oriental) in Bermuda, and the Tanjung Rhu hotel in Langkawi. For a family like ours that requires a child-friendly location, and enjoys playing in the ocean and fine dining in an open air environment, I can't think of a better place to go. We will absolutely be breaking our rule again and going back for a third visit.

Room Tip: Mariposa is an excellent choice for anyone who does not require a beach view or a villa. If you desire privacy and a central location, it's great.
6  Thank tmasters44
Reviewed August 5, 2013

Where do I begin! This trip was amazing from the minute Cruz picked my family and I up at the airport. Every day was phenomenal the Four Seasons employees are top notch and very friendly. The service was impeccable, we were always greeted by our names and treated like rock stars!
My husband loved the main pool and had a difficult time even getting out, especially when his favorite beverage was walked out to him while he was in the pool!
This was my 19 year old daughter's first trip to Mexico and it will not be her last! She loved all the activities that were provided by the Four Seasons, a couple of her favorites were the guided kaiak tour to the private beach and painting her own ceramic iguana ( Iggy) to take home:) Everyone was so kind and always anticipated our every need. My family and I were well taken care of by the entire staff! We will definitely be returning next year:)
Thank you to everyone that made this trip magical! Richie, with Whatahotel, Humberto and Fostino with Four Seasons management, the wonderful guys at Ketsi~ you were all so gracious helping us learn spanish, Bruno at Aramara~ thank you for the fan you went above and beyond for our comfort, Joel and Gabriel, thank you for taking care of us everyday you are really great guys, Hector, bartender extraordinaire, very sweet guy that makes killer drinks, all the Amazing room service and housekeeping staff you are top notch and Erick~ thank you for responding to an SOS from wonderful lady from housekeeping!
To the General Manager, John O'Sullivan, (The Irishman) it was a pleasure meeting you and chatting with you last Friday morning at Ketsi. Thank you for the recommendation we can't wait to visit the Post Ranch Inn:) We look forward to enjoying your lovely resort again in the very near future ~ Blessings

Room Tip: WhataHotel.com~ This service is amazing! Richie Massa completely took care of me and my family. This was our first time using WhataHotel.com and it will not be our last. We received an unbelievable package with some fabulous perks, including a delicious complimentary breakfast every day! Richie arranged everything with the management at Four Seasons, every detail was taken care of, it was seamless. We had booked a lovely ocean view casita and upon arrival discovered that we had been upgraded to the ocean view suite! One of the best suites on the entire property, we had a view of the ocean and our own plunge pool :) Richie promised us that we would be upgraded if it was available and it was a Huge upgrade! Room 1007! You don't want to book another trip without this company:)
4  Thank Tiffany W
Reviewed August 4, 2013

Fortunately we are able to come often and ALWAYS look forward to it. My whole family agrees that its one of our favorite places in the world. My kids love the pools, revel in the beaches (almost private with white sands with mild waves) and have loads of fun in the kids club. My wife loves the Spa and for me its difficult to find a more striking and enjoyable golf course ... and they have 2 of them! It's beaches are amongst the most beautiful in Mexico and the hotel grounds, including it's infinity pool, the slow river and many acres of lush gardens are very impressive and always perfectly kept even though nature there is always overflowing. Food is excellent in any of it's threee restaurans although I'd recommend a visit to the town of Punta de Mita for some very good Mexican restaurants. And I've left the best for last ... service at the Hotel is absolutely impecable. From the moment you arrive to the moment you leave, the staff is "reading your mind" and making sure you glide thorugh the day absolutely effortlessly. Nowere else have we enjoyed so much atention to detail or such an excellent service. Bravo!!!

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed July 28, 2013

We stay at the hotel often and have been going there for 10+ years. Although there has been a lot of staff turnover the food on this trip was better than I remember. It seems like there is an effort to offer more healthy choices and the staff as always is excellent. This hotel in my opinion is till the most striking property of the north american beach locations and that includes all the HI properties.

1  Thank gknight40