“Ridiculously Great Vacation”

Ranked #2 of 11 Hotels in Punta de Mita
Santa Monica, California
“Ridiculously Great Vacation”
Reviewed June 23, 2013

I almost don't want to write a review because it's so good and want to keep it a secret. I've been to a handful of Four Seasons and this one is my favorite. First, the pickup at the airport is smooth and you are treated like a star from moment one by the Four Seasons. The small premium you pay for using the Four Seasons service is well worth it. You are safe, you are pampered and it starts off the trip right. Arrival at the hotel was great. They are waiting with refreshing drinks as you enter for my entire family and my kids are given a basket of goodies right away and cannot believe there good fortune. We head to the pool right away and despite it being 5:30pm, we still had three hours of sunlight, warm weather, warm pool, dinner and drinks at the pool and I'm already officially on vacation and work and life at home are a distant memory.

The rooms are great. All the amenities, comfortable beds, air conditioning, fabulous little soaps, shampoos and lotions, robes, slippers, free Wi-Fi and little goodies left for us (best lemonade ever) and the kids (Hershey's chocolate milk).

For us, with two kids ages 6 and 8, we utilized the fabulous Kids Club. Not all day, just for a couple of hours and they are flexible, drop off when you want, pick up when you want. So it was a perfect mix of spending time with them in the pool, lazy river or ocean and then a couple of hours to relax to ourselves. Kids got to do art projects, make sundaes and watch kid movies. They also have a separate game room for the kids for evening time which was adjacent to the restaurant, so we would stay later for dinner and let them take off close by to play games while we enjoyed dinners. The game room was awesome, tons of video games, air hockey and a movie room filled with cool bean bag chairs. A perfect escape for kids.

The service was exquisite where they are ready for you at all times, but not overbearing and quite subtle about it. In fact, my wife who hurt her shoulder on the trip, was given top notch care and help by the concierge, front office, on staff doctor and driver, Juan, who went out of his way to get us to a spot to get x-rays and waited with us the whole time to make sure we were taken care of properly (and we were). Yes, the extra mile was taken.

Food was excellent. Every meal. Was it pricey? Yes, but this is the Four Seasons. Was it worth it? Yes. All you can eat brunch is to die for. Dream it up and it's probably there. Hazelnut pancakes, crème brulee oatmeal, any kind of smoothie you can imagine. We also ate at all three dinner spots on the property and loved every single one of them and they all had a slightly different menu. There was also a tequila tasting one night which was very interesting where we learned about different tequilas and left with a smile on our face.

All in, a home run of a vacation and we will be coming back again.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
3 Thank SM-WallStDude

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (425)
Atlanta, Georgia
Reviewed June 20, 2013

We were most impressed with the quality of facilities and level of anticipating our needs. Regarding facilities, everything was high quality. Starting with the ocean view from the hotel lobby. Our room that had a palm-framed, ocean view from the spacious terrace. The room was appropriately southwest décor with expected conveniences of a four star hotel. We never saw any bugs in the room (and generally nowhere near the mosquitoes you experience in the Caribbean). The beach area was very nice with an assortment of cabanas (with coolers), umbrellas, and hammocks available. However, the beach is not great for frolicking as it is very rocky in the areas we lounged in. On the other hand the gym was one of the best I've seen in a hotel...plenty of cardio machines, free weights, open floor space, and plenty of water and Gatorade available. The infinity pool overlooking the ocean was striking and surrounded by loungers--a good number of which were shaded for those over their sun threshold.

The service was all about anticipation. After the welcome margarita, it seemed that everywhere there was someone asking if we needed towels, wanted to order food or drinks at the beach, etc. One of our favorite pampering requests was the refreshing cold cloth that would be offered at perfect hot, sticky moments...I was even given one while working out in the gym! Sometimes with the towel you could be misted with a facial spray...which I tried once but seemed a bit weird. Incidentally, we had some of the most interesting margaritas at the beach...including cucumber, lychee, and jalapeno.

We had a large group at Four Seasons and all were impressed with the experience of the resort. Outside the resort, Punta Mita is not the most exciting town for activities and shopping (besides the typical ocean activity tours).

For all the superlatives, this is an expensive place. For example the bill for the breakfast buffet was about $42 US per person. Drinks were $10-15. Spa was not cheap (but was really good). Etc. Etc. Only other complaint is that the Wi-Fi was slow and dropped regularly in our room. There was an expensive Wi-Fi upgrade option that we passed on (multiple devices, more bandwidth).

Room Tip: Ocean view from second floor was striking. We were in Tortuga, close to lobby and main beach areas s...
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled on business
1 Thank dred313
Boston, Massachusetts
Reviewed June 19, 2013

this was our 2nd trip to the four seasons in punta mita, the 1st time being 6 years ago when my husband and i got engeaged, so this particular hotel holds a special place in our hearts.

i was in touch with the four seasons via twitter a few months before we booked our trip and just casually mentioned we would be returning again to celebrate our 5th wedding anniversary and our engagement and all i can tell you is that they went above and beyond to ensure we had an amazing trip!

upon arrival, we were upgraded to an amazing oceanfront suite (#200) with a private plunge pool and huge patio with a hammock. the view and the room were both amazing! (we definitely will be booking the same room when we return in the future). after we settled into our room, we noticed a bottle of champagne chilling and his and hers chocolate covered apples waiting for us... oh and hand written notes from several staff members wishing us a pleasant stay. not wanting to waste anytime, we jumped into the pool and sipped our champagne until dinner.

throughout our trip the staff left several treats in our room (cupcakes (with happy anniversary flags...so cute!!), fruit and fondue) and we were warmly welcomed by every person we encoutered. including, thomas and cynthia who came to greet us the first day we were there.

we had dinner at all of the restaurants, bahia the first night (table right on the beach, watched the sunset.. beautiful and great food -- the snapper was fantastic), aramara the second night (great asian food!!), a private dinner on the rock (a MUST!!!!), and finally room service on our patio on our last night (and our waiter from the rock delivered our meal and had us wait in the other part of our room so he could set up our table and even brought lanterns to make it more romantic, a great touch!!).. we also had breakfast at ketsi and spent several lunches sitting at the tamai bar by the main pool, all of the food was great and the service was wonderful.

i could go on and on, but all you need to know is that i would make this a must-visit hotel/destination and know that you will be taken care of, whether you are celebrating something or not. the staff is top-notch, the food is amazing and the hotel itself is absolutely beautiful!! out of all the four seasons hotels my husband and i have stayed at (and even other luxury hotels around the world) this is by far one of our favorites and we will definitely be coming back!!

Room Tip: oceanfront suites are definitely worth the price... great views for watching the sunset and a lovely...
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank cswords24
Reviewed June 17, 2013

We just returned from an amazing stay at the Four Seasons Punta Mita and could not have been more pleased!

Room: Our oceanfront suite (#200) was absolutely perfect, with a small pool, a huge deck with hammock and table/chairs, and complete privacy. I highly recommend the oceanfront suites! The rooms are spotless and the cleaning staff does an amazing job every single day. They even folded my husband's dirty clothes that he had thrown on the floor. The water pressure in the showers is unbelievable....it feels like you are standing under Niagara Falls. I wanted to shower more than once a day because it was so nice....and the L'Occitane bath products are awesome.

Staff: The staff is what makes this resort so perfect. From the general manager, who stopped by to greet us every single day, to the front desk, the cleaning staff, golf carts drivers, restaurant servers...every single person was happy to be there, extremely helpful and so kind! They wait on you hand and foot. I think that anyone who complains about the staff not being perfect is probably not very kind to the staff. A smile and please/thank you will get you VERY far. When you are kind to them, they go out of their way to be even more kind to you! Oh, and everyone speaks English...no worries if you don't speak Spanish.

Beach: The view of the beach is picture perfect....but if you have small children, they will probably find the surf too rough and will prefer the pools. There are waves and many rocks. I preferred the pools because the water was much warmer! I loved that they would constantly bring you smoothie samples, or a cold washcloth, or even a spritz of Evian water on the beach. They even had a man walking around fixing people's sunglasses! The beach daybeds are heavenly and make you want to stay there all day long. The beach attendants are perfect too....not intrusive, but super attentive and kind.

Food: We did not leave the property once our entire trip. The food is amazing...and if you are going to travel all the way to Mexico to stay at the FS, you should also eat there. I loved every single thing that I ate the entire week! Also, our 3 year old is Gluten-Free and allergic to cinnamon. The staff knew this in advance (because I emailed them) and went out of their way to make special food for him. The chef came out to our table many many times to make sure we liked the special meals and to ask if we wanted anything different. Our son loved his food the entire week!

Kids: They treat kids like gold at this place. When we walked into our suite, there was a stuffed turtle, a kid sized tshirt, and his name spelled out in foam toys on the bed. There was also a gluten-free brownie with his name written on it, a kids sized toothbrush and toothpaste, and a kids sized bathrobe! At almost every meal we went to, they brought him a coloring book and crayons, and sometimes other toys as well. Sometimes I would order him something completely random at lunch like: sliced cheddar cheese, a peeled sliced apple, mashed potatoes and chocolate milk in a sippy cup. They made everything perfectly and never questioned me! They also never charged me for most of his food...

Spa: We each had 2 deep tissue massages at the spa that were perfect. The spa is gorgeous...

Honeymooners: The entire time we were there, my husband and I kept saying what a great place this would be for a honeymoon. If you get one of the ocean front suites, you have complete privacy on your balcony to skinny dip in your pool or any other clothing optional activities you can come up with. Its the kind of place that you want to stay at forever and do nothing while you are there. My husband also said that the adults only pool was perfect!

Overall: Do not hesitate ONE INSTANT before booking a trip to the Four Seasons Punta Mita. You will not want to leave once you are there!

Room Tip: Splurge for an ocean front suite....they are the only rooms with a private pool and complete and tot...
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
2 Thank mamalcho
Orange County
Reviewed June 9, 2013 via mobile

I am honestly surprised by some of the negative reviews for the Four Seasons. My husband and I just returned from a week+ at the hotel and look forward to a return trip. The staff was fantastic!

Room - our room was very well appointed with a beautiful view of the ocean. The rooms are quite large and had a sofa as well as table with two chairs.

Amenities - the Nuna pool has beautiful views of the ocean and one can often see iguanas from the edge. We chose to use the day beds at the beach which was kept cool by the sea breeze and a quick walk up to the pool. The adult pool is nice but with no views we didn't use it. There are water activities and a game room so everyone can stay busy.

Food - I was pleasantly surprised at how good the food was here. Aramara was a great restaurant. We loved the crispy shrimp, sushi rolls, and hot rock beef. Bahia reopened on our last night and we ended with a great meal there. The seafood was very fresh. Don't pass up the fish tacos or shrimp quesadilla beach side. We also ate at Rosa Mexicana and Casa Teresa in town and would recommend both.

Service - everyone was very helpful throughout our stay. We enjoyed nightly drinks at Aramara (they have live music) and they quickly learned our favorites. The bell hops, front desk, concierge, and house keeping services all catered to our every need.

Only nit pick is that you have to pay a taxi to get in town. It is only 90 pesos but would be nice to have free shuttle service.

We had friends that stayed at the St. Regis during the same time so we spent time at both properties. . Hands down, our experience at the Four Seasons was better. The service was crisper, the food better, and the hotel better maintained.

Great job Four Seasons!

Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank ocaggie
Stratford, Connecticut
Reviewed June 6, 2013

I just returned from my stay at the Four Seasons and it was fantastic. The staff at the resort are very accommodating. There were no bad attitudes, just smiles and incredible customer service. We were in the room 900 series rooms - Tortuga so it was a nice close walk to the lobby and restaurants. The sound of the waves crashing against the reef (which appeared to be lit, because I could see it well past 2 am) was incredible to hear and see from my bed.

The adult pool was wonderful. I even enjoyed the lazy river. There were children present and I although I am far too big for the inner-tubs, but my husband and I had a blast. The serene quiet on the back side of the lazy river was nice and mango slushees make you feel like a kid again. The fish tacos at Ketsi are as good as all the reviews say that they are.

The room was extremely clean. I bring cleaning supplies because I like a long bath and cannot trust that any tubs are clean. In wiping down the tub, I did not find one speck of dirt. Not one. The bath products are also top notch.

If there was one issue, it would be the birds at Ketsi. I didn't mind them, but my husband was not a fan of sharing his space with the birds during breakfast and 2 lunches there. I did however see a hummingbird, much to my delight. The "concha" pastries at the buffet were perfection.

I also enjoyed the Tequila lecture and tasting. 15 minutes less of lecture would have made it perfect, although he was extremely knowledgeable about Tequila. The spa was heavenly and Rodolfo provided us with a scenic trip in the golf cart on our last ride as we checked out. This resort is truly a slice of heaven.

Room Tip: Tortuga ocean view room 2nd floor - 914 has a quiet location and a nice view (through the trees) of...
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank CT_Stephanie
Southlake, Texas
Reviewed June 5, 2013

We have been 6 times and never disappointed. An easy travel destination from Texas. We are foodies and very picky about what we eat. Two thumbs UP! The food was fabulous at each sitting. The staff makes you feel like your part of their family. We really enjoy the privacy, and the secluded quietness of this resort. If you want a place to go plant your body and be pampered all day long than go.

Room Tip: Stay on the south side if your an adult so you are closer to the private adult pool.
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
Iberostar Playa Mita
Iberostar Playa Mita
#3 of 11 in Punta de Mita
Grand Palladium Vallarta Resort & Spa

Been to Four Seasons Resort Punta Mita? Share your experiences!