“Did not disappoint! Can't wait for next year!”

Four Seasons Resort Punta Mita
Ranked #2 of 11 Hotels in Punta de Mita
Reviewed January 8, 2013

My family of 5 (3 kids ages 14,11&6) stayed dec.27 for 10 wonderful days. We have stayed at other five star resorts throughout the Caribbean and Mexico. By far the FS Punta Mita exceeded the others. The property is simply gorgeous, the scenery and beaches are stunning. The room was clean and spacious however we were offered an upgrade to a suite for 6 of our 10 nights upon our arrival for a nominal charge. The property was full through the holiday season however the front desk had it arranged within a few minutes. All our children had a fantastic time from surfing everyday to whale watching. The staff snd management were just amazing and were so helpful and attentive. The pool staff knew our names after the first day and had our favorite spot reserved for us every morning without even asking them. The kids club was lots of fun and very easy for our daughter to come and go as we pleased. I have read some reviews regarding the high cost of the food and was confused. We found the food to be fairly priced considering we were in a luxury hotel and thought the quality was excellent. I'm not sure where these others reviewers eat on a regular basis but I did not find the cost higher than restaurants we eat at home in Toronto. Four seasons punta mita exemplifies you get what you pay for! I highly recommend this resort and in fact we booked our trip there for New Years 2013 before we left on Sunday. We can't wait to return!

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled with family
John O, General Manager at Four Seasons Resort Punta Mita, responded to this reviewResponded January 23, 2013

DearLisaMacDermid,

How lovely to read your family based comments about your recent stay in paradise at Four Seasons Punta Mita and genuinley happy we exceeded your expectaionsin all arenas. We were busy during the Festive season with a large amount of very happy families in our Virtuouso award winning Family Resort. We always try and maintain as you describe it a "fairly priced" value based proposition that is fair to everyone. Our family/staff are truly our greatest asset and no greater gift for them being that you all have booked again for next year!...looking forward to seeing you in person again at Bahia and at the party in the paradise of Punta Mita...have a great year...smiles...John

Reviewed January 4, 2013

My 25th anniversary was spent with a week at Punta Mita. The attention to detail exhibited by all of the staff is unbelieveable. You are always greeted with a kind word and a smile. My first trip to the beach I realized that I did not have a strap for my sunglasses. When I asked Julio if the gift shop sold the straps, he said not to worry and took his strap off of his glasses and placed them on mine. This type of service continued for my entire visit. To the staff at Punta Mita, I say, "Mucias Gracias". I will be back!!!

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed December 31, 2012

5 of us stayed for Thanksgiving weekend. Their hospitality is excellent and the resort is quiet and peaceful but there are enough activities to entertain everyone in the family. This was the third time for me to stay here. Service and facility stays good or better but they are becoming more expensive every time.

It was very helpful that they have laundry facility in every building. The dining experience is just excellent. I met a young executive chef of Aramara. She is very creative and talented. I am very picky about how Japanese traditional ingredients used in international cuisine, but I would give her big "star" for that.

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank Tatambo
John O, General Manager at Four Seasons Resort Punta Mita, responded to this reviewResponded January 4, 2013

Dear Tatamlo,

Thank you for taking the time to share with us your positive experience during your Thanksgiving Family weekend with us in paradise. Families is what we do really well according to our writers in Trip Advisor and so as you can imagine we were delighted in last October to receive the award from Virtuoso to be the provider of the best family program in the world. That is a credit to our amazing family members who always go the extra mile for all our guests. We also always try and remain relevant; whether it is laundry facilities in each building or innovative food preparation, which you experienced first hand in Aramara restaurant with our dynamic Chef Claudia. It all weaves together to creat memories of a joyous patina. Please come back and visit us soon...smiles.

Gaeneral Manager

Reviewed December 31, 2012

This is our second visit ti the beautiful four seasons, punta mita. this resort understands service from the moment one steps inside the van from the airport--cold towels and colder water bottles await! Aside from the divine mango margaritas upon arrival at the hotel--our room had a welcome back selection of gluten free cupcakes and gluten free corn chips with guacamole!

The main reason we returned to this particular resort is because the staff here is a well oiled machine. From the bus boy who was very knowledgeable about food allergy to the extremely attentive wait staff to the chef who personally delivered every breakfast and lunch--i had complete confidence that my food allergic child would be safe at the four seasons in punta mita.

The spa, beach, pool, lobby, kids center and restaurants are all really spectacular- beautiful and indigenous to the environment. The rooms are also beautiful but in need of some restoration- the bathrooms in particular could use some spiffing up.

Breakfast is a lavish buffet containing everything a person could possibly want. Lunch is offered at a few places around the resort--also with a varied menu. We choose to stay on property for dinner--mainly because of the food allergy and my trust in the staff at the resort to prepare a safe meal. There are three restaurants to choose from for dinner--all equally divine with the best service! Four Seasons continues with the best quality service in Punta Mita!

1  Thank linda f

Dear Linda F,

How lovely that you returned to the paradise of Punta Mita for the Festive season; and that it truly was! We are blessed with an amazing cast of Mexcian characters who are truly; in your own words "well oiled". When I frist visited the Resort thrteen years ago; I was struck by the mango margaritas and the amazing family staff. For us; whatever your needs are is what we want to deliver; if its gluten free; a special food preparation; our mission is to deliver and exceed. Thanks Linda for coming back and allowing us to exceed!...come back and visit us again soon...You can delay paradise but you cannot deny itsmiles.

Reviewed December 27, 2012

Stayed here for 4 nights in October and absolutely everything was top notch. At Punta Mita they do what the Four Seasons do best...treat you as if you are the most important person at the resort, (even though it is likely you aren't:). Stayed at many 4 and 5 star hotels, and this knocks the socks off any of them...can not wait to come back. This will be the bar all other beach resorts must towards in my book. Well done all who work at the Four Seasons Punta Mita!!!

Room Tip: We had the suite closest to the infinity pool area, directly across from the lazy river pool....abso...
  • Stayed: October 2012, traveled on business
1  Thank Monica L

Dear Minnimoo,

Lovely reading your communication as the General manger of the Resort. On behalf of all our family members we thank you for thinking we are top notch and that we redefine the standard for Resort excellence globally. We take your comments humbly and with sincere pride. Come back and visit us soon...you can delay paradise but you cannot deny it...smiles.

Reviewed December 26, 2012

We had dinner there for Christmas, and although we are not strangers to anything - the restaurant was just way too expensive to justify. The least expensive glass of red wine was @ US $24 for local wine. The dinners, without any anything accompanying them, started at US $35 and were overly bland and a bit boring. It seemed to me that price was the quotient and if you could afford it, you weren't bright enough to know it wasn't worth it.

2  Thank happyfeet51

Dear Happyfeet51,

Obviously on this occasion we did not make your feet happy while you were in the paradise of Four Seasons Punta Mita. I am saddened that we did not meet your expectations and I will review our pricng strategy in food and beverage with our family members. Thank you for bringing it to my attention and I hope I can meet you in peson next time you come to our Resort.

Reviewed December 26, 2012

Resort was wonderful, food excellent and staff were perfect. Resort was one of the best I've stayed at. Everyone is friendly and they all know you by name which was a nice touch. Lots of amenities and things to do. Local town is a bit remote, but we had a ton of stuff to do at the resort so never went.

Room Tip: They are all good from what I saw.
  • Stayed: December 2012, traveled on business

Dear Mike H,

So happy that we are one of the best hotels'resorts you have ever stayed at. We have a beautiful modern product; with all our rooms having been refurbished 3 months ago. The main difference and differentiating factor between us and our competition is our exceptional family members who go beyond the call of duty each and every day wth their friendliness and effeciency and the food as you noted is pretty amazing also! Come back and vist us soon Mike...smiles.

Also consider these accommodations in or near Punta de Mita
Grand Palladium Vallarta Resort & Spa
Grand Velas Riviera Nayarit
Grand Velas Riviera Nayarit
#1 of 28 in Nuevo Vallarta

Been to Four Seasons Resort Punta Mita? Share your experiences!