“Fabulous dinner on the rock!” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Four Seasons Resort Punta Mita

Four Seasons Resort Punta Mita
Ranked #2 of 11 Hotels in Punta de Mita
Branford, Connecticut
“Fabulous dinner on the rock!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 20, 2012

The Four Seasons in Punta Mita is an amazing place. Just when I thought I had experienced everything, my wife totally surprised (it was our anniversary!) me by having dinner set up on the point, a huge rocky peninsula jutting out into the ocean in front of the Four Seasons resort. The food was exceptional, the service was subtle and perfect. We sat down, and we were enjoying a glass of Champagne when the skies opened-up, it was magical running for cover, hiding from the rain...then it abruptly stopped, the skies cleared and we enjoyed a beautiful sunset and a great dinner. I can't imagine a more special and wonderful place, just amazing.

Room Tip: Cliff side, overlooking the ocean, great afternoon breezes.
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
adames188, Manager at Four Seasons Resort Punta Mita, responded to this review, August 24, 2012
Dear PMRes,

Thank you for those very kind and generous comments. We are very fortunate to have such fortune of having a natural rock where we can provide an unforgettable experience to our guests and give them a taste of Paradise! We hope this is the first of many visits for you with us. We are truly humbled by your recognition!

Humbly yours,

Jose Adames
Resort Manager

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (409)
Phoenix, Arizona
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 14, 2012

We spent the last weekend at this Four Seasons. In a word: Glorious. I choose this place for a weekend getaway from the 115 F temps in Scottsdale. It's a quick 2+ hour flight and a 40 minute drive making the trip non onerous for a short trip. I booked an Ocean Front suite set high up on a bluff with unimpeded ocean views and was upgraded to a Beach Front suite a stones throw from the pacific, just past large mature shade trees. Room 1403 for reference. Could not have worked out any better. Taking a step back, the hotel offered car service for an additional fee to and from the resort. This really helped ensure our trip to the Four Seasons would be care free.
The grounds, the service, the food, all excellent. We spent most of our days lounging on beach chairs or hammock just outside our suite. Sometime after sunset we would wonder up to one of the restaurants on the property for dinner (Bahia was our favorite), then up to the bar for a tequila and a Cohiba. Glorious. We will return.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank jbdmd
San Francisco
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 13, 2012

The hotel is certainly nice and the service is very good. But prices in the restaurants are ridiculous. Espresso $7, breakfast buffet $38, dinner entree $40. It is clearly extortion, because most people dont have cars and cant get away easily.

Rent a car or grab a cab and go to the nearest village, it might not be that fancy, but it will be as good and 1/4th the price.

• Stayed August 2012
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
2 Thank thomasd57
adames188, Manager at Four Seasons Resort Punta Mita, responded to this review, August 25, 2012
Dear Thomasd57,

Thank you for your note regarding the service and staff, we truly appreciate the recognition. We were sad to see we did not exceed your expectations in the food and beverage area and that your were not satisfied with the prices. I would love the opportunity to speak to you furter about this at your convenience. Please feel free to contact me at jose.adames@fourseasons.com.

I look forward to meeting you soon.

Jose Adames, Resort Manager
Austin, Texas
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 9, 2012

This is the second time my husband and I visit this resort. The first time (2008) we were there by ourselves and during the winter and we were able to see the whales from the main pool.
This time, we brought our 1 year old baby girl on July. We paid for an upgrade suite which gave us an spectacular view of the beach and we had our own plunge pool and a hammock. In the crib for our baby they spelled her name with bath sponges, had a cookie done with her name and provided toiletries for the baby in addition to a few swimmers diapers.
We spent most of our day in the beach rather than the pool or big pools, or lazy river.. ( we saw a few drunk people being obnoxious in this last one) , we got a bed/cabana and the bar was just behind us. The ocean was really nice to swim in, our baby loved floating in the ocean.
The service as always, was out of this world, very attentive staff. I loved the Punta Mita ceviche for lunch, it was so fresh and delicious. One day I ordered the lobster tacos, but they had to bring them from the restaurant since they don’t usually serve them at the beach .
You need to go to dinner to the restaurant by the beach BAHIA and bring your camera! You’ll have the most beautiful setting for couples or family pictures, the food there was also really good.
We hired a nanny a couple of times Adriana and she was very good by taking our baby to the kids club to play.
We visited the St Regis for dinner one night at the Carolina restaurant, the ambience is pretty nice, a little pricey but the meal is all you expect to get for what you paid for… perfect for a date night.. no kids here.
I wish they had more golf carts or at least bicycles to provide to customers to move around., it is quite a walk to move around… and I’m an avid workout person, but not when in 100 degrees and humid outside ( and the baby). We had bright sunny days weather despite the weather forecast for 60% chances of rain… it rained mostly at night ( late, late night).
We had the tequila massage, I loved it.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank claudillita
John O, General Manager at Four Seasons Resort Punta Mita, responded to this review, October 18, 2012
Dear Austinites,

It was wonderful that you came back home to Punta Mita with your little one year old bundle of light and love. We are an incredibly romantic Resort as you found out no doubt on your maiden visit to us. We are also recognised by the marketing Conortium called Virtuoso as being the most children relevant Resort in the world; an award that we won in August at their annual symposium in Las Vegas last month. Sadly you missed the whale watching on this visit as we slip into this season in a few week time.

Wonderful to hear your comments about the tequila massage, lazy river and not forgetting one of my favorites which I actually had for lunch today; the Punta Mita Ceviche!!!!...out of this world.

We look forward to having you back with us in hopefully the not too distant future to the Four Seasons Punta Mita; The Resort for all seasons and that caters for all guests.

John O'Sullivan
General Mangaer
Brossard, Canada
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 9, 2012

This place is great , Awesome view on the ocean , great restaurant on site 2 beautiful golf course also on site. The people are so nice and friendly, very helpful the service was amazing.

I would recommend that place to anyone who wants to relax and be treated like a king or a queen

• Stayed May 2012
Dear Tinjoker,

Your vote of confidence is truly an honor! I have to believe all of your frieds and family want to be treated like kings and queens, so send them on over to us!! When are you coming back to Paradise?!
Allendale, New Jersey
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 8, 2012

I traveled here with my husband and two teenagers and had a fabulous vacation! The property is beautiful, the staff is excellent, and the food is fantastic. The Nuna pool was great and the staff provided little surprises throughout the day. The Tamai pool complex was quiet and relaxing, and the lazy river was really popular with families with smaller kids. There are 4 restaurants to choose from, and all were very good. My husband and my son really enjoyed the golf course, while my daughter and I loved the spa. This is definitely a property we will visit again!

• Stayed November 2011, traveled with family
Uppsala, Sweden
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 7, 2012

Ok someone told me that Four Seasons did something different and that I could expect a great stay at their hotels – and now I think I know what they mean... Four Seasons Punta Mita is not just 5 stars – its 5+++ in every way – and yes they do something different, they exceed expectations probably every day, and they did indeed succeed with making me and my spouse very happy with our long weekend stay.
Ok so as I said – can’t help to rave about it - the service at this hotel is great; it was obvious the staff is happy to work there and clearly enjoyed taking care of their guests. The rooms were great, poolarea beautiful, and the food was amazing – do not miss to order the catch of the day – where you actually pick your fish in the morning at the beach! The chef is preparing it as you wish for the same night. We loved eating this great meal and watching the sunset at the same time – just fantastic. I can highly recommend this hotel and this experience make me look forward to another Four Season stay in another part of the world as well. Thank you Four Season Punta Mita!

• Stayed April 2012, traveled as a couple
Dear Maria,

It filled my heart with joy to hear you rave about your experience! The sunsets and the catch of the day will be hear awaiting you for your anticipated return! Thank you for your words, our staff does not tire of reading them and taking joy in what they do!

Jose Adames, Resort Manager