“A Must in Punta de Mita”

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Punta de Mita
Hotel La Quinta del Sol
Ranked #5 of 11 Hotels in Punta de Mita
Reviewed October 9, 2012

There is an ethereal quality that you'll find at some hotels -- whether they're roadside motels or five-star luxury resorts -- that lets you know you're in the hands of thoughtful, astute caretakers. You'll know it when your needs are addressed before you even know you have them, when there is a warm and easy rapport with the staff, and when the layout and physical features have been well-thought out, designed and kept up.

La Quinta is that place.

Take in mind the other advantages of La Quinta -- the location, the beautiful stretch of beach out front, the proximity to great food and drink, the cleanliness and organization -- and you've got one of the best experiences in Punta Mita (or Sayulita, for that matter).

And... the surf is always good! Rami and Larissa make it easy for guests of all ability, from beginner to expert, to get out there and tap in (and their prices on board rentals and pangas are better than most).

An excellent experience whether for a few nights in PV or a few weeks. We'll be back again soon, without a doubt.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled as a couple
LarissaandRami, General Manager at Hotel La Quinta del Sol, responded to this reviewResponded October 31, 2012

Hola, thanks so much for your thoughtful review. It made us feel warm and fuzzy inside! We're glad that you enjoyed your stay and we look forward to seeing you again soon!

There are newer reviews for Hotel La Quinta del Sol

Reviewed October 1, 2012

We absolutely loved staying at Hotel La Quinta del Sol. My wife and I both agree that it was one of the most relaxing 4 day holiday's we've taken, and also really fun.

What makes this place special is are a number of things, I'll try to separate them so you get a good picture...

The managers: Rami and Larissa are great. I called them to check if they had space and if the surf was good. After a 15 minutes I was pretty sure this was the place to stay (my wife thought I was talking to one of my friends). If you have any questions or need to arrange anything, they will go out of their way to help you. We went out to dinner with them and other guests the first night, and go back and the AC was on in our room. Little details make me dream of going back next week!

The rooms: I really like the beds. I slept great and so did my wife. But the best part is the size of the room. They are quite large, and the one we stayed in had an open kitchen. Also, they give you a 5 gallon water dispenser, so you don't need to worry about buying bottled water, and you can refill your own water bottles and put them in your fridge. Hmm, bathroom is fine, not the greatest. Their drying racks and seating on the porch / walkways is really relaxing. Just sit outside your room and watch the waves.

Families: The family who was staying downstairs had a babysitter who the hotel managers arranged. She was great. The 10 month old loved his sitter, and that gave them time to play in the water with their 6 year old. Also, at nights, they had no issues with paying five bucks an hour and leaving them at the home with the sitter. She was there every day...

Surf: I think there were two local surf shops. We saw them giving lessons right in front of the hotel! This is a fun smaller size wave that kids will have a blast on, and adults learning to surf will also enjoy. I rode them on the longboard, and quite a few times we had nice, almost head high sets come through by the rocks in back. I think it is not very windy there often, they called it a "cove" which gave us pretty glassy waves the whole trip. The other great thing, is that Rami and Larissa also know all the spots to ride. They can arrange boats to take you to other breaks if needed, or you can rent a car like we did and drive to other spots. The surf shops in town can also probably help.

Town: Ok, maybe this should come sooner, but we loved Punta de Mita. I'd guess there are at least 8 restaurants along the "strip" which is about 1.5 blocks from the hotel. You go down a washed out road and you are there. These restaurants were very good and no health concerns (even the ice is OK). I'd look for their homemade salsa's. They take a stone bowl and roasted tomatoes and peppers, and mash them up at your table! Delicious, I love to make guacamole and salsa, and theirs was was seriously good. Talk to the managers, and they will set you strait, but the point is that there is really good affordable food to be had!

Beach: The beach is directly across from the hotel. There is a road you have to cross, but there was no traffic on it, maybe 5-10 cars a day. The hotel has a "beach club" which has chairs, tables, hammocks, and shade. You can order fish tacos to the beach club, and bring cold beers. Seriously relaxing... The beach was very clean and soft sand. There are rocks, but if you go in front of the condos to the left, it has a sandy bottom, so great for everybody.

Transportation: We rented a car from Puerto Vallarta driving around was very easy and not crazy like other parts of Mexico. It was pretty easy to get to Punta De Mita, but a little harder to get to the hotel from the town (if you find the harbor, you are less than a block away, but to drive is tricker. Rami can explain if you have a phone.

Area: We were originally looking for a place in Sayulita, but after talking on the phone to Rami we made the right choice. Punta De Mita has everything you need, without the "backpacker" scene.

I've already recommend this hotel to my friends, and I'm hoping for another trip soon!

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled as a couple

Hola Setheeee, Thanks so much for the great review. We appreciate you mentioning Ozmara, the wonderful baby-sitter that we work with here at the hotel. She's a trustworthy and responsible option for families who want a little extra help during the day or a break at night. We're also happy to hear that you had such a wonderful vacation. We look forward to seeing you again soon!

Reviewed October 1, 2012

La Quinta Del Sol is not the luxury spa or resort so if room service and a bar downstairs is your desire there are other places that do that. It is instead as unique as Punta Mita itself. It has very nice rooms and the management of Rami and Lauresa make it a special experience. People come to Mita to surf or fish or just explore the Mexican countryside, the night life is in Vallarta. La Quinta is perfect for just relaxing or for a base to surf or go on fishing or other expeditions. I wish I had used the kitchen more its nice to just get a cold dring from the refrigerator or make a quick breackfast or snack. It feels homey and I suggest that having some coffee or tea which great to have as you sit on the patio watching the Ocean. All rooms have great ocean views and the roof top area is all set up to barbeque and have a group event/party. Like I said it would make a great setting for a novel. Many European, American, and Canadians visit and the mix is as romantic as Casa Blanca.

Room Tip: Higher floor has best views and a bit quitter.
  • Stayed: September 2012, traveled solo

Hola Sean, We agree this would be a great setting for a novel...the waves crashing along the beach in front, the sun setting over the mountains and the palm trees swaying in the wind set a perfect scene for any tropical tale. Thanks so much for the great review!

Reviewed September 30, 2012

I was in Punta De Mita to fish for a few days and didn't need a resort or resort size bill. This hotel is perfect for those that are active and spend most of the day out and about. Seems to be mostly surfers and fishermen that use the hotel which is perfect. No hard partying types that make sleeping difficult at times. It is clean and exceptionally friendly place to come back to at the end of the day. Rami and Larissa are two of the nicest people you could meet and they are there to help you in any way. I will gladly stay here again and recommend this place to friends.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled solo

Hola Miami Ron, You're absolutely right, Punta de Mita is a great place for fishing and the hotel is centrally located close to the marina which is convenient for fishermen heading out early in the morning and bringing their weighty catch back later in the day. Thanks so much for the wonderful review.

Reviewed September 17, 2012

If you want a quiet place away from the hustle and bustle of the typical tourist city, this is the place. Rami and Larissa, the hotel managers, are eager to help you plan whatever excursion you would like, from setting up a snorkeling trip to the nearby islands, offering a map and instructions on taking the bus to Puerto Vallarta, to personally taking you to a surf spot... and surfing with you.

There is not a restaurant at the hotel, but there are plenty of choices just up the road from upscale to your typical taco shop. Rami personally shuttled us (my sister and I) to the airport in Puerto Vallarta and graciously facilitated a stop at the Mega grocery store on the way to the hotel so we could prepared some of our own meals and keep expenses down.

All in all, it was a pleasant wind-down week with plenty of activities thrown in on a whim. I would definitely come back in the future if I'm looking to visit Mexico again.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled with family
LarissaandRami, General Manager at Hotel La Quinta del Sol, responded to this reviewResponded September 24, 2012

Thanks so much for the great review. We're happy to hear that you had a relaxing trip but still got to experience some of the fun activities that Punta de Mita and the Bay of Banderas have to offer. We hope to see you again soon!

Reviewed September 10, 2012

It is rare that I find a place that makes me start to relax the moment I get there. From the airport pickup to the rest of my SHORT 5 nights stay it was wonderful.
Rami picked me up at the airport with two cold beers in tow I might add; and I immediately felt like I was meeting up again with an old friend.
He showed me around the village pointing out different places to eat and then when he got to the hotel Larissa greeted me and they both showed me around the hotel. They have thought of everything and certainly have it going on and know what they are doing.
The room is equipped with anything you might need and if you do need something I'm sure that Rami or Larissa would 'make it happen'. The beds and linen is the best I've ever slept in, in the tropics.
The beach is literally a minutes walk away and you couldn't ask for a better view.
If I had to say one bad thing about this place it would be that I couldn't stay longer and that certainly is not the resorts fault. : )

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled with friends
1  Thank KathyS4

Hola Kathy, We're happy to hear that you felt so comfortable from the moment you arrived -- that's definitely one of the things we strive for! Thanks for the wonderful review. We look forward to hopefully seeing you again soon!

Reviewed August 16, 2012

Sleepy fishing village, with an occasional fruit truck honk, couple of tiny markets, few taco stands, friendly inhabitants, and some great restaurants. Most charming place overlooking the ocean, nicely decorated, extraordinary clean spacious rooms, open verandas with lounge chairs, tables and fans, great outdoor showers, buggy boards, beach club, and a rooftop with shady palapas, hammocks, and fantastic view. Two one-of-a-kind hosts, Remi & Larissa, will make your stay a super easy and enjoyable one. Make sure you arrange airport pick up with them, and get a cold bear, good story and a glimpse of the village and surroundings along the way; let them talk you into going snorkeling to the Marietta Islands, surfing with Jose, zip line, or visit nearby town of Saulita. Trust their recommendations for a place to eat, and make sure you try it all, a best taco stand in town, grilled fish at Oscar's or a fine romantic dinner at Si Señor (and don't miss full mariachi band on Thursdays at Rosa's). And once the sun goes down and you are swaying in the hammock underneath a fan on the veranda, staring at the vast darkness of the ocean, sipping your margarita, look for the cutest geckos on the ceiling talking to each other in the funniest loudest clicking sounds. It's a perfect place for couples, friends, or family with kids. It's a place to meet nice people. Check hotel's website for helpful information or just email your questions to them. Stay longer! You don't have to prepare for this trip, Remi & Larissa will take good care of you and they will make you miss them and want to come back once you are gone!

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank SNatalia
LarissaandRami, General Manager at Hotel La Quinta del Sol, responded to this reviewResponded September 1, 2012

What a great review and incredible description of the wonderful town of Punta de Mita...thank you so much! It was great to meet you and your family and we're happy to hear that you so enjoyed yourselves! We look forward to your return!!

Also consider these accommodations in or near Punta de Mita
#3 of 11 in Punta de Mita
Four Seasons Resort Punta Mita
Four Seasons Resort Punta Mita
#2 of 11 in Punta de Mita

Been to Hotel La Quinta del Sol? Share your experiences!