The St. Regis Punta Mita Resort
Like saving money? We search up to 200 sites for the lowest prices
  • Pool
Hotel Meson de Mita(Punta de Mita)
View Hotel
Casa De Mita(Punta de Mita)
View Hotel
Iberostar Playa Mita(Punta de Mita)
  • Breakfast included
View Hotel
Imanta Resort(Punta de Mita)
  • Breakfast included
2,033 results
All reviewssea breezeoutdoor showerbutler servicepunta mitaremede spachampagne ritualfour seasonsdeluxe suitemarine safaripersonal butlerthe general managerwalk in closetspg platinumiced teasi senorcasa teresafish tacos
FilterAll languages
Reviewed February 17, 2011

My Husband and I love the St. Regis in Punta MIta. We have been going there since it opend and have been 6-7 times. It is easy to get to and you are pampered from the moment you arrive until the minute you drive out the gates!
Terrific food, lots of variety...always good for 5lbs by the time we leave.
The rooms/suites are imaculate and stunning. Love to colapse in those comfy beds!!!
There are several pools so you can always find a private place to relax. The beach is lovely, staff bend over backwards to take care of you. Its a very civilized environment yet, you can truely relax.
Lots to do with the 2 world class golf courses and tennis courts. Wonderful gym and spa too!! We are going back again next month and can't wait.

• Stayed: February 2011, traveled as a couple
catiraPalma, Director of Sales at The St. Regis Punta Mita Resort, responded to this reviewResponded February 26, 2011

Dear rcolterjohn
thank you very much for your feedback, that we gladly share with our staff. We are always happy to have you here and are looking forward to your next visit!
Warm regards from paradise - Melanie Schneider
melanie.schneider@stregis.com

Reviewed February 17, 2011

I went with a group of friends and this place was great. We were great at check in with champagne and easy check in and got better from there. The rooms were big and the outside showers were great. We got to know the new general manager Carl and he is very nice and involved with making our stay great.

• Stayed: January 2011
Management response:Responded February 20, 2011

Dear Sir,

Greetings from The St Regis Punta Mita Resort - on behalf of the team here in Punta Mita we thank you for taking the time to share your comments regarding the recent stay you and your friends had with us. I will share this with the team. We hope to welcome you all back soon.
Carl Emberson

Reviewed February 15, 2011

Our family had the most incredible vacation this past holiday at the St. Regis, Punta Mita. The place itself is breathtaking and everything that is done is at that incredibly high level.

First and foremost is the staff. From the second we registered they were there to take care of everything for us. We were offered refreshing beverages and even a quick back massage. Our Butlers provided efficient and knowledgeable service and were always extremely discrete.

We found the rooms/suites to be beautifully decorated and even offered wonderful outdoor showers in addition to the indoor shower. Walking from our rooms to the beach area was always a joy. The landscaping and attention to detail in all of the walkways and buildings was incredible.

Our family included children aged 3, 8 and 11. The pool area and the staff at the Kid's Club were incredibly "kid friendly" and always watching to make sure that the kids were safe in the water.

The breakfasts each morning were fantastic! The courteous and knowledgeable staff greeted us warmly and always remembered what each of us enjoyed in the morning. This is not an easy task with little children. The French Press coffee was the best we had ever had. Nothing that we requested was ever a problem. The staff seems to have been recruited based upon their people skills and then were trained to believe that they make the vacation and the return vacations of the guests.

The physical beauty of the entire property is absolutely breathtaking. The plan was to allow guests to see natural beauty with every glance. The attention to detail in the rooms, the lobby, the gym, the paths, the pools, the fire pits, the bars, the spa, and all of the restaurants is what sets the St. Regis apart from the rest.

We found the restaurants to be decorated and staffed in the finest manner possible. We enjoyed many wonderful meals in all of the restaurants. The food was always prepared beautifully and served professionally. Nothing was ever left to chance.

Among the highlights were getting to know the staff. Carl, the General manageer had his finger on the pulse of the hotel and is determined to learn from each guest's experience to enhance what is a truly phenomenal resort.

I must add that the New Year's Eve party was the best we have ever been to. The staff transformed the beach into a spaceage mirage on the ocean. The decorations, entertainment, music, and extraordinary buffet made for a party unlike any other.

We thank you and your staff for such a wonderful experience. We not only look forward to returning but to making sure that our friends come as well to be able to experience such a unique vacation.

Yours truly,

Ronnie Aroesty

• Stayed: December 2010, traveled with family
Management response:Responded March 2, 2011

Dear Arroesty Family,

Greetings from the St Regis Punta Mita Resort. Thank you for your feedback regarding your stay with us over the Festive Season - I and the team here were thrilled to hear you all had such a wonderful time both Adults and Kids. We sincerely hope to welcome you all back at the end of this year where I assure you we will certainly try and better this years great New Years Eve party.

My regards to your family and friends from all of us at the St Regis Punta Mita Resort

Carl Emberson

Reviewed February 9, 2011

My husband and I have traveled quite frequently, staying in 4 or 5 star hotels (including Four Seasons) and boutique hotels for our vacations. I'm definitely a hotel snob. We traveled with another couple this time, so I hoped the St. Regis would be as great. It turned out to be, by far, the greatest vacation I've been on, and the BEST place I’ve ever stayed.

Champagne (Veuve! No less), cool towels and Jorge's enthusiasm greeted us at around 4pm. (I'm going to use a lot of names because let's be honest, it's more the people/service than the place, right? Or at least that's what I learned this trip). The Altamira lobby is open air and looks out onto several pools that step down toward the Pacific "where the heaven kisses the earth." It was breathtaking. Then Hector, our butler (I guess he would be called our "room butler") brought us to our rooms. Hector must be the hardest working butler in this place. He was always there. We would see him in the early morning and late at night. The rooms are hacienda style (4 rooms to a hacienda, each with an outdoor entrance) and feel totally private. They are huge, clean and nicely appointed. The outdoor shower is awesome; the indoor rain head shower was great too (our only complaint....put the rain head shower outside!!). Every room had a balcony or patio. We had the balcony (check out our pics) with a beautiful view of grounds and Pacific. We could see whales as we ate our breakfast here.

The men golfed 2 beautiful courses (we have more pics of the golf than anything else)- Pacifico and Bahia. If you only have time for one...Pacifico is more scenic with the "tail of the whale" hole, which you can only play in low tide, but Bahia was more challenging with undulating greens. My girlfriend and I spent every day on the beach, and the guys met us later.

The pools and beaches were gorgeous and relaxing. It would be an overstatement to say we had the place to ourselves, but that's what it was like! Even as the resort got more crowded toward the end of our weeklong stay, we never had to worry about getting a chaise or excellent service (it was 40% full when we arrived and full when we left). Let me explain great service. I didn't lift a finger. The pool butlers set up our chairs, umbrellas and brought us Mexican treats (not sure how else to describe them) all day long. I felt so guilty one day after a bad burn because I had to stay under the umbrella. They moved the umbrella for me every 15 minutes (as the sun moved)!! If I tried to move it myself, they would run down the beach to stop me. If you’re at the Altamira pool, you can’t go wrong. Juan Carlos and Javier kept us feeling relaxed all day bringing us fruit, the smoothie of the day (one of our favorite moments), cool towels, drinks, or food. At the Sea Breeze, you can count on Ricardo, David or Francisco. These guys worked so hard to make our stay relaxing and comfortable. I honestly hated to see some people treat them poorly. They were so nice and willing to help, why be a jerk? Anyway, sorry about that tangent. We were treated like gold. Never went to the Las Marietas pool because that is the kids’ pool and we were on a couples only vacation. But it looked like it was the nicest! Las Marietas and Altamira pools both had hot tubs also.

We ate dinner at the Sea Breeze the first night and had a fabulous meal, and also the last night and were disappointed. Not sure what the difference was there. In general, the fish is so fresh and tasty. In general, you should probably be a seafood fan to vacation here. That’s all I ever saw when I looked at the menus. For the rest of the trip, we ate dinner in town. We had rented a car to save us the time and expense of getting drivers to and from the airport and hotel (but if you do, they take you in Suburbans or Lincolns…sweet rides). There are three places that are, for the most part, right next to each other where you can’t go wrong. Rosa Mexicano (no relation to the chain)…GREAT service, delicious food, more expensive, but our favorite guacamole. Margarita’s….strongest drinks in town for sure, very slow service, very good food, most inexpensive (my husband says to get the fish soup!!). Si Senors…we went expecting this to be only a bar, but the food was awesome, they had the best margaritas (you determine how strong they are and I loved that touch), and the guac was a close close second to Rosa. Great service also. We ate at Sufis also, which is not in town, but within the Punta Mita community, and after everyone had raved about it were disappointed. Had the paella, which wasn’t really cooked right (the rice and fish are supposed to cook together for an extended time, but they cooked them separately. I’m no chef but I think this was the reason I wasn’t a fan). We had breakfast at the hotel through room service every morning except for one. It didn’t blow me away, but they do a nice job. Our butler Joel (assisted Hector) brought it every morning with a smile. They're always asking if everything is okay and making sure you call them for any little thing you need! We also had the buffet at Las Marietas and that was good too, again, not blowing me away. Get the green juice…wow! Delish!

Everyone says this is the place to do nothing, which is true. Go and relax. But honestly, you could choose to go on many excursions (pricey). Or you could drive into Sayulita or town and negotiate your excursions there if you want! We did go to Sayulita in our vehicle (this was a huge moneysaver..the hotel charges $98 per person). If you go, DON’T miss ROLLIE’S for breakfast!!!! Best pancakes my friend ever had. Rollie and his wife Jeanny treat you like you’re guests in their own home (which, technically, you are because they live upstairs). The place was packed when we arrived at 10:30 on a Wednesday…go figure! They have a cute story. I may review them on here if I can.

A note about the weather. It was windy, but that’s to be expected when you’re at the point where the heaven kisses the earth I guess. During the day it was in the mid to upper 70s. But at night it was cold-upper 50s!! We spent many nights at the Sea Breeze bar or the Altamira lobby bar….wherever Gustavo, our favorite bartender and an all around great guy, was!

Oh! I almost forgot. The spa girls give free 10 -20 minute massages out in front of the Altamira pool. I went twice and loved it so much went to the spa also. The spa was beautiful and the services were outstanding. Even the spa was in an outdoor setting...everything outside here, and why not...it's gorgeous!

This was an outstanding trip all around. I really believe the people make the experience and I’d just have to say that the St. Regis Punta Mita got this absolutely right! With so many places in the world to go, I usually do NOT say I’ll go back to the same place. But this time there is no doubt, WE’LL BE BACK!

• Stayed: February 2011, traveled as a couple
catiraPalma, Director of Sales at The St. Regis Punta Mita Resort, responded to this reviewResponded February 18, 2011

Dear mrnjmn
Thank you so much for taking the time to write this detailed review of our resort and the compliments regarding our staff, you are absolutely right, it is the people who make this paradise so special, and who help us to continously deliver memorable experiences.
We will share this with our associates, and are looking forward to welcoming you soon again!
Best
Melanie Schneider - Director of Sales & Marketing
melanie.schneider@stregis.com

Reviewed February 7, 2011

For the second year in a row, we spent our wedding anniversary at St. Regis Punta Mita. The rooms are fabulous, each with a veranda and an outdoor shower, as well as the usual luxury accommodations and personalized butler service. We did not leave the resort once, instead enjoying the varied menus at the Sea Breeze, Marietas, and Carolina restaurants on the property. Our only complaint is that the exercise room is quite small; we had to wait for use of cardio equipment, and we were there during low-season! We especially appreciate the attentiveness of the staff to the needs of guests on the beach and by the pool.

Management response:Responded February 18, 2011

Dear Sir / Madam

Greetings from the St Regis Punta Mita and thank you so much for taking the time to share your experience regarding your stay with us. I am indeed glad this special occasion for you both proved to be yet again a wonderful experience. This makes us indeed satisifed and we hope to welcome you back on the occasion of your next anniversary. So glad you enjoyed our Food & Beverage outlets and thank you for your comments regarding the workout equipment - I will look into how we can solve that.

Muchas Gracias Carl Emberson