What sets this resort apart in my opinion is the service. Everyone goes out of their way to make things right. It almost seemed like they wanted difficult challenges which we could not come up with. The facilities were in excellent condition, the food was always delicious such that I kept trying different foods for the first time "trusting" the chefs especially at Seabreeze, there were plenty of chairs at the pool and beach, and the golf course looked great. We ate every dinner at Seabreeze (there was plenty of variety) and Vladimir was the best host we have had. I would recommend the breakfast buffet - the best part of waking up there. There is a family pool and adult only pool so everyone could have what they wanted. The resort is quiet and peaceful, there isn't a bar crowd and even the family pool was almost always quiet enough to nap by. We were there during the World Cup and even during the games there were only a handful of people watching. There isn't a heck of a lot to do in the area, but there are a lot of restaurants. I would also note that the kids club isn't really a drop off option until 2-5PM. Before that the activities were by the pool and they wanted you nearby. The kids enjoyed the activities, but sometimes we would sort of recruit other kids to join in so the events would take place. They had several fun activities the kids looked forward to.
My tips include bringing water shoes if you go into the ocean. We got several mosquito bites on the first day, but learned how to avoid them by closing the door quickly and sometimes wearing bug spray at night. I think the majority of bites the first night came from having the door open for so long as the luggage came. We never got bit at the pool or beach or during meals - pretty much only at dusk on our balcony and if one got in the room. The wifi worked well in the room. You don't have to buy any bottled water. Use the butler, a nice service as there is no gift shop. Everyone speaks English fluently. If it's in your budget you can't go wrong with this resort, you'll have a wonderful time. This is now one of our favorite resorts.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Nestled amongst one of the world's most alluring beaches, The St. Regis Punta Mita Resort features 120 exquisite accommodations, thoughtful amenities, and spectacular grounds. The Resort offers an experience that transcends ordinary travel, immersing guests in unsurpassed luxury. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Priceline, Expedia, Hotels.com, Hotwire, Travelocity, Cheap Tickets, getaroom.com, Cancelon, TripOnline SA, Evoline ltd and HotelQuickly so you can book your The St. Regis Punta Mita Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The St. Regis Punta Mita Hotel Punta De Mita
- St Regis Punta De Mita
- St Regis Punta Mita Hotel