“Fabulous resort”

Ranked #1 of 11 Hotels in Punta de Mita
Sausalito
“Fabulous resort”
Reviewed June 30, 2014

While staying in Punta Mita Mexico, we spent some time at the St. Regis Resort and found the experience absolutely spectacular! Excellent service, great food and inviting accomodations fit for a King!

Room Tip: Best time to go is Spring or Fall, but June works if you stay in the shade and spend time in the poo...
  • Stayed June 2014, traveled as a couple
cemberson, General Manager at The St. Regis Punta Mita Resort, responded to this review, July 7, 2014
Dear dswingsing,

Many thanks for taking the time to visit our resort while you were in Punta Mita and for writing a Trip Advisor review. I’m very glad to hear that you enjoyed your time with us and I hope that the next time that you are in Punta Mita that you will stay with us for a few days. We look forward to the opportunity to welcome you back.

With kind regards,
Carl Emberson

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (534)
Alpharetta
Reviewed June 28, 2014

The service and attitude of the staff was what you would expect at a resort like this.
We were there on a special trip with a group - and were greeted personally on arrival by the property GM and margaritas and mountains of spectacular guac!
Entire property is very intimate and private - yet with the personal butler service and attentive staff you were never wanting for anything. We even had 4 Latin American Presidents on site(really) during our stay with hardly a disruption or noise from large party we saw, but never heard in our room.
The location and beach is very secluded without local "sea merchants" peddling wares or services.
Rooms were spacious - and the A/C was powerful enough to turn into igloo if you wanted.
As a unique touch - a giant bathroom was complemented with an outdoor shower option.
The only simple watchouts were painfully slow poolside service (order your first three rounds all at once) and the meeting meal buffet service was "No Vamos".
So, if you're looking for service and a laid back stay worthy of a "Corona Commercial" - the St Regis in Pinta Mita is the place to stay.

Room Tip: Ask for room with Ocean view, on South side of property.
  • Stayed June 2014, traveled on business
1 Thank Randy K
Dear Randy K,

It was a pleasure to welcome you to The St. Regis Punta Mita Resort. Indeed it was an exciting time at the resort while you were here. Thank you for informing me about the slow poolside service. I have already addressed this with the team. We look forward to the opportunity to welcome you back in the future.

My best personal regards,
Indianapolis, Indiana
Reviewed June 27, 2014

We recently stayed at the St. Regis on a company award trip my husband won this year. Normally when traveling, I do a lot of research and planning and reading of reviews but did not have the time to do so this time around. With only gratitude for the trip on my mind, we arrived with no expectations. The resort was incredible. It was exactly what one would anticipate a tropical resort to be and more. At check in, we were greeted with iced chamomile tea and margaritas and a guacamole buffet. Throughout the stay, the staff was friendly and accommodating without being intrusive. The property was maintained very well. We had an ocean view room that also looked out to the Marietas Pool. My favorite part of the room was the outdoor shower and the simplicity of ordering coffee to the room in the morning while enjoying the view. The resort felt intimate, not too big. I always felt like we had a level of privacy and that the area wasn't overly commercialized. Off the resort, we went to an excellent restaurant, Si Senor, which had a great atmosphere and amazing food and unique margaritas. We also visited a small surf town, Sayulita, which I would recommend going. If you do make it there, visit the Blue Bamboo to view the hand carved gord lanterns from Mexico's east coast.

Room Tip: Ocean view
  • Stayed June 2014, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Erin042781
Dear Erin042781,

Congratulations to your husband for winning the trip to The St. Regis Punta Mita Resort with his company. Our resort is certainly a great place for incentive trips. Indeed, the layout of the resort helps maintains a great level of privacy for all of our guests. We hope that you will consider visiting us again for your next vacation.

vancouver
Reviewed June 23, 2014

I stayed at this hotel for a week July, 2013 and had a terrible time since my room was infested with crabs. Apparently, this is crab season so beware if you book a stay at this time of year!!

There are small spaces under the doors into the room, onto the balcony and into the outdoor shower and the crabs get through.

When I found the first crab, I immediately called the front desk and they sent someone to remove it. They told me they found and removed 3 crabs. I wasn't concerned until I found more crabs the next day. This time I thought they must of missed one from the day before, so although I wasn't pleased, I figured the problem had been solved. The next day, we had rain and that caused many more crabs to make their way into my room. This time I realized there was a big problem and I complained. Their solution was to seal the doors with towels, which didn't really work because housekeeping would remove them. When I found one crawling into my bed, I demanded a room on a higher floor.

This is when they finally admitted to me that it was crab season and that's why my room was infested with crabs. They asked me if I was used to travelling to "outdoor locations" where there was nature. Yes, I am! This is why I chose to stay at a 5 star hotel like the St. Regis, which I assumed would have been designed in such a way that crabs (and other creatures) could not enter the room!! I was shocked that they barely apologized and that they did not offer to do anything to help with my distress. I barely slept the night I found the crab crawling into my bed!!

They did (for my last 3 days) move me onto the second floor at my insistence. I did not have problems in this room. The crabs may not climb up that high. I also was careful about sealing the entry points...but even then I was never relaxed, having to check every corner of my room each time I entered.

The crabs are not the really tiny ones you often see at the beach. They are white, larger than quarters and have rather long legs that make a clicking noise as they move across the tiled floors in the room. They hide under the bed, under the bathtub and under the plant potters in the outdoor shower, so it is hard to be certain that your room is clear of them at any given time.

The pool is gorgeous and serene and the food at the restaurants is delciious, but I will never go back to this hotel since it was one of the worst vacation weeks I have ever had. I wanted some r & r and I instead got sleepless nights and anxiety about the crabs.

Room Tip: Avoid the first floor during crab season. If you are stuck on the first floor, ask them to be vigil...
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled solo
10 Thank diamondsnowball
cemberson, General Manager at The St. Regis Punta Mita Resort, responded to this review, June 30, 2014
Dear diamondsnowball,

Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback, albeit a year later. We strive to deliver an exceptional guest experience, however it is apparent in this case that we fell short. I´d like the opportunity to speak with you directly regarding your visit. Kindly contact me at carl.emberson@stregis.com.

Newport Beach, California
Reviewed June 21, 2014

We love this place ! Was there for Memorial Day weekend a couple weeks ago and it was our second time there in a year period. The grounds, rooms and pools are so beautiful and luxurious! The food and restaurants are great, especially the breakfast buffet, and we especially love hanging out with the other guests for the champagne ritual on Friday ! Don't miss out on that, Good times every time. What makes this property and hotel so great are the friendly staff and GM Mike O'Hara....he makes the experience first class all the way every time we're there and we'll be back for sure because of it! And it was great to see our private butler Efrain again. If you haven't been to St Regis Punta Mita, definitely put it on your "to do" list.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled as a couple
Dear Steve Y,

Thank you for your recent visit and for taking the time to write a review. Indeed, the champagne ritual on Friday nights is not to be missed. It is a great place to mingle with the staff and other guests while enjoying the beautiful sunsets. We look forward to your third visit.

Raleigh, North Carolina
Reviewed June 19, 2014

What more can I say but pure luxury and pure relaxation. This resort was amazing! From the 24 hour butler service, to the cozy rooms and long list of items to do all in within the resort it really was like an "all inclusive" feel without the standard all inclusive rates and "cheapy" feel. The golf courses on the property were outstanding, the views were great, the staff was great the food was great - I could go on and on. Definitely a place to visit and stay and a place where we will be visiting again!

• Stayed January 2014, traveled as a couple
cemberson, General Manager at The St. Regis Punta Mita Resort, responded to this review, June 28, 2014
Dear TheGlobetrotter77,

Thank you for your recent visit and for taking the time to write a review. Indeed, the golf courses in Punta Mita are outstanding. I’m glad that you enjoyed the many activities that are available on property along with the breath taking views. We look forward to your next visit.

Houston, Texas
Reviewed June 10, 2014

This is a first class resort if I've ever seen one. The food everywhere is outstanding. Do not miss the champagne ritual and fish ritual - the latter being their daily introduction of the fresh catch on the beach.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled with friends
2 Thank Metropolis777
cemberson, General Manager at The St. Regis Punta Mita Resort, responded to this review, June 11, 2014
Dear Metropolis777,

Thank you for your recent visit and for taking the time to write a review. I’m glad to read that you enjoyed two of our St. Regis Rituals: Champagne Ritual and Catch of the Day Ritual. I also suggest that our guests enjoy the Mita Mary Ritual and Tea Ritual. I hope we have the opportunity to welcome you back to The St. Regis Punta Mita Resort.

Also consider these accommodations in or near Punta de Mita
#1 of 27 in Nuevo Vallarta
The Royal Suites Punta de Mita
The Royal Suites Punta de Mita
#5 of 11 in Punta de Mita

Been to The St. Regis Punta Mita Resort? Share your experiences!