i was skeptical about this hotel because my wife and i had a disappointing experience at the st regis in princeville, hawaii. its site is spectacular -- probably how they get away with charging +$1,000/night for what is essentially a sheraton hotel room with granite counter tops -- but that's another story for another review. this st regis, the one in punta mita, blew us away. i'm a million years old; my wife and i have traveled extensively throughout the world; we have never encountered better service. we congratulate management here for recruiting an exceptional staff who, genuinely, want you to enjoy your experience. without exception, the personnel we dealt with were helpful, friendly and courteous. our room (5202) was well-equipped and spacious -- it's really more of a suite -- although many rooms in the hotel did have better views. however, since we obtained a very attractive rate, we can't really complain about our view which wasn't bad, it just didn't offer the special water views that are available from other rooms. the hotel is designed intelligently to spread out the guest population. this results in space and privacy. there are three sections, each one with its own pool and beach access, although as a guest you are free to go to any one of the three. the beaches are fine but the sand is not quite as nice as you'll find in other parts of the world and the shore is mostly rocky, so bring rubber beach shoes which will help immensely when entering and leaving the water. there are a fair number of families and children; if you don't want to around youngsters, one of the three pools is adults only. the sea breeze restaurant has a relatively limited menu but the food is well prepared, fresh and tasty. and, of course, the service is outstanding. carolina, the mobil 5 star-rated restaurant was fine, but not exceptional. (our favorite dining experience was actually at the si senor restaurant, in punta mita, outside the st regis complex.) the pool side marietas restaurant's cuisine is more typically mexican. it's open for breakfast and lunch. they will serve you on the beach from here; their club sandwich is a knockout. we don't golf so no comment on the hotel's course. however punta mita expeditions offers a fun "maritime" excursion involving snorkeling, paddle boarding, bird watching and visiting the nearby marieta islands. highly recommended. josue, our guide, was exceptional. also recommended is the expedition's fishing trip (pedro was our outstanding guide for this) where we caught dorado (mahi mahi), huge jack crevelles and a 30 pound rooster fish. my son and daughter-in-law, staying in a condo with her family in nearby hacienda de mita, had a ball with a zip line experience at rancho chaparritas (?), about an hour's drive from the hotel. the only disappointing activity, and a huge one, was the "rain forest" / bird watching walk which, despite guide pepe's best efforts, was an expensive waste of time. (pepe was great; the problem is with the design of the tour itself which is not represented accurately by the tour company.) all these were arranged for us by hilda at the hotel's concierge desk. hilda is a prime example of the hotel's friendly and helpful staff. finally, it didn't hurt that the weather was perfect for every one of our six day visit.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Nestled amongst one of the world's most alluring beaches at the Riviera Nayarit, in a a 1500-acre resort and residential community, The St. Regis Punta Mita Resort is an exquisite luxury resort in Punta de Mita, Mexico. Our property features 120 accommodations, thoughtful amenities, and spectacular grounds. We offer an experience that transcends ordinary travel, immersing guests in unsurpassed luxury. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Starwood, Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, Orbitz, Travelocity, Hotwire, getaroom.com, Evoline ltd, HotelQuickly, TripOnline SA and Cancelon so you can book your The St. Regis Punta Mita Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The St. Regis Punta Mita Hotel Punta De Mita
- St Regis Punta De Mita
- St Regis Punta Mita Hotel