“Top notch!”

Ranked #1 of 11 Hotels in Punta de Mita
São Paulo, São Paulo, Brazil
“Top notch!”
Reviewed November 25, 2013

In my opinion the St Regis Punta Mita resort does the extraordinary: it has managed to exceed the excellent reviews it gets. Apart from the exquisite setting - a tropical beach paradise - and facilities that are impeccable in their good taste and quality, what makes St Regis special is the special way you are treated. The staff are among the friendliest I have ever encountered, willing to do your every bidding with genuine eagerness; nothing is too much trouble. Add to that delicous cuisine, fantastic weather, countless activities and two stunning golf courses. What is there not to like?!

1 Thank Linsey M
cemberson, General Manager at The St. Regis Punta Mita Resort, responded to this review, December 2, 2013
Dear Linsey M,

The bespoke team at St. Regis Punta Mita Resort strives to make every experience extraordinary and I am glad that we exceeded your expectations. I am delighted that you enjoyed the cuisine, weather, activities and golf courses. We hope that you join us again in the future.

Best regards,
Carl Emberson

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (534)
San Ramon, California
Reviewed November 24, 2013 via mobile

Having read so many reviews in advance, I do admit, I'm not sure the hotel could ever live up to all the hype. That being said, I did at times have a very great if not amazing time. However as the week went on, and the hotel got taken over by a law firm hosting an event and a wedding, also at the same time, it was hard to not feel very marginalised and unimportant. This experience was totally unexpected.
To start at the beginning. We did the airport pick up through the hotel and everything went perfect. The hotel gave us instruction to avoid the timeshare people and to come straight out. Very good advice as those people are very pushy. We came out and were quickly met by our driver. The drive down was easy enough. For the price, I would have expected a new SUV, this one was probably 6 or 7 years old, but despite the potholes everything went fine. After about 50 mins of driving we were greeted at the hotel by the GM and plenty of staff. The GM wasn't overly friendly, perhaps because we were using points, but everything else was great and seamless. We got our room within 15 mins, after a very relaxing checkin including very tasty margaritas.
The rooms, as everyone alludes to, are amazing. Nice and big, with a lovely balcony area and excellent bathrooms. I was looking forward to the outdoor shower, but unfortunately it only had very cold water on the day of arrival, so I couldn't use it. Wasn't a big enough deal to complain, but was disappointing.
On the first night we just are at the Seabreeze Restaurant and it was decent enough food. As my wife was pregnant, I was drinking glasses of wine and it was disappointing the wine was not kept chilled. Didn't say anything about it, but not on par with expectations.
Our plan for the trip was to relax, so most of our time during the day was spent at the pool by Seabreeze. Service was for the most part good, but at times it was slow and hard to find someone to assist. Never as major issue, just once again, below expectations.
We mixed up eating dinner onsite and offsite. Carolina was by far the best, everything there was truly amazing. Without a doubt a Michelin star contender.
Sufi was also a good option within the grounds of the larger resort, and we really enjoyed the restaurants down in Punta de Mita. We did find that the hotel staff were pushing us towards certain ones. I couldn't help but feel kickbacks were involved here, as we tried some of the non recommended restaurants and they were just as good.
As the week wore on, as I mentioned above, the hotel was taken over by groups. Having worked in a Michelin star restaurant, I wasn't overly concerned when I became aware of this. I just assumed the hotel would still make us feel just as important as everyone else. But the reality is, we just didn't feel this way. In a hotel like this, it's always about the small things, and there were plenty of hints that we didn't really belong there anymore. Whether it was the cocktail hour being full of large groups and no seats at the bar, our favourite pool closing early for a wedding, the pool outside our room being closed off for a cocktail reception and by far the most upsetting to me, not receiving the daily activities guide to our room on the Friday of the champagne reception and I had assumed beach BBQ. I had been looking forward to both events for months in advance. But given we were already there 6 days we had lost track of the days. I didn't realise until 8pm, when the hotel posted a pic on Facebook that I had missed the champagne reception. Very disappointing and could have been avoided if we had just received the daily activities guide. Because of the other onsite events, I'm not sure the BBQ even happened as I went looking for it and only stumbled across a private beach event.
We had hoped to go back to Carolina on the Sat night, which was our last night, but it was taken over by a law firm for the night, so we made do with Sufi, as SeaBreeze area was hosting the wedding.
Beach area was fine. Very rocky in the water, but the beach itself is kept immaculate.
Overall we had a good experience, just not anything close to the experience we were hoping for. Certainly some of the staff did get to know us over the course of the week. But overall it wasn't at the level of service that others talk about on here.
I definitely recommend this hotel, as the rooms and Carolina are amazing. However I would caution to set your expectations a little lower, so you don't leave the property feeling as disappointed as we ended up feeling. It just didn't have to be this way. It is the little things that matter, and I believe the resort already knows this.

Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
2 Thank franknoc
Dear franknoc,

Thank you for your recent visit and your detailed comments. I have shared your review with the staff and we have taken note of all items. I am glad that you did enjoy many aspects of your visit including Carolina restaurant, however I am sorry to hear that we did not meet all of your expectations. We are constantly striving to make every guest’s stay perfect. Feedback from guests like you help us improve. We appreciate your loyalty to Starwood and hope that you will return to St. Regis Punta Mita again in the future.

Ariañy, Islas Baleares, Spain
Reviewed November 22, 2013

This Hotel is the best hotel I have ever stayed in.From start to finish.You feel safe,well looked after a great place to relax and unwind,the Spa is a must.Staff friendly but know when to leave you alone.
Food amazing,pool and beach all spotless clean and cool water always brought to you.Nothing was too much trouble,just leaving.

Room Tip: We had a beach villa
Stayed November 2013, traveled with family
2 Thank Pauline S
Dear Pauline S,

I am delighted to hear that you enjoyed our beautiful Remede Spa as well as the pools and beach. I am glad that you enjoyed a relaxing time at St. Regis Punta Mita Resort. Thank you for your review.

Reviewed November 21, 2013

Our daughter was married at the St. Regis on October 26, 2013. It was the most incredible experience. The entire staff was available for every imaginable reason. The venue is incredibly beautiful with acres of waterfront. It was very private, and security made it very difficult to get in unless you were a guest. We spent four days of fun--everyone in the wedding group got to know each other and the staff could not have been nicer or more professional. The rates were incredible--a fraction of what they would be in New York or Hawaii. The guests are still emailing us to tell us how wonderful it was. On the night of the wedding and reception, we lost a diamond necklace that my husband has put in his suit coat pocket. When the ceremony was over, of course the coats came off, and the necklace fell out--we did not know where. It had great sentimental value since it had come from my mother, and we were all upset that it had been lost. The Monday after the wedding we got an email from the hotel saying that the staff had found the necklace on the grass near the beach and had turned it in to security. We were thrilled, but not surprised. The hotel is all it claims to be and more. I would recommend it to anyone for a wedding, or retreat--you will not be disappointed!

Room Tip: All the rooms are good--and you won't be spending much time in them because the grounds are spec...
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank Jean C
Dear Jean C,

Thank you for your kind review. We were delighted that your family and friends enjoyed their stay as our guests for this special event. Congratulations to the bride and groom. Cheers!

New York, New York, United States
Reviewed November 20, 2013 credit card Amex Card Member Review

I would highly recommend the St Regis Punta Mita to all of my friends (I already have)... This is the perfect spot for complete luxury and relaxation. We were upgraded to a beautiful suite and enjoyed spectacular service from our butlers. The service everywhere at the resort was exceptional -- coffee was delivered every morning, suprises like smoothies were provided around the pool, and we were always greeted with smiles. The resort also offers different classes like margartia/ceviche making, exercise, etc. My husband and I travel frequently and this was one of our favortie spots. Definitely recommend a day trip of snorkeling and SUP.

Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank LaurenRL
Dear LaurenRL,
We are honored that you chose the St. Regis Punta Mita Resort as the destination to celebrate your Babymoon. We appreciate that you have recommended the resort to your friends. I am delighted to hear that you enjoyed the service and different activities at the resort. Thank you again.

bracken
Reviewed November 18, 2013

We stayed at the hotel for 5 nights which were completely ruined by the way we were treated at the reception. We had booked a luxury garden view suite with booking.com, when we arrived we were shown to an ordinary room , when we complained we were treated like idiots.They told us that this room was actually an upgrade from what we had booked, nonsense . Then we were told that booking.com were not allowed to book rooms of the grade we had booked. When I showed the confirmation, which had a picture of the suite on it , I was to;d to contact booking.com to tell them they had made an error. By this time I was looking for the " you`ve been had cameras " . I was then told that if I wanted to stay in the suite I had booked, I would have to pay 300dollars extra per day. After more that two hours from our arrival time I eventually was given the room with no extra charge. St Regis 5 star, ARE YOU KIDDING

Room Tip: Go somewhere else
11 Thank bracken69
cemberson, Director de Recepción at The St. Regis Punta Mita Resort, responded to this review, November 22, 2013
Dear Mr Conetta

Greetings from The St Regis Punta MIta and thank you again for your visit. It was a pleasure meeting while you were with us and I reiterate my apologies in regards to the shortcoming you experienced in the check in process and the resulting confusion with your room type. Being in the service industry yourself I am sure you can understand that this can occur and for that we apoligize - your feedback is invaluable and I had discussed the incident with my team immediately after we spoke about it in person. We are indeed proud of our track record as many comments and awards will attest - I understand you enjoyed the hotel butler service, and other services which is indeed gratifying. Should you ever be in the area again - please pass by it would be a pleasure to see you again. Yours Sincerely - Nicolas Cejas
Fort Worth, TX
Reviewed November 18, 2013

We just got back from a week long trip to the St. Regis. We have stayed at some St Regis and ton of other Starwood properties and this hotel is up towards the top of the list. We also stayed on spg points and I think if you do that and stay 5 days to get the discount it is a great use of points.
We choose to take the St. Regis booked shuttle to the resort and I would say it was really easy and nice. We asked to stop off at the Walmart on the way and got some snacks and drinks that worked out well during the trip. When talking to others in the Punta Mita compound the Mega has a better selection of wine and Champagne if that is more of your style, in hindsight we should of stopped there as Walmart only had 2 types of sparkling that you can get for about 5 bucks in the states, not worth getting. The resort is in a very well guarded compound that consists of houses, condos, and the 4 seasons.
At the resort we didn't do much other that relax by the pool. The pools were amazing and there were 3 of them. We stayed at the adult pool even though I only saw 2 families with kids at the resort the whole time there. The service at the pool was very good and I would have to say that they might be the best pools I have ever had at a hotel. All of them were negative edge looking out over the beach and huge. We had plenty of space and it wasn't crowded at all. They do bring you free water whenever you needed it and ice etc. This was nice as it got pretty hot during the day.
Our room was very nice and looked out over the 18 green of Bahia golf course and the ocean. It was as expected for a St Regis with the added touch of an outdoor shower. Our butler's during the stay were great and always attentive when needed.
Food at the resort was good but we had better meals outside the resort. We did not eat at Carolinas though so I don't have an opinion on that. Sea Breeze was OK and the morning buffet was very good, just pretty expensive. We went into town and ate a Serendipity and really enjoyed it. I would suggest trying it as it had the personal touch others lack. Seems like Si Senior and Blue Shrimp always were suggested by the staff as were to go eat while other restaurants were not suggested. It felt like there was some deal between those restaurants and the resort that we decided to go elsewhere and we are glad we did as we had a great time. Our favorite restaurant by far was Sufi. It is right next door to the resort and a quick cab ride over. It is stupid to have to take a cab as it is 10 bucks each way and so short, I really wish they would use golf carts. We had 2 amazing meals at Sufi and the Seafood Paella was great.
The spa was very good and worth going if you enjoy that. They have a daily deal that comes out in the newsletter that is pretty good deal by St Regis standards.
I played both golf courses and recommend that if you enjoy golf. It is rather pricey and I wish I would of brought my own clubs as they were 60 bucks to rent. The Pacifico course is really nice and my favorite as the views and ocean holes were better than expected. The Bahia course was good but much different with more slopes, traps and funky greens.
All in all this was a typical St Regis experience of great resort and great service. Highly recommend

3 Thank mdr9
cemberson, General Manager at The St. Regis Punta Mita Resort, responded to this review, November 19, 2013
Dear mdr9,

Thank you for your review. I am glad to hear that you enjoyed the adult pool and pool-side service. Our three infinity-edge pools are a few of the highlights of our resort. I’m happy to hear that you also enjoyed our relaxing Reméde spa. The two world class Jack Nicklaus golf courses in Punta Mita offer unique golf opportunities and I am glad that you experienced both. Thank you again for staying with us and sharing your feedback.

Also consider these accommodations in or near Punta de Mita
#1 of 27 in Nuevo Vallarta
The Royal Suites Punta de Mita
The Royal Suites Punta de Mita
#5 of 11 in Punta de Mita

Been to The St. Regis Punta Mita Resort? Share your experiences!