“wonderful resort and service” 5 of 5 bubbles

and 1 more site!
The St. Regis Punta Mita Resort
Ranked #1 of 11 Hotels in Punta de Mita
Fort Worth, TX
“wonderful resort and service”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 18, 2013

We just got back from a week long trip to the St. Regis. We have stayed at some St Regis and ton of other Starwood properties and this hotel is up towards the top of the list. We also stayed on spg points and I think if you do that and stay 5 days to get the discount it is a great use of points.
We choose to take the St. Regis booked shuttle to the resort and I would say it was really easy and nice. We asked to stop off at the Walmart on the way and got some snacks and drinks that worked out well during the trip. When talking to others in the Punta Mita compound the Mega has a better selection of wine and Champagne if that is more of your style, in hindsight we should of stopped there as Walmart only had 2 types of sparkling that you can get for about 5 bucks in the states, not worth getting. The resort is in a very well guarded compound that consists of houses, condos, and the 4 seasons.
At the resort we didn't do much other that relax by the pool. The pools were amazing and there were 3 of them. We stayed at the adult pool even though I only saw 2 families with kids at the resort the whole time there. The service at the pool was very good and I would have to say that they might be the best pools I have ever had at a hotel. All of them were negative edge looking out over the beach and huge. We had plenty of space and it wasn't crowded at all. They do bring you free water whenever you needed it and ice etc. This was nice as it got pretty hot during the day.
Our room was very nice and looked out over the 18 green of Bahia golf course and the ocean. It was as expected for a St Regis with the added touch of an outdoor shower. Our butler's during the stay were great and always attentive when needed.
Food at the resort was good but we had better meals outside the resort. We did not eat at Carolinas though so I don't have an opinion on that. Sea Breeze was OK and the morning buffet was very good, just pretty expensive. We went into town and ate a Serendipity and really enjoyed it. I would suggest trying it as it had the personal touch others lack. Seems like Si Senior and Blue Shrimp always were suggested by the staff as were to go eat while other restaurants were not suggested. It felt like there was some deal between those restaurants and the resort that we decided to go elsewhere and we are glad we did as we had a great time. Our favorite restaurant by far was Sufi. It is right next door to the resort and a quick cab ride over. It is stupid to have to take a cab as it is 10 bucks each way and so short, I really wish they would use golf carts. We had 2 amazing meals at Sufi and the Seafood Paella was great.
The spa was very good and worth going if you enjoy that. They have a daily deal that comes out in the newsletter that is pretty good deal by St Regis standards.
I played both golf courses and recommend that if you enjoy golf. It is rather pricey and I wish I would of brought my own clubs as they were 60 bucks to rent. The Pacifico course is really nice and my favorite as the views and ocean holes were better than expected. The Bahia course was good but much different with more slopes, traps and funky greens.
All in all this was a typical St Regis experience of great resort and great service. Highly recommend

3 Thank mdr9
cemberson, General Manager at The St. Regis Punta Mita Resort, responded to this review, November 19, 2013
Dear mdr9,

Thank you for your review. I am glad to hear that you enjoyed the adult pool and pool-side service. Our three infinity-edge pools are a few of the highlights of our resort. I’m happy to hear that you also enjoyed our relaxing Reméde spa. The two world class Jack Nicklaus golf courses in Punta Mita offer unique golf opportunities and I am glad that you experienced both. Thank you again for staying with us and sharing your feedback.

Carl Emberson

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (519)
Naperville, Illinois
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 13, 2013

My wife and I went to The St. Regis Punta Mita Resort for our 25th wedding anniversary.

The St. Regis Punta Mita did not disappoint. From the minute we left the airport until the second we got back to the airport, we were treated like royalty.

Contact the butler service (yes, I said butler service) and pre-arranged a Lincoln Navigator from The St. Regis. It is worth the price tag. (We rented a car in Cabo San Lucas once and it was a nightmare! and expensive). Once you clear customs you enter a big hall with "timeshare" hawkers trying to get you to visit their property. They make you believe that you HAVE to "check-in" with them in order to get any rental cars, taxis, pre-arranged ride. Don't believe them. Tell them you have a pre-arranged ride with The St. Regis and I swear, the guy completely lost this accent and told me where to go.

After the 45 minute trip out of Puerta Vallarta was relaxing. Our driver offered us an ice cold bottle of water which was completely needed.

We arrived at the front entrance of this beautiful resort, greeted by the Hotel Manager, Check in hostess, a bell man and another iced drink. This time it was a wonderful margarita!! "Welcome to The St. Regis Mr and Mrs. Bordoshuk. We are glad you are here. Happy 25th Anniversary!"

What a welcome! We were ushered onto the balcony and asked to sit down, sip our margarita and relax. Our check in hostess, confirmed our reservation, asked us if we had any allergies they should be aware of, confirmed our departure, our taxi time back to PVR. They informed us that they have upgraded us to an ocean view villa. Terrific.

Our bell man, drove us to our room, brought in our luggage and informed us that our butler would be around in 5 to 10 minutes to welcome us and brief us about the resort. Efficient.

Luis our night butler arrived. What a wonderful guy. Welcomed us congratulated us on our 25 years, and told us about all the services he was there to provide to us. Complete with unpacking our suitcases while we went out to the pool. He made recommendations for dinner, and reservations for that night. We decided to stay in the hotel and had dinner at Carolina's. Wonderful.

Coffee is not available in the room, but it is available via the butler service for FREE. Press the "butler" button on the phone and you will be warmly greeted "Good Morning Mr B***, how can I assist you this morning." We ordered coffee for 2, cream and usually a bagel or something else light. They come to your villa, and set up the breakfast service. We always had them set up on our patio table overlooking the ocean. Fantastic!

Days were spent by the pool, complimentary water bottles in a ice bucket were always available by the pool butler. Beer, wine and snacks were available as well. Delicious.

One night when we got back, the bubble bath was drawn, the candles were lit and soft music was playing. Delightful!

Every wish, thought, whim was completed without hesitation. This was the most enjoyable stay we have ever had..

Can't wait to go back!!

4 Thank jbordo
cemberson, General Manager at The St. Regis Punta Mita Resort, responded to this review, November 15, 2013
Dear jbordo,

I am delighted that you spent your 25th wedding anniversary with us at St. Regis Punta Mita Resort. I’m glad that you enjoyed all of the amenities of the resort including private transportation from the airport, the infinity edge pools and the romantic bubble bath turn down. I am also happy to hear that you were pleased with the butler services of unpacking/packing and complimentary morning coffee delivered to your door. Our wonderful team takes pride in catering to every guest’s wish and I’m happy to know that all of these special touches made your stay most enjoyable. We do hope that you will join us again.

Redwood City, California
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 13, 2013

My husband and I just returned from our trip to the St. Regis Punta Mita for our wedding! It was a dream wedding. We still cannot get over how amazing it turned out. The staff at the St. Regis is hands down the best we have ever dealt with. From the moment we arrived everyone knew our name and congratulated us for our then upcoming wedding. Michael O'Hara, one of the managers, made sure all of our needs and our guests were taken care of on a daily basis. Oliver Atkins, the food and beverage manager also went out of his way to make sure everything was up to our expectations and always made himself available to help. It was just unbelievable how attentive to detail they are and how much they go out of their way to make sure everything is perfect. We worked with Grissel Zavala to plan the wedding and she could not have been more amazing to work with. She made sure our vision came true and delivered an amazing night for us. We also had the pleasure of being their for the hotels 5 year anniversary which meant we got to participate in their champagne ritual. This event turned out to be even more special when the hotels General Manager Carl Emberson dedicated a sabrage to us and then Oliver had the sabered cork delivered to us a few days later. We cannot say enough about how amazing this hotel is. We look forward to returning as do all of our guests! It is heaven there. Thank you to all the St Regis staff!

Dear VanessaMT,

Congratulations again. It was an honor to host your dream wedding at St. Regis Punta Mita. I will share your kind words with Mike, Oliver, Grissel and the rest of the team. On behalf of the entire staff, wishing you and your husband a wonderful life together. We look forward to your return. Cheers!
Miami
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 10, 2013

Our 1st year anniversary - carefully attended to by the watchful hospitality of the St Regis Punta Mita and its staff - could not have been any more carefree, elegant, restful, romantic, and memorable.

My wife and I are very well travelled fairly discerning - I proposed while scuba diving in the Philippines, and our honeymoon took us gorilla tracking to Rwanda and Uganda. So, to have us put the GPS and adventure pants down is a tall order. . . one which was overwhelmingly satisfied by the St Regis Punta Mita Resort and it staff. We've truly never relaxed quite as well as we did over three nights here.

A classy, timeless event: from impeccable airport pickup, to checking in with a seat from the infinity pool lobby vantage point of the ever downward sloping property. Follow gravity from any point on property, and it will guide you to the white sands of its private beach.

From arrival to departure, the theme is "ease." Each impeccable, spacious room comes with a butler: one phone call to all services, amenities, and wants. He will tend to your luggage - to includ unpacking, packing, and pressing - he will bring coffee and the newspaper of choice, book resort events, and excursions, inform and prepare the beachfront of your imminent arrival...

There are many speeds for dining on- and off-resort, all of which deliver fresh ingredients and elegant preparations true to the origins of the area. . . and I am so glad to have kept "Carolina," its feature restaurant, for the night of our anniversary. Carolina restaurant is a cut above the rest.

This is the place to truly feel complete and content without doing much at all. The staff, the resort grounds, and the location itself will provide you with every comfort and ambience, in our case for a perfect and unforgettable getaway.

Room Tip: upon request rooms closer to the ocean make the place feel that much more intimate - albeit there is...
Dear Travishorn,
I am delighted that you and your wife enjoyed your first anniversary with us. Our team of butlers and staff will be excited to know that they achieved their goal of making you feel at ease. I’m pleased that you chose our elegant five-diamond restaurant, Carolina, to celebrate the night of your anniversary. I hope that you will join us again for your next anniversary.

kirkland wa
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 10, 2013

The St Regis is a gorgeous property. But it is the staff-their willingness to above and beyond-that makes this resort extraordinary. Exceptional service was provided by Lizeth (hostess), Luis Garcia (beach/pool) and "Hershey" at the SeaBreeze Bar. Thank you all for making our 54th birthday celebrations special! We look forward to staying with you again, soon!

Room Tip: Every room is a GREAT room!
1 Thank dawgstar
Dear dawgstar,

Thank you very much for your kind comments. I am honored to work with an exceptional team at St. Regis Punta Mita Resort. I will be certain to share your feedback with them. We are delighted that you joined us for your birthdays and we look forward to welcoming you back again.
Franklin Square, New York, United States
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 6, 2013

Just came back from the St. Regis in Punta de Mita. We were lucky enough to be there for their five-year anniversary. However, even if it wasn't their anniversary we would still have been lucky. The service and attention to detail were above and beyond. Our butler knew it was our anniversary and did everything to make it a special time for us. The rooms are immaculate, large and beautifully decorated. The grounds are gorgeous and there are three beautiful swimming pools with a very attentive pool staff, always ready to take your drink or food order. You are greeted with a drink and a cool towel upon your arrival and the service never stops. Every employee of the hotel is courteous and helpful and they take the time to get to know you by name. The food was also excellent. We celebrated our anniversary in Carolina's and the food was as good as any upscale NYC restaurant. Remember to get your coffee flambé. The food at the pool was great every time, and we tried several of the choices.

It was by far one of the best vacations we've had in a while. It is very romantic with mostly couples. It is a perfect way to spend an important milestone or special anniversary.

One last thing, remember to book their bar-be-que on the beach. It was a great way to get know other vacationers, the food was plentiful and good and you can't beat the romantic setting.

Room Tip: Try to get your room by the Sea Breeze pool, as that pool is closer to the better beach and has a wo...
Dear CherylAnn M,

We are honored that you chose to celebrate your anniversary with us. I am glad that you enjoyed the rooms, grounds, restaurants, beach BBQ and swimming pools. The team enjoys getting to know all of our guests to ensure that their time with us is extraordinary, I will share your comments with them. Carolina, our five-diamond awarded restaurant, is certainly the perfect place for an anniversary dinner. I’m delighted that you experienced the coffee flambé, it’s a memorable treat for such a special occasion. Thank you for your kind comments and please come visit us again.
Napa, California
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 5, 2013

What a place. From the moment you hit the lobby it just keeps getting better. Beautiful rooms, impeccable service (I mean, I have not had better anywhere), food, attitude, and grounds. Carl was incredibly welcoming from the first. The staff was fantastic- special shout out to Christian, Leo and Carlos and chef Alfredo (I think) from Caroline's. DO NOT miss a beach BBQ, one of our highlights, plus the killer spa. Just a world-class time with St. Regis and we can't wait to come back.

Room Tip: Do the beach BBQ!
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled on business
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
cemberson, General Manager at The St. Regis Punta Mita Resort, responded to this review, November 14, 2013
Dear VintageWineNapa,
It was great to see you during your stay. I am delighted that you joined the Beach BBQ, it’s one of our guests’ favorite dining experience. I am also happy that you experienced our relaxing Remede spa. I will share your comments with the team. Carl Emberson
Also consider these accommodations in or near Punta de Mita
Velas Vallarta
Velas Vallarta
#5 of 127 in Puerto Vallarta
4.5 of 5 bubbles 3,532 reviews

Been to The St. Regis Punta Mita Resort? Share your experiences!