I had pretty high expectations for the St. Regis Punta Mita and after spending 8 days / 7 nights there I can say that each and every one of my expectations was exceeded. The property, staff, accommodations, etc. is truly top tier for even the most discriminating traveler.
I cannot say enough of the wonderful staff at the St. Regis. The private butler is an exceptional service that is included with every room regardless of cost or length of stay. The private butler is your tour guide to the hotel, services, property amenities, personal needs, etc. But the service goes so far beyond the private butler. Everyone on staff is well trained and highly professional but also has an individual personality and charming demeanor.
You cannot go wrong with the pools on the property. The adults-only pool is beautiful and quiet and has incredible service. It's a great place to have lunch, a snack, drink, swim or just read a book. The absolute best server at this pool is Edvin (yes, it's spelled with a "v") followed closely by Antonio. If you have any conceivable need at the adults-only pool, Edvin and Antonio will address it immediately and professionally. They are quick with stories, recommendations and a fresh beer, margarity, or bucket of ice cold bottled water. Need more sunscreen? Edvin and Antonio realize it before you do and have a fresh bottle of SPF 30, 50 or 100 waiting for you.
As for the meals, Carolina is a big headliner restaurant and for good reason, but the real dining experience is breakfast at Sea Breeze. Be sure to ask to be seated with Javier at Sea Breeze. He's simply an amazing host to any breakfast or lunch experience at Sea Breeze. Like Edvin and Antonio at the adults-only pool, Javier knows just about everything there is to know about the property, the schedule of activities, the towns of Punta Mita, Sayulita and Puerto Vallarta. He's aware of your dietary needs or decadent wishes and is quick to present them before you have to ask.
I really struggled when selecting a hotel for this trip. I initially preferred the Four Season over the St. Regis because of the brand and I figured the higher cost of the hotel accommodations would be justified in a better overall experience for our trip. But my wife and I made two separate trips to the Four Seasons for dinner and to spend part of the day there. I can say without any doubt that the St. Regis provides a MUCH better value than the Four Seasons.
The Four Seasons is for the traveler who wants a truly exclusive trip with fewer guests at the hotel and/or is just tied to the Four Seasons brand. I can honestly say that our accommodations at the St. Regis were $3,000 less than the Four Seasons and I could see no tangible difference that would favor the higher priced hotel. The staff at the Four Seasons is also highly professional, but seemed like robots: no personality, no casual banter, no personal relationships developed with the staff.
All in all, if you're looking for a truly romantic getaway with that exclusive feel, the St. Regis is the place to go. I have traveled the world for personal and business reasons for over 25 years and the St. Regis Punta Mita is among the very best hotel properties I have experienced and this trip was the absolute best trip I have ever taken. The combination of the staff, the property and the restaurants makes this a top choice each and every time.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Nestled amongst one of the world's most alluring beaches at the Riviera Nayarit, in a a 1500-acre resort and residential community, The St. Regis Punta Mita Resort is an exquisite luxury resort in Punta de Mita, Mexico. Our property features 120 accommodations, thoughtful amenities, and spectacular grounds. We offer an experience that transcends ordinary travel, immersing guests in unsurpassed luxury. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Starwood, Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, Orbitz, Travelocity, Cheap Tickets, getaroom.com, Hotwire, TripOnline SA, Evoline ltd, Cancelon and HotelQuickly so you can book your The St. Regis Punta Mita Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The St. Regis Punta Mita Hotel Punta De Mita
- St Regis Punta De Mita
- St Regis Punta Mita Hotel