“Golf and Gourmet- fabulous”

The St. Regis Punta Mita Resort
Ranked #1 of 11 Hotels in Punta de Mita
Dallas, Texas
“Golf and Gourmet- fabulous”
Reviewed April 16, 2013

The St. Regis Punta Mita by far has the most amazing service, views, and experience. We were greeted by Carl, Mike and the most hospitable staff. The Golf and Gourmet weekend experience was perfect-- the guys enjoyed their time golfing on the beautiful course and the girls enjoyed spa, beach, and pool time. The food and drinks exceeding our expectations and we were treated like VIP the whole trip. This resort is like no other... There are little villas and not a tall hotel. It's very private and the walk around the grounds is tranquil and filled with incredibile flowers and views of the ocean.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with friends
1 Thank Nancy G

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (528)
Darien, Connecticut
Reviewed April 15, 2013

I just finished completing the survey on our memorable trip to the beautiful hotel of St Regis Punta Mita Resort a few weeks ago. We had a wonderful time...though way too short. From the initial welcome by Yanet and Micheal, to the care of Miguel and Leo, to the service at the pool by Juan and others, it was clear that the General Manager, Carl Emberson has assembled a team that is highly attentive while also friendly and warm. In addition, the activities were all top notch: We spent most of our time surfing with Joswe and Jose and fishing with Sebastian and Pedro and relaxing around their beautiful pool, but we also managed to get on the driving range which was beautiful, easy and very accessible. The food from breakfast (best buffet ever!!!!) to dinner was excellent. Even during the day, yummy complimentary fruit, vegetables and chips are passed around and any kind of drink made for you. The St Regis managed to exceed the expectations of all in my family from teenagers to adults...not an easy task. I look forward to returning again.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank Rob R
Truckee, California
Reviewed April 14, 2013

From the moment I arrived I was impressed by the attention to detail and the sincere manner in which the service was delivered. I spend about 80 nights a year in hotels and I often stay at luxury properties and I can comfortably say that this is the best place I’ve ever stayed. Before I left, I booked a room for the following year.

I’m not quite sure where to begin; I guess I’ll start with the elegant check in. As with most St. Regis, there isn’t a check in desk. You’re offered a seat on the patio, overlooking the property and a fresh margarita is delivered. Jorge checked me in and he was so helpful making recommendations, my room came with a couple of options, I took his advice and was glad I did. I was given a tour of the property and when the tour concluded, we were at my room, where my butler was waiting. He offered to unpack my luggage and I accepted. I went to the bar, watched the sunset and when I returned, my shirts were pressed; everything was folded and put away according to item and color. Amazing…

Throughout my stay, every person I met was friendly, warm and wanting to do whatever they could to make me happy. I was one of the only solo people there and I was never made to feel the odd man out. They do everything right and they never make you feel as though you’re being nickeled and dimed. When you’re offered a cocktail, it’s only the best ingredients and it’s perfect. When you finish that one, they’re happy to offer another. They have a champagne toast on Fridays at sunset and they serve Veuve Clicquot. When I was on the beach or by the pool, someone was always coming by to bring me bottles of chilled water or offering to clean my sunglasses. It’s important to mention that the staff isn’t holding out their hand, seeking a tip when they do things like clean your sunglasses or run a bottle of cold water out to you. There is a genuine desire to please and the people they have working there seem very happy. I stayed for five nights and within the first 24 hours, many of the staff knew me by name and were only too happy to talk about their jobs. They all spoke highly of the executive staff and each other and seemed to share a common goal or vision and they expressed a real satisfaction. That’s the type of people I want to be around when I’m on vacation. I can get unhappy, disgruntled employees Monday through Friday. I go on vacation to get away and this is the place to do that.

I’ve spoke of the staff and that’s the most important part to me, but the accommodations, the food and the beverages are reason enough to go. The food is very good and they’re very generous with it. I’m used to expensive hotel food and the three restaurants delivered a lot of excellent food. Enough so, I never thought it was expensive, it always seemed like a good value.

The rooms were amazing. From the quality of the bedding to the outdoor showers, everything was perfect.

I’ve stayed at St. Regis properties in Europe and the US and I have to say that they get it right at the St. Regis Punt Mita. Luxurious without being silly or over the top, attention to detail without being smothering and it’s all done with a heartfelt smile by someone who remembers your name.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled solo
1 Thank Kevin L
San Francisco, California
Reviewed April 14, 2013

My family of five just good back from Spring Break at the St. Regis for the second year in a row. The place really is terrific and we are looking forward to going back again next year! We loved the spread out nature of the place and the fact that none of resort's building are more than two stories tall. (No Maui high rises with small, cramped beaches here). There is a graciousness to the place that you just don't come across very often these days. The only cautionary note is that this is very much an American style resort with only a passing acknowledgement (through food mostly) that you are in Mexico. If you are looking for a more authentic Mexican experience you would probably be better off going to a place near Sayulita.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank Bill L
Tucson, Arizona
Reviewed April 8, 2013

The St. Regis Punta Mita far and away exceeds expectations. Every person on the team is fully aware of the St. Regis "way" and fully committed to achieving the mission to make the guests feel welcome and totally satisfied.

The amenities are great. Multiple pools for children and adults; multiple restaurants that serve excellent food from a creative menu; ocean swimming, surfing , paddling, snorkeling and fishing

Bring your best camera with lens(es) for flower macros, ocean landscapes and sea birds. Binoculars and surf shoes will also be enjoyed.

Room Tip: Our room was close to a pool that is used by children. For me it was a great location as I was 20 st...
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
Dallas, Texas
Reviewed April 8, 2013

My husband and I recently stayed at The St. Regis for our honeymoon and it was amazing. The staff was so attentive and friendly. The service was slow at times, but that's OK because you're on vacation. The rooms are well-done with top finishes, plenty of room and well kept by the housecleaning crew.

Our one compliant about the room was that the "ocean" view was not what we were used to. It was set back from the water by at least 100 feet and you had to peak through some trees to see water. After complaining to the front desk, they moved us to a "beachfront" room and explained this was their true ocean view. Thank you for accommodating us!

The butler service is well worth it and I recommend taking advantage of them to unpack your bags. They folded everything much nicer than I could have.

The pool and beach service is great. The fish tacos are amazing! It's paradise.

We felt completely safe the whole time. As I mention in the headline, there were tons of kids, but it was spring break and we could escape them at the adult pool. Even though the hotel was sold out during our stay, it still felt very secluded. We never had to fight for a pool chair or anything.

Negatives according to my husband are that the resort wasn't built as an ocean-centric resort. Almost all of the restaurants are set back from the water as are the rooms. And, be prepared, while beautiful, the water in the ocean is not the Caribbean. It's rocky and a little murky at times.

Lastly, two musts are the spa and the nice restaurant, Carolina. My husband and I went to the spa twice during our stay. The first time we had an 11:30 a.m. appointment and we were the only people there. It was pure bliss and relaxation and the 90 minute hot stone massage was the best I've ever had. I felt like I was floating afterward. We didn't have a bad meal the entire trip, but Carolina was the best and we don't even like French food!

A must-stay!

• Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Melissa H
Reviewed April 8, 2013 via mobile

The Regis in Punta Mita is a little Paradise. The rooms are stylish, comfortable and well kept. The service is just perfect. To make everything even more perfect, Omar the butler took care of all the details, a guest could think of. Do you want to get a coffee to your room, to get your things cleaned and ironed or do you have a question? Omar would know, do or organize.

The breakfast at the Marietas was astounding. Sandra one of the cooks does the best Omelette around and all the staff there are extremely friendly, helping you to get the perfect start into the day.

The beach is nice and big. You feel free and it's easy to relax. Havier is one of the most friendly beach attendants i have ever met. Always there for a nice chat. Plus, He serves the best coconut around.

One thing i never would have expected, is the quality of surf directly in front of the s.regis. The Wave is fun and most important, it can serve long rides. The rides on a good day are comparable to bahia or even faro. Surf S.Regis!

The food in the Seabreeze is just awesome. Amanda, Carinha and Ruben serve delicious ceviches and tasty wines. The fish is fresh (catch of the day) and perfectly prepared. The only thing my surfsoul lacked, is some surffood. What about "surf and turf", tacos or even a burger. I need those after a long surfing day. Rather than Pizza!

The management by Carl and Mike is very friendly, well organized and customer orientated. They can adapt to all circumstances. Mike and Carl always share nice thoughts and are generous hosts. Anyway, managing a complex like this and still be friendly, whilst knowing the names of all the guests and their individual preferances, is really something that adds to your holidays.

No need to say, that the golf course is one of the best in the universe.

All the other guests we met, were friendly and relaxed. Allthough you do have a lot of privacy and individual space, you still will like to talk to other people, who enjoy their holidays as much as you do. The surfcrowd was nice. Steve, Joe, Jason, John and Alex keep rocking those waves!

Waldo, who rents out the surfboards and organizes the adventures is a great surfer, who helps you to get on those boards and always is in for a nice surfchat, which is as important as the surfing itself.
Anyway, there would be much more to say, find out for yourself.
We would definitely go to this great place again.

Greetz

Grand Velas Riviera Nayarit
Grand Velas Riviera Nayarit
#1 of 27 in Nuevo Vallarta
The Royal Suites Punta de Mita by Palladium

Been to The St. Regis Punta Mita Resort? Share your experiences!