“Wonderful resort - will be back” 5 of 5 bubbles

and 1 more site!
The St. Regis Punta Mita Resort
Ranked #1 of 11 Hotels in Punta de Mita
Chicago, Illinois
“Wonderful resort - will be back”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 28, 2013

The St. Regis Punta Mita is a wonderful resort with pleasant personnel and top notch facilities. Oh yeah, the weather in February was awesome. The resort is located app 45mins north or Puerto Vallarta so its fairly isolated, which I enjoyed. Its a great place to unwind.

Room Tip: We had the top floor of a villa. Believe those are numbers 03 and 04.
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
cemberson, General Manager at The St. Regis Punta Mita Resort, responded to this review, March 13, 2013
Dear Amy and Pat,
Greetings from The St. Regis Punta Mita and we thank you for your review. I am glad your visit exceeded your expectations as we pride ourselves with our personalized service.
Thank you for recommending our beautiful Resort and we do hope to see again soon.

Regards,
Carl Emberson

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (519)
Frisco, Texas
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 27, 2013

I must tell you we have been going to the St. Regis for the last 4 years - at least 2 times a year. One of the main reasons we return is the hospitality we are shown every time we go. Karl, Mike and his team of amazing staff are absolutely the BEST we have ever experienced. From the moment of arrival you are greeted by the beautiful staff with a margarita or iced tea. From there you meander your way into a lobby that immediately calms you with its soothing tones beige, grey and pinks. From the sumptuous chairs and couches you are quickly checked in and lead down winding paths lined with tropical bushes and flowers. Your personal butler greets you at the door and upon opening the door to your room your senses are awakened by the smell of fresh lilies. We spent days lying by the beach, looking out over the infinity edge pool that leads into the blue waters of the ocean, sipping mango margaritas waited on by staff that is always happy, smiling and ready to take care of your every need. We now take all our friends here and they to have made it their new vacation spot! Thanks once again for a wonderful vacation. Amy and Pat McNamara

Room Tip: All rooms are fabulous, but the 1100 rooms are quiet. You can't go wrong!
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled with friends
1 Thank Amy M
Austin, Texas
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 25, 2013

Thank you Carl for a fabulous vacation at the St. Regis Punta Mita.

My wife and I made a quick 4 day trip to sneak in a little R & R. We were greeted with welcome drinks and Carl, the General Manager immediately introduced himself. Throughout our stay the Butler and/or Concierge was available and quickly brought us everything we asked for. The kitchen made my wife multiple salads and dishes that she was craving even though they were not on the menu. Overall, our stay could not have been better.

At one point during our trip we walked over to the Four Seasons to decide if we wanted to try it out next time we visit Punta Mita. As nice as it looked, we decided we like the location, pools, and expansiveness of the St. Regis. We are already planning a return trip.

Room Tip: All rooms appeared to be good.
1 Thank AAUSTEX
Greetings from the St. Regis Punta Mita! Thank you for your wonderful review; we are glad you enjoyed your vacation with us. We are proud of our brand and the exceptional experiences we cater all our guests as we strive to make every stay personalized and unforgettable. Please come back to our little slice of heaven again in the future. We shall be waiting with great smiles.

Best regards,
Manhattan Beach, California, United States
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 25, 2013

From the moment my family checked into the St Regis Punta Mita we were made to feel like old friends. The staff was extremely welcoming with lemonade for the kids and margaritas for the parents. Carl the GM was on hand to welcome us and made daily trips around the hotel and always said hello and remembered everyone by name.

The rooms were fantastic, and I am sure that there isn't a bad one in the place. Luis, our butler, gave us several great suggestions for dinner locations and helped with any questions we had. The service from everyone at the hotel was above and beyond. Out 17 month old got sick one day and everyone in the hotel would ask how he was doing, we ran into Mike the assistant GM later in the day and he gone and gotten pedialyte for the baby. It was the personal touches like that, which made the stay so special.

Omar at the Las Marietas pool bar was an exceptional bartender who always remember what you liked to drink and always had suggestions of different things to try and the suggestions were always worth listening too as he created some really good drinks.

The kids club had tons of activities for both of our kids and they were always entertained. Tony would always be there to start a game of futbol with the kids or show them something on the beach. If you are looking for suggestions of things to do while you are there be sure to track him down.

Overall our stay exceed even the expectations we had from reading the other reviews here. I would have given more than 5 stars if it was possible. If you are thinking about Mexico this hotel should be tops on your list. We are already planning our next trip.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled with family
Dear Andy,
Greetings from Punta Mita! Thank you very much for your review, we are glad you found our Resort´s aesthetics beautiful and our staff exceptional – we are indeed privileged to have such tastefully designed rooms and above all, our team of passionate professionals.
I am glad to read you enjoyed the exclusive events and fun family activities we offer at our property. Our goal is to provide a unique experience for all our guests, no disregard to age group. We shall pass on your comments about our team members.
We thank you again for choosing Th St. Regis Punta Mita Resort and hope you visit us again in paradise very soon!

Warm regards,
Frisco, Texas
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 25, 2013

We just returned from a five day, four night stay at the incredible St. Regis Punta Mita Resort. Karl, Mike and their expert staff took fantastic care of our every need and desire. From the moment we were picked up and driven to the gates of the St. Regis we were treated with the most awesome service and welcome. We were greeted by the staff and served a delicious drink upon arrival...check in was smooth and our rooms were ready...the next thing we knew we were in our beautiful rooms and our bags were awaiting us! Our Butler was there to answer any questions and was more than happy to assist us with our every need. The grounds were beautiful, the staff was experienced and beyond helpful, the food was excellent and everything there seemed to move smoothly. We were so pleased with our stay and we look forward to our next visit...we now consider the St. Regis, Karl, Mike and their entire staff our new "second" home! Please go and enjoy the wonderful St. Regis Punta Mita Resort...it is unforgettable!

• Stayed February 2013, traveled with friends
Dear Cat L,
Saludos from The St. Regis Punta Mita! Thank you very much for your beautiful comments, we greatly appreciate your feedback. I am glad you took great pleasure of our butler service. We pride ourselves in our service and I am happy to know we surpassed your expectations. I will be sure to pass on your words to our team.
We are indeed proud to receive such accolades. Please come back to our little slice of paradise soon.

Gracias,
Shawano
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 25, 2013

My husband and I just returned from a relaxing, charge up your battery, vacation in Punta Mita! What a lovely resort to just kick back and enjoy! The accommodations and service were superb, the grounds were lush and green and well groomed, the restaurants were delicious and room service was awesome!

Enjoyed all the amenities of the resort, including the spa and exercise room. Will definitely spend time there again in the future. Lovely location and very friendly staff!

Room Tip: All the accommodations were in casitas grouped in 4 rooms. We really liked the second floor and the...
San Jose
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 23, 2013

Went to Punta Mita for a 5 day getaway to get some winter sun. Chose Punta Mita b/c it was a tad closer than Hawaii and I had never been. To say I will be back to the St. Regis Punta Mita doesn't say enough. From the moment we arrived and had our wonderful margarita at check-in, the St. Regis made sure we were spoiled.
1) The room: Had an ocean front. Super comfy bed. There is an indoor and outdoor shower for the room (as well as a bathtub that I did not use). I laughed when I thought that my biggest problem for the day was getting sunburned taking a shower. Clearly when that's my biggest care of the day - life is great!
2) The grounds: perfectly maintained. Beautiful. Kinda look a little more like Hawaii than Mexico but that hotel is villa/bungalow style now like a Hawaiian hotel. 3 pools, one that is adult only which I love. Wi fi not just only at the pools but also on the beach! The chairs on the beach and the pool were sooo comfy and you wouldn't wait for than 1 second before someone would run up and set up your towels. I say towels b/c they would lay one over the chair, one for a pillow and then one under your feet if you wish. The pool and beach as "free" sunblock and I love that b/c that is one less thing I have to pack.
3) The food: Our room rate included the breakfast buffet. It was very good. Not the best breakfast buffet ever (compared to some crazy over the top resort buffets I've been to), but had a lot of food and probably would satisfy anyone. At at Seabreeze one night which was good. Didn't try Carolina b/c we were in Mexico and just didn't feel like being fancy. Took a $9 "taxi (SUV lincoln navigator that waits at the hotel) to dinner in "town" the other nights, except for one night when we had room service. The prices for room service seemed high but then again it is a St. Regis but I think they were mostly high b/c the portions were big and the food was wonderful! The best and biggest food surprise was the food at the pool. The grouper fish tacos are worth every dime. Or peso if that's what they were.
4) The staff: I really don't need a butler to unpack or pack up but maybe some people do. We had a lot of fun chit chatting with the butler, and he did make our dinner reservations etc.
5) Checkout: Our flight our of Puerto V wasn't until 5 so the hotel suggested we leave at 2pm. At other hotels, I'm used to packing up my back and putting some things in my carrying on to freshen up before leaving, but the St. Regis just said "lay at the pool! don't leave you room until 2" That gave us extra hours of vacation to relax and be in the sun, then we showered and packed in about 30 minutes and left that glorious place.

The only hiccup of the whole time there was a mistake on the bill that was not the fault of St. Regis, BUT it was St. Regis that followed up on it and made sure it was all correct. I booked through AMEX Platinum and there was a brief special of pay 3 nights and get the 4th free. Well, AMEX emailed the St. Regis the wrong promotions so they did have the spa credit and included breakfast on file, but not the free night. St. Regis wanted to rectify it on the spot but I'm a freak about being late to the airport so I didn't want to wait. I paid for all the nights and decided to deal with it when I got home. AMEX was nice and said they would f/u on the issue but then AMEX did not f/u as I had hoped. I then did hear from St. Regis and they continued to follow up with me until the mistaken 4th night was reimbursed. They took the initiative to follow up and see it through till everything was right. Fantastic customer service.

If I must, I can only find 1 piece of constructive criticism for the resort and it is truly trivial. Housekeeping did not replace the toiletries but I'm sure they would have if we had asked. I think they would do anything for you if you ask. I kinda liked my own shampoo/conditioner best anyways so I didn't bother to ask. I just noticed it.

If you want a relaxing trip, great service and food - go to the St. Regis Punta Mita

Room Tip: get an ocean view or ocean front. Why go all the way there and not!?
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled with friends
Velas Vallarta
Velas Vallarta
#5 of 127 in Puerto Vallarta
4.5 of 5 bubbles 3,532 reviews

Been to The St. Regis Punta Mita Resort? Share your experiences!