“A World Class Experience”

The St. Regis Punta Mita Resort
Ranked #1 of 11 Hotels in Punta de Mita
Commack, New York, United States
“A World Class Experience”
Reviewed February 14, 2013

I just returned from eight perfect days. It's rare that one can describe an entire vacation as "perfect" but I cannot think of a more appropriate adjective. From the moment I stepped onto the resort, I was warmly greeted by the staff and made to feel that I was their most important guest. I soon found out, that they treat everyone that way.

As you read through the reviews on these pages, you will read dozens of glowing reviews. Trust me . . . they are not exaggerating. The service is unlike any I've encountered in the world. Within a few hours, it seemed that most of the staff knew my name and who I was traveling with. More importantly, they anticipated my needs at every opportunity. While it sounds simple, I enjoy a private, shaded area on the beach where I can light up a fine cigar and not bother anyone. Day after day, my private, shady area was set up with ash tray in place. It's this attention to detail that sets the St. Regis Punta Mita apart from all other resorts.

As per the specifics . . . the rooms are outstanding. Flat screen Hi-Def TV's with DVD players. The bathrooms are outstanding. Have you ever had a choice of indoor or outdoor showers? If that's not enough, there's an inviting bathtub. The mattress and linens are comfortable.

The restaurants are all outstanding and service is attentive and prompt. There is enough choice to satisfy you whether you are looking for a quick snack or fine dining. The Butler service is unique to the St. Regis and you should make sure to take advantage of this unique service. Our Butler greeted us each morning with a fresh pot of coffee and a smile. If there's anything you need (including packing and unpacking your luggage) your butler will be glad to assist.

I'm terrible at names so I won't single out any individual staff members. I wouldn't want to leave anyone off my list. I must, however, single out General Manager, Carl Emberson. It seems that he was all over the resort, addressing guests by name and ensuring that everything was perfect. I was unable to "test" him to see if he was able to resolve an issue because (as I said) the trip was perfect. There were no issues to be resolved. It's nice to know, however, that he was accessible and available.

If I was forced to offer a caveat, it would be the golf. The courses are not owned by the resort but are within walking distance of your room. The courses offer numerous holes that run towards or along the Pacific. They are impeccably maintained, challenging (without being unfair), and absolutely stunning. There are no caddies. My issue is the price. With the 10% service charge and taxes, a round of golf is approximately $300. There are no discounts, golf packages or special price for multiple rounds. Be warned.

I guess that highest compliment is what follows; Due to a megastorm in the northeast, my flight home was cancelled. Rather than try to finagle my way back home, I was thrilled to stay another two days. Unfortunately, Delta managed to get me home on my scheduled departure date. :-( That's the first time I was mad at an airline for doing the right thing.

If you're looking for a World Class vacation that will consistently exceed your expectations, the St. Regis Punta Mita is the place to go.

Dr. Michael Bernstein

Room Tip: I saw three different rooms and each had similar amenities. The other tips in this section are gene...
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
3 Thank Michael B
cemberson, General Manager at The St. Regis Punta Mita Resort, responded to this review, February 20, 2013
Dear Michael,
Saludos from The St. Regis Punta Mita! As the General Manager I must say your detailed review and recommendation has made my day. I am humbled by your kind words. As well you have noted we are proud to offer such attention to detail to each and every one of our guests. Indeed our butler service is a stand out for many alike. Our shared Nicklaus-design golf course caters to both amateurs and more experienced golfers, and as such, we will be working closer together with the Pro Shop in an effort to provide better incentives to aficionados such as yourself.
I reiterate my deepest appreciation for such a fantastic review and do hope you are keeping warm during the storm. Rest assured, Punta Mita is happy to welcome you again with plenty of sunsgine and smiles.

Best regards,
Carl Emberson

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (534)
Saint Louis, Missouri
Reviewed February 10, 2013

We cannot say enough wonderful things about our stay at the St, Regis in Punta Mita. We enjoyed a seven day stay and were completely pampered every minute of it. What really struck us was how genuine the staff was. Everything was top notch - the food, accomodations, views and pools - but the staff was impeccable. I would go back in a heartbeat.

Room Tip: From what I heard from the other people we were with, every room is basically the same and the entir...
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled with friends
Dear Karen,
Thank you for sharing your positive experience in our Paradise – Punta Mita. I am sure the team will be thrilled to hear you felt pampered. I am honored to lead such a great team of individuals that strive to deliver genuine & attentive service – they make the difference !
Do come back and visit us again soon
Gracias!

New York City, New York
Reviewed February 10, 2013

The St. Regis Punta Mita is an incredible resort! While we usually never vacation the same place twice, we just returned from our second trip to this property and are already planning the next.

The grounds are immaculate and the suite we were upgraded to was unreal - including a private plunge pool and hot tub facing the ocean. The golf is fantastic (though expensive) and staff is great.

We loved the 'children under 5 eat free' and complimentary coffee service to your room benefits. The beach BBQ and champagne ritual were great, as were the tennis facilities and daily water activities.

Can't wait to return!

• Stayed February 2013
Dear luxevacationlover,
Saludos from Punta Mita, I´m happy to read about your positive St. Regis experience and we thank you for your loyalty and are thrilled you are already planning your next visit. Our free-standing villa accommodations are tailored with our guests´ pleasure and comfort in mind. Naturally, we aim to achieve excellent personalized service, in turn creating an effortless vacation experience.
I am indeed glad you liked the little touches that made a difference and I have taken note of your reference to the Green Fees. The BBQ on the Beach is indeed a fun event as is our Traditional Champagne Ritual – thank you for the accolade.
We look forward to welcoming you back in the not too distant future.

Kind regards,
Irvine, California
Reviewed February 6, 2013

We did not know about the St Regis Punta mita until a week before we got there. That was a pleasant surprise!!! The grounds are beautiful, The guest rooms are very comfortable, the bed, the balcony with the breathtaking view, and the outside shower and all the other amneties were out of this world. The butler and the staff service also were so friendly and welcoming. felt like a home away from home.
The food was also was very good and creative in Marieta and Sea Breeze restaurants. One evening we celebrated my husband's birthday at Carolina restaurant. Luis flores treated us with a smily face and catered to us during the whole evening. The food was excellent, and the ambiance was great.
All and all, it was a momorable week, and definitle we'll be back. DD

Room Tip: if you come with no children, and you want quiet time, stay arround the adult pool on a second floor...
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
Dear Dorit D,
I´m so glad we exceeded your expectations in our luxurious hideaway. We strive to cater unforgettable experiences in such paradisal address. Thank you for taking note on our award-wining culinary options, as we have recently re-vamped our menu.
Do please visit us again in the future, as we would be happy to host your stay!

Saludos,
Glenview
Reviewed February 6, 2013

We decided to celebrate a friend's 40th birthday at the St. Regis resort in January. We had a group of 14 friends who all stay at 4-5 star hotels on a regular basis. Everyone was impressed with the resort, their rooms, the food, but more important, the staff. From management down to groundskeepers, every employee went out of their way to make you feel welcome and make certain you are having an amazing time (without being intrusive). Every detail of our trip was looked after by the staff, and over 4 days, the ball was never dropped. Their concierge team is fantastic, as well as our group's ambassador, Jorge. (Ambassador's look after groups) Their attention for details (even decorating our friend's room with balloons on his birthday) was without a doubt, beyond anything I've experienced anywhere else.

Whether you're looking for a romantic weekend, or an escape with friends, this is my new go-to place. I've been recommending it to all my friends and family. I'm happy to call the team, "my friends," and will trust them again with my next vacation.

In summary, the St. Regis team helped orchestrate a book of rooms for 14 people, plan a private birthday dinner on the beach, plan an en suite cockatil party, spa reservations, help reserve a yacht charter and managed all our ground transportation. They achieved it all and made it look effortless. This trip was truly memorable!

Room Tip: All the rooms are amazing. Definitely worth upgrading to a junior suite.
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled with friends
Dear FL918,
Thank you for sharing your experience and I´m ecstatic to hear that your friend´s birthday was a success! Your festive group was a delight and it´s our pleasure to cater the utmost personalized service. I appreciate your high regards and recommendation and lure you to share photos of your trip on our social media platforms. Please do come back again albeit a group celebration or intimate getaway –Paradise awaits!

Saludos,
Brisbane, Queensland, Australia
Reviewed February 6, 2013

My wife and two boys enjoyed a 7 night stop over at the St Regis Punta Mita on our way back to Australia from a US holiday. We always like to end our Xmas vacation in a quality resort and the St Regis goes down as our best experience in the last 7 years of travel. After being recommended to go to Punta Mita by our travel agent, he suggested two hotels, the St Regis and another I won't name, as it now is irrelevant given our experience!!! I immediately jumped on trip advisor and read comments on both , and the St Regis won out by reviews in my mind. I had this preconceived vision of what to expect and a huge expectation before arriving - all of which were met and exceeded. Apart from the immaculate quality of the property, the thing that will stick with us mostly is the friendliness of all the staff. We still cant believe so many people knew our names (and trust me, we're not rock stars- just simple Aussies!!!! Oi oi oi). We met our fellow Aussie GM Carl who was so hospitable - you really feel like you are part of the family. Other highlights for us were the champagne night on the deck followed by the beach BBQ , absolutely awesome. The spa was incredible along with the surrounding golf course and beaches. I also highly recommend you get out of the resort to the surrounding restaurants (all of which the staff gladly recommend) - some of our favorites being Sufi, Si Señor and Cafe Des Artistes. I could go on forever on this wonderful place but all I can say is you need to go and experience it yourself. Oh and in closing, Carl the GM went so above and beyond, that on our day of departure, after missing out on saying goodbye, met us at the airport to farewell us all, now that's service. Or was it coincidence as he was also on our flight to Mexico!!!! Either way, were glad we got to see you one last time Carl!! St Regis, till we meet again, thankyou. Ps Carl if your reading this, I wanted to pass our sincere best wishes to the young waiter who served us for breakfast each morning (I can't remember his name - hopeless I know seeing he remembered mine each morning!). He has the exact same accent as Rafael Nadal so close you eyes one morning and listen , then thank him again for us and in particular my boys, they loved him. !

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with family
carlitosembo, General Manager at The St. Regis Punta Mita Resort, responded to this review, February 13, 2013
Dear Fellow Aussies !!!

Greetings from The St Regis Punta MIta - thank you so much for your review and heres hoping a few fellow Aussies read your great comments. It was wonderful welcoming you and meeting the family and even crossing paths at the Airport . thanks for returning the keys !! I am so glad the family had such a great holiday especiallty the kids - it is indeed the warmth and genuine hospitality of the team that makes our hotel different and something of which I am indeed proud. It is a pleasure to lead a group of people that enjoy and are passionate about deilivering exceptional experiences for our guests.

Thanks again and should you have the Travel Agent in Australia that recommended us please send me her details to my mail at carl.emberson@stregis.com

My regards to the family - Gracias Carl
Chicago, Illinois
Reviewed February 4, 2013

Excellent hotel. Great service. Quiet despite presence of business group. Golf course was very nice. Good food. Many swimming pools. Many fine restaurants in town. Very pleasant and helpful staff.Will definitely return.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
cemberson, General Manager at The St. Regis Punta Mita Resort, responded to this review, February 6, 2013
Dear Richard,
Saludos from The St. Regis Punta Mita. Thank you for such kind words, and I am so glad you had such a great time during your recent stay with us. Please join us again shortly as we strive to make every St. Regis experience go beyond your expectations.

Best regards,
#1 of 27 in Nuevo Vallarta
The Royal Suites Punta de Mita
The Royal Suites Punta de Mita
#4 of 11 in Punta de Mita

Been to The St. Regis Punta Mita Resort? Share your experiences!