“Paradise”

Ranked #1 of 11 Hotels in Punta de Mita
Las Vegas, Nevada
“Paradise”
Reviewed October 20, 2012 via mobile

The St Regis Punta Mita is a true 5 star resort. I visited the nearby Four Seasons and find the St Regis to be a more attractive property. It appears that the St Regis Punta Mita is more for adults vacationing without children. Children activities and play ares are limited. The hotel rooms, grounds and service is opulent, and views are breathtaking. Punta Mita itself is secluded and very safe. About 30 mins by car to Sayulitas and 60 mins to Puerta Vallarta. The peublo of Punta Mita consists consists of local homes, a few seaside restaurants and a convenience store. The golf courses appear to be first class. I highly recommend the St Regis Punta Mita for discrete travelers.

Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank BadgerLV

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (521)
Vancouver, Canada
Reviewed October 19, 2012

Let me start by saying we have been going to Punta Mita now for 8 years, and have stayed at both the Four Seasons and St. Regis Hotels, as well as renting houses in Lagos, Ranchos, and a few other regions on the area. We love this region, and we now love it even more after staying at the St. Regis. The hotel claimed to have 95% accupancy but the hotel felt empty and service for cocktails, spas, beach clubs, and or restaurants was the most efficient I have ever experienced, friendly, quick and personal. The GM's walk around and personally introduce themselves as well as the rest of the staff and they all remember your names and its like your a member of the family within a day or two of staying there. If fact, I have seen one Manager in particular, Mike, like 5 times in a day in different parts of the hotel, he must walk like a marathon everyday at work, its crazy in 95 degree heat with high humidity..(this last stay was in early oct..2012, so the humidity was much higher than the winter.) Either way,... all activities we did, Golf, Deep Sea fishing, Horseback Riding .. excurtions to Punta Mita Town, Imanta, and San Pancho.. all had the St. Regis Touch. Dont get me wrong, the Four Seasons is great hotels as well, its a little more dated than St. Regis in the region, and more concentrated, ie..when the hotel is busy you may have to "fight a little" for a good pool chair.... and or trip over more crying babies at Four Seasons as well,.. this would never happen at the St. Regis....

If you are paying top dollar for vaca...in this region, best bang for buck is the St. Regis.

hope this helps..

cheers,

bobv

Room Tip: Ask to see the rooms they have available.. some have better access to the pools you want others to t...
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
Louisville, Kentucky, United States
Reviewed October 15, 2012

The Staff and Facilities at the St. Regis in Punta Mita, Mexico were by far the Best that I have Ever Encountered! One of the Managers, Michael, was incredible and has his staff performing at an outstanding level. We will miss Antonio and his poolside service!!

Room Tip: Definitely a place you need to stay at once in your lifetime!
Fairfield, Connecticut, United States
Reviewed October 11, 2012

My wife and I just spent 5 wonderful days at the St. Regis Resort in Punta Mita - about 45 minutes north of Puerto Vallarta. From the arrival to the departure, the entire staff and resort where spectacular. Waiters bringing you complimentary water and cold towels while on the beach. Attentive room staff and a personal buttler available 24 hours a day to ensure you have everything you need. Complimentary pressing and small gifts in your room made this the best resort we've been to in years (the only place that compared was staying in an ocean suite at the Four Seasons in Maui). Great restaurants near by add to the overall experience.

Room Tip: There all good rooms, but is you get an even numbered room, you'll be on upper floor (there are...
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Oliver P
Hazlet, New Jersey
Reviewed October 11, 2012

My wife and I could not have been happier with our stay at the St Regis Punta Mita Resort.
The accomodations were superp. The dining experience was exceptional. And the staff at the resort were simply amazing - personable, attentive, gracious, polite, not to mention fun.
The Concierge was fantastic. Michael, the manager on duty during our stay, was also first class in every regard. The people and resort exceeded our expectations. We highly recommend everyone visit and stay at the St. Regis Punta Mita, you will be "WoW'd".

Clintonville, Wisconsin
Reviewed October 10, 2012

Staff went out of their way to make sure everything was just right. We had a huge rainstorm and got flooded out of the room. Were relocated right away to an equivalent room. Staff turned a bad situation into a good one. Rooms are great, views are great. Will definitely return.

• Stayed October 2012
Oakland, California
Reviewed October 4, 2012

We recently spent our week-long honeymoon at the St Regis Punta Mita and had a truly wonderful experience.

The hotel is about a 50 minute drive from the PV airport; the hotel will arrange transportation for you (in a Navigator or similar SUV); we were quoted US270 round trip. We opted to rent a car because we wanted to go on a couple excursions. The drive from the airport is not difficult, though watch for the many speedbumps, which are not always marked. Parking at the hotel is free.

We arrived at the hotel, exited the car, and were told all would be taken care of. Unencumbered by luggage, we were escorted to comfy chairs and offered margaritas while a staff member brought all the check-in materials to us. By the time we got to our room, our luggage was waiting for us.

The resort has three pools, one of which is designated for families. My favorite was the one by the Seabreeze restaurant; an infinity pool close to the beach. Moments after you arrive at the beach or pool areas, towels and umbrellas are set up for you, a silver ice bucket filled with bottled water arrives, and drink orders are taken. Service was warm and the cocktails are delicious -- really top notch. If you're into bloody marys (they serve a version of bloody marias, actually, with tequila instead of vodka), you will not be disappointed.

We particularly enjoyed the butler service. Your butler will pack/unpack for you, arrange excursions, have your clothes pressed, make reservations -- whatever you like. And bring you complimentary coffee in bed in the morning.

But the best part of our stay by far was the service. The service is not technically perfect. It is, however, very, very good. Any quibbles I might have had (and I had none, because I was overall so happy) were far outweighed by the genuine warmth that informed just about every staff interaction we had. Seriously, the staff could not have been nicer, or more accommodating. While I wish I could personally acknowledge everyone who made our stay so great, special thanks for Jorge, the front desk manager, Leo and Omar, our butlers, and Alberto, the sommelier (who arranged a really informative and entertaining tequila tasting -- highly recommended).

If there is anything I would change about the resort, it would be the food. I wished there were more Mexican options on the menu -- while everything was well prepared, I felt like for the most part I could have been eating at any hotel in the world. Also, the only breakfast option was a buffet (we were there in low season; I don't know if there are additional option when the property is more fully booked), which is not my favorite. I definitely recommend going into town for some meals (the taxi is easy if you don't have a car); your food options will be a lot more varied -- and a lot cheaper.

That said, as mentioned earlier, the cocktails are uniformly great. Friday afternoon, fishermen bring up their catch. The chef is there and helps you pick out whatever fish you'd like, to be served that day for lunch or dinner. We asked for some that would be good as ceviche and grilled, and had parrotfish and mahi mahi, respectively. It was one of our favorite meals. As a matter of fact, all of the ceviches offered were truly first rate -- we had at least one kind every day.

All in all, we will be back!

• Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
cemberson, General Manager at The St. Regis Punta Mita Resort, responded to this review, October 5, 2012
Greetings from Punta Mita,

Congratulations again on your marriage and thank you for choosing to spend your most special of occasions with us Kelly. I'm so pleased to hear you enjoyed your time with us, and we appreciate you taking the time to write such a lovely review. I will be sure to pass along your kind remarks to Jorge, Leo, Omar, Alberto, and the rest of our Butler staff - they really do a fabulous job, do they not?

In regard to your comments about your dining experiences, thank you the feedback which I will share with our Food & Beverage team and the Chefs. I apologise for the shortcomings you experienced in this area and rest assured I will address the matter. At certain times of the year such as Septembre and October we do open some restaurants sporadically, however, that being said, there should always be the option to order á la carte, even for breakfast. Thanks again for bringing that to my attention.

We truly appreciate your recommendation of our lovely resort, and I look forward to personally welcoming you back soon.

Sincerely yours,

Grand Velas Riviera Nayarit
Grand Velas Riviera Nayarit
#1 of 27 in Nuevo Vallarta
The Royal Suites Punta de Mita by Palladium

Been to The St. Regis Punta Mita Resort? Share your experiences!