Arriving at The St. Regis Punta Mita after spending 7 days in Sayulita over the Christmas period was like arriving in paradise!
Although it was a brief stay for us at The St. Regis, it was exactly what we needed to wrap up our vacation. Compared to Sayulita, the ocean was warm and blue and very appealing for swimming, surfing or absolutely nothing.
When we checked-in, it was like the lap of luxury – “…. Please have a seat in our lobby to do the paperwork, would you like a Margarita? Some water, mango ice tea, or anything else?” The view from the lobby/arrival area was incredible and as we sat there staring out to sea in the perfectly framed view with the palm trees, water fountains and pools, what pops up on the horizon in the ocean – whales jumping repeatedly out of the ocean! No, I’m not kidding.
Our rooms weren’t quite ready, so the staff stored our luggage, got us set up at the Beach Club and we spent the entire afternoon there. Service on the beach was great, constant flow of buckets of cold bottled water, towel and chair service extraordinaire. The food was also top notch and really tasty, specifically loved the Quesadillas and Nachos.
I’m a long time Platinum Preferred, and recognize that upgrades are usually done upon check-in and based on availability. It was New Year’s Eve and we weren’t expecting anything special as the property was in a sold out situation. When we got into our room, we were so impressed and our luggage was already there. They gave us lovely adjoining, upper level Luxury Ocean View Rooms. The view was great, rooms were SO luxurious and spacious. The bathrooms were the probably the nicest appointed bathrooms I’ve seen in a hotel. Equipped with deep luxurious baths (that filled up very fast), indoor and outdoor showers, 2 sinks, with plenty of privacy too. (Unlimited hot water - unlike our supposed luxury Villa in Sayulita.) The beds and the pillows were possibly the best that we’ve ever slept on – anywhere, even better than home. If someone from the St. Regis reads this post, please give us the exact model of the bed, pillows, sheets – we want to get them for our house.
The hotel went to a great effort and put on a spectacular “all-white” themed New Year’s celebration. Furniture, staging – all white, and guests were encouraged to dress in white. Instead of the large festive party, we opted for Private Dining, and had service on our verandah, which easily handled a table of 5, candles and provided great views of the midnight fireworks celebration.
Worth noting that the turn down service was flawless and did not at all intrude on us as we were in the room, efficient and pleasant. Butler Service was also great and we loved the coffee on the terrace in the morning.
Three beautiful pool areas, and the entire hotel, although it was sold-out, never had the feeling that was it was crowded or busy, very relaxing overall. Personal favorite pool area was the upper vanishing edge adult pool. Warm, salt water, perfect for swimming laps – estimate was between 25 and 30 meters long – best view for a lap swim – EVER!
The icing on the cake for us, was that our return flight home wasn’t until 845pm, and they graciously extended our check out, to 6pm.
Thank you St. Regis Punta Mita, and hats off to Carl Emberson, the GM! Happy New Year!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Nestled amongst one of the world's most alluring beaches at the Riviera Nayarit, in a a 1500-acre resort and residential community, The St. Regis Punta Mita Resort is an exquisite luxury resort in Punta de Mita, Mexico. Our property features 120 accommodations, thoughtful amenities, and spectacular grounds. We offer an experience that transcends ordinary travel, immersing guests in unsurpassed luxury. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Starwood, Expedia, Hotels.com, Priceline, Travelocity, Orbitz, Hotwire, HotelQuickly, getaroom.com, TripOnline SA, Cancelon and Evoline ltd so you can book your The St. Regis Punta Mita Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The St. Regis Punta Mita Hotel Punta De Mita
- St Regis Punta De Mita
- St Regis Punta Mita Hotel