“Don't book our rooms when we're planning to be there.......”
Review of Casa De Mita

Casa De Mita
Ranked #9 of 11 Hotels in Punta de Mita
Reviewed February 26, 2014

.....because we want them!

This is a great little gem of a place, and we found it to be perfect - for us. However don't come here if you:

1. Can't climb stairs
2. Are allergic to dogs (there are 3 here - Osita, or Little Bear, Madison, and Evita).
3. Need to be close to shopping and night life and lots of people
4. Can't sleep to the sound of the ocean
5. Need a big, fancy swimming pool
6. Don't like the sight of an iguana or two
7. Are on a diet

Ye host, Marc, advertises Casa de Mita as a "home away from home", and it truly is. Only better. Much, much better. In my home, I'm the one making the beds and washing the floors, and I don't do nearly as good a job as the housekeeping staff here - Maria, Alicia, and Lucy.

Also I'm not such a great cook compared to Octavio, Jesus, and Juanito. (Hope I got everyone's name right, and apologies if I didn't). Wow, what wonderful, fresh, well-prepared cuisine. The produce is wonderful, the best tomatoes I ever ate, anywhere. And they'll try to accommodate your every wish and diet requirement.

Plus, everything is served with gracious hospitality and efficiency. Muchissimas gracias to the caballeros muy simpaticos: Lalo, Memo, Manuel, Roberto, and Mauricio. Again, sorry if I'm mangling the spelling. I acquired a modicum of new Spanish during our week at Casa de Mita, but I still have a lot to learn. Guess I need more visits to the wonderful casa on Playa Careyeros, haha.

Don't blench at the prices. So much is included, and the staff does everything to make your vacation worry-free. Even including a loaner car for local trips, and a loaner local cell phone. No charge for laundry, snorkel gear, kayaks, etc etc. I probably shouldn't even be gushing on like this, but I can't help myself.

Here's a tip or two:

If the ocean is a little rough in front of the Casa, walk to the other end of the beach near the Punta de Mita beach club, just before the rocks. The water is quite calm there for swimming.

Save room for tequila tasting, in the tequila bar, after dinner.

If you have any problems or concerns, don't hesitate to bring it up to any of the staff. We had some ceiling fan and hot water issues, and they were handled promptly.

There are a few little critters around, it's nature, so bring something to repel any bugs, and soothe your skin if you're bitten. Nothing major, but it helps to be prepared.

Have a massage! Or a manicure/pedicure! Make love with the one who loves you :-)

And finally, don't tell anyone about this place......ooops!

We're already booked for next winter. Wish we could be back sooner.

Room Tip: Rooms 5 and 6 share a lovely balcony in addition to each room's personal balcony. One of the roo...
  • Stayed: February 2014, traveled with family
2  Thank northwestnerd
There are newer reviews for Casa De Mita

Reviewed February 19, 2014

We spent several days at the St. Regis in Punta de Mita and then several days at the Casa de Mita. Both were excellent. While Casa de Mita lacked the variety of restaurants and other ameniaties found at a large hotel, we totally enjoyed relaxed atmosphere and sense of privacy. It is a small hotel with great views. The food was wonderful and the staff did an outstanding job. We feel we had the best of both worlds on our trip. I am writing this review because I believe this small hotel with wonderful food, attentive staff, and a very relaxing environment should be recognized.

• Stayed: February 2014, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Rosenbloom
Reviewed February 1, 2014

We recently celebrated our 40th wedding anniversary in Punta Mita with friends and family and held one of our special dinners at Casa De Mita. The property is breath taking and the staff is lovely, helpful and accommodating. There were 14 of us dining and they set up a beautiful square table by the ocean. The set-up made it so easy to have conversation. The night was a full moon night with tons of stars, and the meal and the ambiance matched the natural surroundings. Everything we ordered was delicious and they were so helpful in adjusting to peoples dietary concerns. The best key lime pie ever! This was an incredibly special event and Casa De Mita made a wonderful celebration, PERFECT!

• Stayed: January 2014, traveled with family
Reviewed January 28, 2014

My husband and I just returned from 3 glorious days at Casa de Mita. it was not nearly long enough. We are beach people and the wonderful staff accommodated us with chairs and service on our own nearly "private" beach….heaven. We felt as if we were in a Corona commercial. The sand is white and the water very blue. It is a flat, wide walking beach with waves ideal for swimming. Our room (#1) was fantastic, with a lovely shower (lots of water pressure and hot water!), comfy bed and relaxing outdoor space. The food, wine, margaritas were superb. The staff-Maricio, Memo and his brother were top knotch and provided warm and friendly service. We cannot wait to return…5 stars all the way and worth the price.

Room Tip: I can't imaging there is a bad room but we loved room #1, overlooking the beach, pool and terrac...
  • Stayed: January 2014, traveled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
Reviewed January 27, 2014

Stayed almost a week with my husband. Luxurious, very quiet. If you get bored easily you should look for another property. Prices for some extras like spa were a little high but overall this was an excellent, relaxing trip. Food was really delicious, staff top notch. Only real complaint is that the water pressure in the shower was so incredibly poor that I actually had my husband filling up our empty water bottles in the sink and then trying to pour them on my head when I bathed so that I could get the soap out (not an easy thing to do with poor pressure when you have thick long hair full of sea salt.)

Reviewed January 24, 2014

I think the title about sums it up. Not much more to add that others haven't already said. The food is excellent, the beach is beautiful, but best of all is how the staff takes care of you during your stay. We stayed with a group of friends and after a full day of drinking and relaxing, we all went to bed leaving our various cameras, iphones, etc. laying about. It poured that night and the first thing I though when I woke up was that my very expensive camera was ruined, especially since the staff had left by the time we went to bed. Well I should have known better based on all the reviews. All of our stuff had been brought inside and was waiting for us the next morning. How many other vacation spots would do that for you? After that first night we never had to worry about leaving our stuff laying about.

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled with friends
1  Thank Steve M
Reviewed January 19, 2014

Defining what a boutique hotel is is not easy. Dictionaries and Wikis could make it easier on themselves by just putting a picture of Casa de Mita and a link to its website. Et voila!
Casa de Mita has been a favorite of ours for many years. Situated on a picturesque beach looking towards Punta Mita, it provides a relaxing, laid-back style of vacationing that we just can't get enough of. Why don't other hotels do this? One great price provides a great location, great service, great rooms, great cuisine and great drinks (quality wines and killer margaritas). And no children! Nothing against children but when you want to get away from them with your better half, you want a place that isn't necessarily providing you more of them. Casa de Mita is therefore a wonderful escape for adults.
Fifteen years ago we started a collection of boutique hotels in Mexico and we have been enjoying Mexico's finest ever since. We've been to at least a hundred of them, and Casa de Mita is right there at the top of our list.

Room Tip: Only a few rooms and they are all great. Spend most of your time in the common areas anyways so it r...
2  Thank Flojohn
#2 of 11 in Punta de Mita
Iberostar Playa Mita
Iberostar Playa Mita
#3 of 11 in Punta de Mita

Been to Casa De Mita? Share your experiences!