.....because we want them!
This is a great little gem of a place, and we found it to be perfect - for us. However don't come here if you:
1. Can't climb stairs
2. Are allergic to dogs (there are 3 here - Osita, or Little Bear, Madison, and Evita).
3. Need to be close to shopping and night life and lots of people
4. Can't sleep to the sound of the ocean
5. Need a big, fancy swimming pool
6. Don't like the sight of an iguana or two
7. Are on a diet
Ye host, Marc, advertises Casa de Mita as a "home away from home", and it truly is. Only better. Much, much better. In my home, I'm the one making the beds and washing the floors, and I don't do nearly as good a job as the housekeeping staff here - Maria, Alicia, and Lucy.
Also I'm not such a great cook compared to Octavio, Jesus, and Juanito. (Hope I got everyone's name right, and apologies if I didn't). Wow, what wonderful, fresh, well-prepared cuisine. The produce is wonderful, the best tomatoes I ever ate, anywhere. And they'll try to accommodate your every wish and diet requirement.
Plus, everything is served with gracious hospitality and efficiency. Muchissimas gracias to the caballeros muy simpaticos: Lalo, Memo, Manuel, Roberto, and Mauricio. Again, sorry if I'm mangling the spelling. I acquired a modicum of new Spanish during our week at Casa de Mita, but I still have a lot to learn. Guess I need more visits to the wonderful casa on Playa Careyeros, haha.
Don't blench at the prices. So much is included, and the staff does everything to make your vacation worry-free. Even including a loaner car for local trips, and a loaner local cell phone. No charge for laundry, snorkel gear, kayaks, etc etc. I probably shouldn't even be gushing on like this, but I can't help myself.
Here's a tip or two:
If the ocean is a little rough in front of the Casa, walk to the other end of the beach near the Punta de Mita beach club, just before the rocks. The water is quite calm there for swimming.
Save room for tequila tasting, in the tequila bar, after dinner.
If you have any problems or concerns, don't hesitate to bring it up to any of the staff. We had some ceiling fan and hot water issues, and they were handled promptly.
There are a few little critters around, it's nature, so bring something to repel any bugs, and soothe your skin if you're bitten. Nothing major, but it helps to be prepared.
Have a massage! Or a manicure/pedicure! Make love with the one who loves you :-)
And finally, don't tell anyone about this place......ooops!
We're already booked for next winter. Wish we could be back sooner.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Luxury Mexico boutique villa style hotel ... located on a secluded white sanded beach in Punta de Mita just north of Puerto Vallarta ... Hotel is an ''all inclusive'' formula so that the emphasis is on service and quality of total experience ... A wonderful interpretation of Mexican charm and hospitality with casual elegance that appeals to all the senses ... ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Travelocity, Hotels.com, Orbitz, Priceline and Agoda so you can book your Casa De Mita reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Casa De Mita Hotel Punta De Mita