NIGHTMARE AT The Royal Suites Punta Mita by Palladium, Puerto Vallarta
The resort, which boasts all inclusive offering, is nothing but a mediocre attempt to get to your wallet. Even then, they fail miserably.
COOKIE CUTTER HOTEL SERVICE AT BEST!
COMPLETE NEGLIGENCE AT WORST!
IT STARTS WITH HOTEL MANAGEMENT AND REFLECTS ON THE STAFF!
After traveling this world for more than 35 years, staying at most acclaimed hotels, like the Regent in Hong Kong, Shilla in Seoul, Four seasons in Bangkok, Cesar park in Buenos Ares, Little Palm Island in the Keys, El Nido in Pallawan, Taj in Mumbai, etc., etc., I have never had the kind of experience dished out by clearly under qualified and under motivated people. And, this refers to the management. Imagine the people they lead.
Mr. Fraguas, General Manager, sent me a standard apologetic form letter to justify his staff’s actions.
My -our- experience starts at the reservation level. I requested an ocean view room, which every brochure says they have. These, we come to learn later, are non existent. This is a statement by the Hotel General Manager, who, as I will explain later, justified his staff’s accusation of guest’s theft of an iron. An iron!!! Imagine.
We, during our stay tried to have a good attitude and fun for the couple of days we were going to enjoy in this publicized as “idyllic” location. The management of the Hotel was absent, unresponsive, procedural, indifferent and inefficient. When a guest dares to request anything or when approached with something different, management only limited themselves to citing the procedures and regulations. Pitiful and sad.
After consulted and approached about their lack of professionalism and tact, management continued to cite procedures. Even the General Manager, Mr Fraguas, did not return calls. Absurd and pathetic.
Avoid this Hotel at all costs, it is over advertised, exaggeratedly so.
I was accused upon check out, in the lobby of the hotel, of stealing an iron.
While it was clearly evident to the people there that it was a complete impossibility because it would not have fit in my luggage. Never mind that they had had control of my luggage without keys for many hours, containing computer, cameras, etc. with a value exceeding 20 times the value of an iron, they cited procedure and wanted to see my luggage. I have never been treated in this manner anywhere in the world.
The unresponsive, indifferent and repugnant treatment received at The Royal Suites Punta Mita by Palladium, is completely unprecedented in my many years of international travel.
AVOID THIS HOTEL AT ALL COSTS!!!
For a copy of my letter (in Spanish) to the unresponsive The Royal Suites Punta Mita by Palladium General Manager, Mr. Fraguas, please write to (--). I will be pleased to send you a copy.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Royal Suites Punta Mita is a newly constructed VIP section within the Palladium Vallarta Resort featuring 100 rooms and first class facilities and services such as a private restaurant with a la carte service, two private bars serving premium beverages, 24-hour room service, a private swimming pool heated during the winter season, unlimited dinner reservations at the theme restaurants, concierge service, and free Internet connection. Adults only during high season. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Travelocity, Hotels.com, Booking.com, Orbitz, Hotwire, TripOnline SA, Cancelon, Evoline ltd and getaroom.com so you can book your The Royal Suites Punta de Mita reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Royal Suites Punta Mita By Palladium Hotel Punta De Mita
- Royal Hotel Punta De Mita