The Royal Suites Punta de Mita
W Punta de Mita(Punta de Mita)(Great Value!)
$350
WHotels.com
The St. Regis Punta Mita Resort(Punta de Mita)(Great Value!)
$618
$455
Stregis.com
Grand Palladium Vallarta Resort & Spa(Punta de Mita)(Great Value!)
$190
  • Breakfast included
$296
$199
HotelsForEveryone
  • Pool
Hotel Meson de Mita(Punta de Mita)(Great Value!)
$56
Destino Alamar(Punta de Mita)(Great Value!)
$160
Four Seasons Resort Punta Mita(Punta de Mita)(Great Value!)
$675
$350
Orbitz.com
  • Pool
Iberostar Playa Mita(Punta de Mita)(Great Value!)
$337
$278
Hotelpower.com
  • Breakfast included
Imanta Resort(Punta de Mita)(Great Value!)
$765
$742
Casa De Mita(Punta de Mita)(Great Value!)
$745
$679
1,256 results
All reviewsroyal sidelobsteralfredoroyal restaurantsuites poolfruit skewerspool sidemaster suitepillow menuribspalladium resortmain resortprivate restaurantpool barjacuzzi tuba la cartetravel club
Reviewed July 20, 2014

My friend and I booked this hotel through a Groupon deal. We are pretty happy with our experience. We got to enjoy some very warm weather, the beach, and many, many delicious drinks. The rooms are pretty average, we were very thankful for the A/C in the hot weather. There were only a couple of hiccups during our stay. One night during a lightning storm, our power went out and then came back on after a few minutes, but it continued to turn off and on throughout the night. I'm not sure that there was much the hotel could actually do about that, it was just slightly annoying. The only other complaint that we had was that somehow our room wasn't cleaned one day. We usually came back to our room about 3 or 4pm to get changed and relax and it was always clean by the time we got back, but on this day it hadn't been. We left again for the evening, thinking that maybe they might have forgotten and would get to it, but by the time we returned from dinner it was still the same. I would have brought it to the staff's attention the next day, but we were leaving the next morning, so there wasn't much time for a remedy of the situation. But other than those two things, we really enjoyed the rest of our stay. The staff of the hotel is amazing. I think our experience with the staff really made the difference between good and excellent. Marbella at the bar in the lobby always greeted us with a smile and made us laugh. Jose (or Juan) who helped us bring our bags to the room was awesome and really friendly making sure we knew where everything was. Jose and Rodrigo?(I'm not sure if that is his name, he worked the front desk in the lobby and wore a white shirt), went the extra mile when our company made a mistake with the taxi at our departure and made sure we got to the airport in time. Mauro was also very helpful many times with questions. Luciano and ALL of the staff at the Punta Mita Restaurant were great! Always a smile and very accommodating. Humberto at Bambu also made our dinner that night wonderful. Raul was very helpful as well with making reservations, and always asking if there was anything we needed. And of course we can't forget Gilberto, our butler. Gilberto really made sure that our stay was outstanding. He helped us figure out and schedule a trip to the Marietas Islands, which ended up being the highlight of our trip. He was always very pleasant and has a great sense of humor. He always made us feel like we were taken care of and that if we did have any problems or complaints we could definitely approach him. He didn't just say that he would take care of it, he actually did. The beaches were pretty nice, a little rocky, I would bring beach shoes with you. We left with a few scrapes and bruises, but nothing too terrible. Overall, it was a great vacation for us.

• Stayed: July 2014, traveled with friends
1  Thank caligirl8618
Alejandro C, Manager at The Royal Suites Punta de Mita, responded to this reviewResponded July 21, 2014

Dear caligirl8618,
On behalf of The Royal Suites Punta de Mita, I would like to thank you for taking the time to give us your comments while still staying at our Resort in July with your friend. I will pass your nice remarks to the people you mentioned in your review (Marbella, José, Rodrigo, Luciano, Gilberto…).
We continuously work to make every guest’s holiday a great experience, and it is very important for us to realize that our effort is successful. As you said we hope you have had a great time with us and with our staff.
We hope to see you again in the future and please, feel free to contact us for your next visit or for any further matter.
Best regards,

Reviewed July 14, 2014

I booked this hotel through Hotels.com. The hotel.com website stated that the reservation was for 1 room with double occupancy. I showed up at the hotel and they told me I had only booked for 1 person. They wanted another $200 per night for my husband to be added to the reservation. I had already paid just under $200 for the original reservation during low season (mid May). I tried to reason with the staff but they were inflexible; despite the fact that I went online and showed them that I could book through hotels.com for $219 for the exact room - double occupancy. I suggested that we pay an extra $50 per night but again they were inflexible. We looked around and the place wasn't that nice -definitely not worth even $200 per night. So we cancelled our reservation - lost the first night's deposit but it was worth it. We found a beautiful little hotel in Sayulita called Hotelito Los Suenos. This place was an oasis - especially because it was so clean and new. The pool was perfect and they also lent out bikes and surfboards. There is also a yoga studio here and a delicious smoothie bar - YUM!

I recently found out that Palladium Suites is part of our timeshare exchange with II. The rate for the hotel is very cheap but the meal plan is 120 per day. Not worth it. There are too many other great hotels in the area like Rancho Banderas and Los Veneros. Don't take a chance on this outdated hotel - you will likely be disappointed.

• Stayed: May 2014, traveled as a couple
4  Thank afriesen
Alejandro C, Manager at The Royal Suites Punta de Mita, responded to this reviewResponded July 17, 2014

Dear afriesen,
Thanks a lot for your comments and for giving us your feedback of your stay in The Royal Suites Punta de Mita. I would like to apologize for any discomfort you experienced during your stay.
We regret the problems you write in your report. I’m so sorry and personally I will review each of your comments to prevent this in the future with other guests. On the other hand you must understand that we had the information that hotels.com website gave us before your arrival, where a person was on the reserve and not two. I also commented you that The Royal Suites Punta de Mita is not part of timeshare exchange. I would like to apologize again you had to move from our Resort and finish your stay at a boarding house in Sayulita.

Thank you again for your remarks. Please do not hesitate to contact us for any further information.

Reviewed July 14, 2014 via mobile

My husband and I visited the hotel 2 weeks ago, this was our first time there and to be honest, based on the description in the web site, we assumed we wouldn't find loud teenagers, our mistake! Apparently teenagers decided to take vacation at the same time. We really liked the hotel, it is a really relaxing place where u can relax and enjoy ur couple :) only but will be the distances between the rooms and the rest of the hotel. Everything is far and u get to walk a lot. The spa, on the other hand, is awasome!!!!! Services are great and people is really nice. Also the spa facilities are beautiful and u get to enjoy the steam and the cold and hot jacuzzi. We spend a great time there, we definitely need to try it again :)

Stayed: July 2014, traveled as a couple
1  Thank sandra F

Dear Sandra F,
First of all, I would like to thank you for the good comments about your last stay in July in our Resort The Royal Suites Punta de Mita and for bringing up the services that can help all visitors in their next trips.
I am glad that you enjoyed your vacation with us and we will take note about your comments about our staff and services, in order to improve our performance day after day, so we can do our best to make sure that every guest has a great experience here. I am pleased to see you enjoyed our Zentropia Spa also, we are very happy for that.
If you decide to come back again or if there is anything else we can do for you, please, do not hesitate to contact us directly,
Warm regards,

Reviewed July 11, 2014

Hi, i have stayed in several 5 star all inclusive hotels around the Caribbean and can definitely say that quality offered was more 4 star at max in this hotel. We upgraded after getting a heart attack of a fright at the Grand Palladium resort; and how it was promised we thought it was going to be a similar luxury at a great price to a Sandals. Butler is shared between 2 buildings and follows up issues occasionally. Food is also a hit and miss, not being hot but luke-warm at best. Service in general is nice all around (thanks to Giovanni, Lupita, Mauro, too many to mention all). Service at pool bar is horrible and they are also vulgar in Spanish around guests. The positive thing is, that lobster is offered everyday in the suites which is part of the package. We are big wine drinkers and the wine offered (except for the sparkling wine) is very low quality. Jacuzzi room close to the bedroom is the best type of room in my opinion but apart from that , in my opinion it is still not very good quality. Next time, if in PV will definitely stay at an other resort

Room Tip: take rooms with jacuzzi close to the bed room, worth it after a day in the sun
  • Stayed: July 2014, traveled as a couple
1  Thank AND170282
Alejandro C, Manager at The Royal Suites Punta de Mita, responded to this reviewResponded July 12, 2014

Dear ANDNat1212,
I would like to thank you for your comments about your last vacation in our Resort in July. I comment you the same I said before to your couple few days ago on her report. We appreciate all the positive comments you had for us and also. I will pass your nice remarks to the people you mentioned in your review (Giovanni, Lupita, Mario…).
We regret the problems that you have been caused at times as you mentioned. We take note of that, in order to improve our performance day after day.

Reviewed July 10, 2014

We just returned from our trip to the Royal Suites and can't say enough about the entire staff who were just awesome from the minute we got to the resort, rather late in evening I must say. Mauro greeted us with a smile and helped us to our room and graciously showed us around the resort. We celebrated our 15th anniversary and returned to our room on 2 separate occasions, once to petals on the bed, towel animals & a hand drawn anniversary card by our awesome butler Miguel; another time with a banner across our door and again petals and large lilies on the bed. Gilberto, the other butler was amazing, listened to what we liked and then shared so much information with us about the area and places to see that it really made our entire vacation phenomenal (we rented a car for week and drove the PV/Nayarit area). The bartenders were all great and the drinks wonderful. I can never say enough about wonderful Marbella who makes drinks with her soul and connects with her heart. The food is excellent at the Royal Suites and although we had access to restaurants at the Palladium, we never went. Each day / night was a different menu (although you can get lobster every night if you like) and every thing we ate was delicious. We have been fortunate enough to travel extensively and the wait staff were some of the most professional and attentive I have ever encountered. They always made you feel welcome and genuinely wanted to help us enjoy our stay. Martin was right there anticipating what you may need, Alfredo paying attention to details & Nestor going above & beyond to make sure my husband had a nice bottle of wine accessible from the pool area. The hotel is nice and well kept, although the pool could use a bit of attention & updates on a few of the furnishings. Although the beach was a bit rocky (shoes are needed) the waves are tough and it makes for a difficult swim. However, they have made a saltwater pool which is shared with the Palladium and allows for great swimming in the ocean without the pounding. Overall, the entire staff is what made for a great stay at the Royal Suites. I wouldn't hesitate to recommend it, particularly if you are looking for top notch service.

Room Tip: There are only 4 ocean view rooms, but Bldg 5 is good (jungle side)
  • Stayed: July 2014, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Amuranth
Alejandro C, Manager at The Royal Suites Punta de Mita, responded to this reviewResponded July 11, 2014

Dear Amuranth,
On behalf of The Royal Suites Punta de Mita staff, I would like to thank you for taking the time to give us your comments while still staying at our Resort in July with your couple. I will pass your nice remarks to the people you mentioned in your review (Miguel, Gilberto, Marbella…).
We continuously work to make every guest’s holiday a great experience, and it is very important for us to realize that our effort is successful. As you said we hope you have had a great time with us.
Warm regards,