“Great spa! ”

The Royal Suites Punta de Mita
Ranked #4 of 11 Hotels in Punta de Mita
GreenLeadersGold level
Reviewed July 14, 2014 via mobile

My husband and I visited the hotel 2 weeks ago, this was our first time there and to be honest, based on the description in the web site, we assumed we wouldn't find loud teenagers, our mistake! Apparently teenagers decided to take vacation at the same time. We really liked the hotel, it is a really relaxing place where u can relax and enjoy ur couple :) only but will be the distances between the rooms and the rest of the hotel. Everything is far and u get to walk a lot. The spa, on the other hand, is awasome!!!!! Services are great and people is really nice. Also the spa facilities are beautiful and u get to enjoy the steam and the cold and hot jacuzzi. We spend a great time there, we definitely need to try it again :)

Stayed: July 2014, traveled as a couple
1  Thank sandra F
Alejandro C, Manager at The Royal Suites Punta de Mita, responded to this reviewResponded July 17, 2014

Dear Sandra F,
First of all, I would like to thank you for the good comments about your last stay in July in our Resort The Royal Suites Punta de Mita and for bringing up the services that can help all visitors in their next trips.
I am glad that you enjoyed your vacation with us and we will take note about your comments about our staff and services, in order to improve our performance day after day, so we can do our best to make sure that every guest has a great experience here. I am pleased to see you enjoyed our Zentropia Spa also, we are very happy for that.
If you decide to come back again or if there is anything else we can do for you, please, do not hesitate to contact us directly,
Warm regards,

Write a ReviewReviews (1,254)

Reviewed July 11, 2014

Hi, i have stayed in several 5 star all inclusive hotels around the Caribbean and can definitely say that quality offered was more 4 star at max in this hotel. We upgraded after getting a heart attack of a fright at the Grand Palladium resort; and how it was promised we thought it was going to be a similar luxury at a great price to a Sandals. Butler is shared between 2 buildings and follows up issues occasionally. Food is also a hit and miss, not being hot but luke-warm at best. Service in general is nice all around (thanks to Giovanni, Lupita, Mauro, too many to mention all). Service at pool bar is horrible and they are also vulgar in Spanish around guests. The positive thing is, that lobster is offered everyday in the suites which is part of the package. We are big wine drinkers and the wine offered (except for the sparkling wine) is very low quality. Jacuzzi room close to the bedroom is the best type of room in my opinion but apart from that , in my opinion it is still not very good quality. Next time, if in PV will definitely stay at an other resort

Room Tip: take rooms with jacuzzi close to the bed room, worth it after a day in the sun
1  Thank AND170282
Alejandro C, Manager at The Royal Suites Punta de Mita, responded to this reviewResponded July 12, 2014

Dear ANDNat1212,
I would like to thank you for your comments about your last vacation in our Resort in July. I comment you the same I said before to your couple few days ago on her report. We appreciate all the positive comments you had for us and also. I will pass your nice remarks to the people you mentioned in your review (Giovanni, Lupita, Mario…).
We regret the problems that you have been caused at times as you mentioned. We take note of that, in order to improve our performance day after day.

Thank you again for your remarks. Please do not hesitate to contact us for any further information.

Reviewed July 10, 2014

We just returned from our trip to the Royal Suites and can't say enough about the entire staff who were just awesome from the minute we got to the resort, rather late in evening I must say. Mauro greeted us with a smile and helped us to our room and graciously showed us around the resort. We celebrated our 15th anniversary and returned to our room on 2 separate occasions, once to petals on the bed, towel animals & a hand drawn anniversary card by our awesome butler Miguel; another time with a banner across our door and again petals and large lilies on the bed. Gilberto, the other butler was amazing, listened to what we liked and then shared so much information with us about the area and places to see that it really made our entire vacation phenomenal (we rented a car for week and drove the PV/Nayarit area). The bartenders were all great and the drinks wonderful. I can never say enough about wonderful Marbella who makes drinks with her soul and connects with her heart. The food is excellent at the Royal Suites and although we had access to restaurants at the Palladium, we never went. Each day / night was a different menu (although you can get lobster every night if you like) and every thing we ate was delicious. We have been fortunate enough to travel extensively and the wait staff were some of the most professional and attentive I have ever encountered. They always made you feel welcome and genuinely wanted to help us enjoy our stay. Martin was right there anticipating what you may need, Alfredo paying attention to details & Nestor going above & beyond to make sure my husband had a nice bottle of wine accessible from the pool area. The hotel is nice and well kept, although the pool could use a bit of attention & updates on a few of the furnishings. Although the beach was a bit rocky (shoes are needed) the waves are tough and it makes for a difficult swim. However, they have made a saltwater pool which is shared with the Palladium and allows for great swimming in the ocean without the pounding. Overall, the entire staff is what made for a great stay at the Royal Suites. I wouldn't hesitate to recommend it, particularly if you are looking for top notch service.

Room Tip: There are only 4 ocean view rooms, but Bldg 5 is good (jungle side)
1  Thank Amuranth
Alejandro C, Manager at The Royal Suites Punta de Mita, responded to this reviewResponded July 11, 2014

Dear Amuranth,
On behalf of The Royal Suites Punta de Mita staff, I would like to thank you for taking the time to give us your comments while still staying at our Resort in July with your couple. I will pass your nice remarks to the people you mentioned in your review (Miguel, Gilberto, Marbella…).
We continuously work to make every guest’s holiday a great experience, and it is very important for us to realize that our effort is successful. As you said we hope you have had a great time with us.
We hope to see you again in the future and please, feel free to contact us for your next visit or for any further matter.
Warm regards,

Reviewed July 10, 2014 via mobile

I stayed in this property at the beginning of July. Originally my booking was for the Palladium next door but I paid for the upgrade and moved into the a Royal Suites. Quite possibly the one of the best hotels I've ever stayed in.

Firstly for anyone who isn't so keen on hot weather your in for a nightmare! Right up until we departed the forecast was cloudy for weeks but we didn't have anything but blazing hot sunshine and the humidity is off the scale, I've never experienced anything quite like it and I've travelled numerous places in the world.

I was allocated in room 5210 the room was huge with a hot tub within the bathroom, full walk in shower, balcony with table and chairs, tv, mini bar, sofa, DVD and the usual safe and storage space. I would recommend requesting a room facing the jungle as the other side can be prone to noise from the Palladium complex.
Also request a high floor, we overheard guests having issues with crabs and lizards in their rooms.
On the whole the complex was very quiet when I stayed, myself and partner were the only british people for the first few days the rest being American and Canadian, everyone was very nice.

The pool area is quite big, there is plenty of seating and there is a lower terrace as well as an exclusive beach area which at points didn't have anyone on at all. The sun loungers never got busy and it's a case when you can have full access to the pools at some points.

The hotel is very very quiet, if your wanting a quiet place to stay this is it, there is no evening entertainment you would need to walk to the palladium next door, it didn't really both us.

There is a lobby bar with amazing selection of branded drinks as well as a pool bar, the service is waitered by the pool and it's first class.

Wifi is free within the whole complex it can be a bit temperamental at times, we only had wifi by the pool for 2 days and then it packed in.

The restaurant is waitered and the service along with the food is very good, avoid sitting in the sun in the evening due to the humidity, it's beyond hot, id also recommend wearing loose clothing as the air conditioning within the pool side restaurant is pointless.
Again as other people have mentioned there is also a situation with birds and flies here, birds can get through the netting around the eating area, flies are an issue around the self service fruit and cold meats bit, safe to say I didn't go anywhere near it.
The selection changes every day and you have to request lobster if you want it, they are quite flexible and will cook you anything you want.
If your wanting a buffet restaurant I would advise you go next door to the Palladium, the quality of the food is just as good as in the royal suites , we alternated several times the only thing that put us off the pool side restaurant was the air conditioning situation.

Room service is free within the hotel and you get a decent selection of food, the quality is very good and the service is very speedy.

The staff make this place, they are very attentive and speedy, the maids and cleaners are excellent.

I would most certainly stay at this hotel again, I stayed for a week and travelled 12 hours from the UK. This was enough for me I don't think I would have been able to handle the heat for 14 days.

• Stayed: July 2014
2  Thank Twitter1

Dear Twitter1,
Thank you for your nice report about your stay in The Royal Suites Punta de Mita and also for your nice comments about your last holidays in July with your couple. I hope your return to England has been the most enjoyable.
I was very pleased to read all the positive comments you had for us and our services and facilities, I’m really glad you enjoyed your days with us.
Thanks again for your remarks and we expect to see you again in the future.

Reviewed July 8, 2014

We upgraded from GP after three nights as we couldnt stand the mexican spring break going on at the other hotel (read my review on the GP page). We have to thank Misael, Miguel, Gilberto and Eddie for their lovely treatment, from the bars Marbella and the epic Giovanni. The rooms as other guests advised us, were nice but a little bit dated in the sense the sofa, the curtains etc need a bit of TLC. We loved the Jacuzzi in the middle of the room even though you have to perform a long jump to get in. The amenities like shower gel etc are the same as in the GP, just different packaging. We loved the room service even though to order you have to order with reception and most of the time they could not speak English. Trying to order French toast and he repeats after you Frank Press might be risky....frustrating if you are in a hurry before a tour...sometimes Gilberto had to call back to confirm our order. Thank you. The staff however never complained coming up three floors with our food - thanks hector, roberto you rock!! The problem was that the food was always lukewarm max, cold many times, pizza dough was raw most of the times. The receptionist who checked us in at the GP who spoke no English was sometimes at the suites. I mean....The biggest problem as I described in my GP review was the expectations because of the way they market the royal suites - the promised butler is a butler between ALL the guests at the suites, so they are literally going crazy. All the guests For every request they have to check for you or revert you to another department as they do not have the power to help you. E.g. reservations - they can make your reservations (which are not required at all as they removed the reservation policy for the restaurants, so you go and maximum wait 15mins at the bar. They give you a beeper which beeps when your table is ready). No need for reservations. We tried to reserve Viva Mexico outside for the sunset but the butler said he could not reserve the area. Guys who witnessed butler service at Sandals know what I mean. Not even comparable, forget drinks, food etc. Not an option. This is ok, if you don't wrongly expect it because of how it is sold. Sometimes as also witnessed butlers working as concierge at the GP. That is not acceptable. Next to the pool, service is practically non-existent - there is one guy serving the upper area of the pool VERY SLOWLY, maybe you will get two rounds max, if you are in the lower part forget it. Snacks can be served pool side, which I loved, but we had to yell in groups to attract his attention even for drinks. The bar staff can also be understood swearing in Spanish - they think no one speaks spanish. I understood them swearing at guests when they ordered rounds, passing sexual comments about women. I felt very uncomfortable when one of afternoon pool bar staff (I think his name was Luis) at about 7pm asked me where is my husband (as at that time I went for a dip alone) and if he will be around later. It was not a friendly comment it was clear the guy was hitting on me, and that was not nice at all. Why do you do that?The food is ok-ish, I wonder if the raving reviews about the food is for the same restaurant - service staff are very nice (hector, roberto THANK YOU for the funny jokes) but the food was very hit and miss- the steak was sometimes inedible, and sometimes food way too salty. Our holiday had already had a bad start as you can read from my review of Butlins.sorry I meant GP ...so thanks for again Misael, Miguel, Lupita, Gilberto and GIOVANI who tried their utmost to make sure we had a great holiday, but sorry GP, will not travel 2 days again from the other side of the world to be there.

Room Tip: away from disco area.
2  Thank Jamaica29
Alejandro C, Manager at The Royal Suites Punta de Mita, responded to this reviewResponded July 9, 2014

Dear Jamaica29,
I would like to thank you for your nice comments about your last vacation in our Resort in July. I appreciate all the positive comments you had for us and also. I will pass your nice remarks to the people you mentioned in your review (Misael, Miguel, Lupita, Gilberto, Giovanni…).

Kind regards,

Reviewed July 1, 2014

My husband stayed at the Royal Suites from 21 - 28 June 2014. We have travelled all the globe and stayed at some very nice 5*, the staff at this Resort are the best I have ever seen. They always greet you with a small and took care of the smallest details. It was our 40th wedding anniversary and the staff were made aware of this. Well what a nice surprise to back to our room, flowers petals over the bed a bottle of chilled champagne. Then one morning at breakfast, my husband who always orders 3 eggs only got 2, we thought nothing of it, but the third egg arrived with an apology. The staff by the pool were excellent always coming around to see if you needed anything. Cannot zero in on one because they were excellent.

Because the Royal Suites is smaller the staff very quickly learn who you are and because it is smaller we got to meet a lot of nice people. The only downside is the beach is not great, the resort has no control over that. Be sure to bring beach shoes.

Food is excellent at the Royal Suites side. We tried two of the other restaurants on the other side, the Rib place was very good. Do not waste your time with the Italian, not only were the staff extremely rude, the food here is the worst I have had in a very long time. After that we decided to stay at the Royal Suites side.

We would highly recommend this resort.

• Stayed: June 2014, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Linda2455
Alejandro C, Manager at The Royal Suites Punta de Mita, responded to this reviewResponded July 3, 2014

Dear Linda2455,
Thanks a lot for the good comments about your last stay with your couple in The Royal Suites Punta de Mita and for bringing up the services that can help all visitors in their next trips.
I am glad that you enjoyed your vacation with us and we will take note about your comments about our staff (thank you so much), food, activities and services, in order to improve our performance day after day, so we can do our best to make sure that every guest has a great experience here. We appreciate so much comments like you are detailing here because is very encouraging read reviews like yours.
Thanks again and if you decide to come back next year or if there is anything else we can do for you, please, do not hesitate to contact us directly,
Best Regards,

Reviewed June 27, 2014

We stayed in PV in March, Royal Suites is very different, carved out of the jungle, hard to even find from the road. Pools look down on empty rocky beach and across bay to southern mountains. No evidence of any other hotels or anything manmade is visible.
The staff, as in PV earlier, made our week delightful. Gilberto can arrange anything, Javier and everyone at the Punta Mita Restaurant were patient and accommodating. Michael, young Sergio and others at the bar and pool kept us happy. Too many to name, I'm sorry to leave anyone out! We sense a wonderful culture of pride in their beautiful homeland and professionalism in their work.
Yes, we are already talking about when we can return.

Room Tip: Stay away from disco, very loud, very late
  • Stayed: June 2014, traveled as a couple
1  Thank JMTMcCann
Alejandro C, Manager at The Royal Suites Punta de Mita, responded to this reviewResponded June 28, 2014

Dear JMTMcCann,
On behalf of The Royal Suites Punta de Mita staff, I would like to thank you for taking the time to give us your comments while still staying at our Resort. I will pass your nice opinion to the people that you mentioned in your review (Gilberto, Javier, Sergio…).
I am glad that you and your couple enjoyed your stay with us because is gratifying to know that our guest enjoyed their vacations and we are providing our best services for them.
Thanks again, we hope to see you again in the future and please, feel free to contact us for your next visit or for any further matter.

Also consider these accommodations in or near Punta de Mita
#10 of 11 in Punta de Mita
Villa del Palmar Flamingos Beach Resort & Spa Riviera Nayarit
Grand Palladium Vallarta Resort & Spa
The St. Regis Punta Mita Resort

Been to The Royal Suites Punta de Mita? Share your experiences!