“Great resort” 5 of 5 bubbles

GreenLeadersGold level
B.C.
“Great resort”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 8, 2013

My husband and I went to the Royal Suites at the Palladium Punta de Mita for a one-week vacation. We met friends down there (they had arrived a few days previously). For the most part we had an excellent time - the staff was friendly and helpful, the rooms were clean, and the food was fantastic. We stayed in the Royal Suites which is adult-only. The Palladium itself (which we had access to) allows kids and most of the action was over there - several restaurants and pools, bars, a spa, great white sandy beach. The beach on the Royal Suites side was rocky and not conducive to swimming although there was a sandy stretch where there were lounge chairs and bali beds. The Royal Suites side has its own restaurant and bar, right at the pool. There are two blocks of suites on the Royal Suites side, each with its own butler who deals with any issues that come up and he also makes reservations for you at the restaurants (there were no reservations needed for the Royal Suites restaurant, the Punta Mita).

Now for the downside of staying here - we didn't have any problems with the staff but we met people down there who had stayed there a few times before and they said that there is a lot fewer staff now than previously, probably due to the economy. They had problems with noisy neighbours in the middle of the night as well which two different butlers said they would deal with but they never did. Our friends were very upset at the lack of response.

In our room we had a bedside clock which didn't work - my husband checked to see if it was plugged in and was surprised to find a hole in the wall with a bunch of exposed wires, duct-taped to the wall. We didn't worry too much about that but it was not what you'd expect from a 5 star hotel. Also, the beds (we had two double beds) were quite hard and uncomfortable.

The resort is a long way from Puerto Vallarta - about an hour by bus. We did go in one day, and to Bucerias (a village halfway to PV) another day. If you are going there purely for relaxation and sun, and to get pampered, the Palladium is for you! If, however, you want to do a lot of sightseeing it's not the best choice.

All in all we were very pleased with our stay. The staff was great, especially Alfredo in the restaurant and Roman who was the poolside waiter, and the butler Diego.

Room Tip: There are three floors to each block of suites at the Royal Suites - and no elevators. If you have...
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled with friends
1 Thank Medea62
Alejandro C, Manager at The Royal Suites Punta de Mita by Palladium, responded to this review, March 2, 2013
Dear Medea62,
Thank you for your kind words about your stay in The Royal Suites Punta Mita. We are really glad to comprehend that you’ve enjoyed your vacations. All comments, bad and good, are very important to us for constantly improving the quality of our service.
Thanks again, we hope to see you again in the future and please, feel free to contact us for your next visit or for any further matter.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (386)
Victoria, Canada
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 5, 2013

Very much enjoyed our stay at the resort. It has a bit of everything for everyone - surfing, variety of resuarants, shows, disco, spa... Rooms were clean, roomy and comfortable... Our waiters in the Punta Mita restaurant were very accomodating and we were well taken care of by Carlos, Angel and Alfredo.... service with a smile and always willing to go the extra mile. The best food on the Palladium side was at the BBQ but the RIbs and More was a close second... must say though we really enjoyed the FRESH soups and our lobster dinners in the Punta Mita Resuarant. We have nothing but wonderful compliments to Omar and Ceasar at the Front Desk... never hestitated to take care of our requests and answer our questions; very knowledgable of what was going on outside the resort in the local areas; got to experience some local food and entertainment :-). A MUST do is a massage and FREE hydrotherapy.... would go back just to experience again. Very relaxing vacation...

My only disappointment was with the hotelbeds booking desk.... my suggestion if you are going to book a tour do it directly with the tour company; as if you need to change things they do it; although hotelbeds says they have a 'refund policy' they didn't seem to honour it altough the tour company itself said they would give us a 'refund'.

Beautiful resort... good food, good times, met lots good people; can't ask for much more. Thank you!

Room Tip: Try to get a room in the 5000 block with the bathtub right in the room :-)
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
2 Thank Jules R
AnaMCastro, General Manager at The Royal Suites Punta de Mita by Palladium, responded to this review, March 2, 2013
Dear Jules R
I would like to thank you for your positive comments about Royal Suites Punta de Mita. I really appreciate that you enjoyed your vacations. I will take note about your comments and I will send them to our staff. We are continuously working in order to keep our guest expectations high and the comments that we receive from our guests help us to know if we are on the right path.
I will take note too regards your comments about our Ribs and More restaurant in order to improve our service there.
I hope that you decide to spend your next vacation with us and if there is anything that we can do, please let me know or send me an email
Bancroft, Canada
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 5, 2013 via mobile

My husband and I stayed at the Royal Suites for two weeks Jan.18-Feb.1st. This was our second time at this resort. As soon as I walked through the doors I felt like I was home! It was even more beautiful there than I remembered!!
Your staff are second to none! Most of them we knew from our last stay..some had sadly moved on (Manuel, Nestor) and we were a little disappointed at that..but, everyone was absolutely wonderful..if I leave out any names I am sorry..it is not intentional!
Alfredo.."Don" Alfredo as Gary called him is such a beautiful gentleman..he was always so pleasant and genuinely caring. Angel (my special Angel:) he makes you feel as though you are the only customer..pulling out chairs "for you my lady" :) don't ever change..Tino, always smiling no matter what, helpful always asked how I was..more on that later) Hector, Carlos..I didn't get to breakfast too much..but they always had friendly hellos when I saw them. Marcario, what can I say..you are one of the kindest people I have met..always happy when I would have lost my cool with people, Marcelino..I hope you have your voice back!! I miss you and thank you so much for all you do to keep us happy..you make the best mango Vallarta!! Actually so does Marcario!! lol Roman..always running, feeding and watering us..and always smiling..seems to be a theme here, all your staff on the royal side made our stay fantastic..oh and Daniel..cute young man..seems shy but always right there to take care of things..our housekeeper, Mayra was fabulous!! So sweet and always had some new towel "creation" I think she liked how excited I'd get..such a beautiful, happy lady..thank you one and all...Muchas Gracias!!!
Unfortunately, I became very ill while there, went deep sea fishing and became sea sick..it was so bad that I was in bed for 3 days..everyone, and I mean everyone of the staff knew and were doing their best to take care of me or to ask Gary how I was and if they could do anything for me..our butler went to the store and got me medicine and brought soda crackers to try to get me to eat..I can't remember the chefs name but he made me chicken rice soup and I have to say it was the best soup ever! It was so good I asked for it again the next day..not a problem..we made sure to meet him and give him a tip..I am sure that soup was the cure!!:)
We didn't have to leave the adult side..tried the buffet a couple of nights but the selection of the menus on the Royal side was fabulous..and even if you wanted something that wasn't on the menu you'd get it!! With a smile too!
Any issues we had were minor and taken care of in a timely manner..some would complain that they take to long but I think they forget that it isn't just about them!!!
We also went to the other side for the band "Memories" they were very entertaining..why not have them over on the adult side so we can watch the entertainment without parents letting their children run rampant???
We are not sun worshippers and one thing that Gary would like to see is an air conditioned bar overlooking the ocean (adult) or failing that..some shade by the Punta Mita bar..say, palm leaves overhead for the Canadian siesta at 3pm!! :)
We met so many wonderful people and it was a vacation we will remember for a long time!
Thank you one and all..our Mexican family!!
Janet & Gary (Toro) :)

• Stayed January 2013
North Vancouver
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 5, 2013

This was our fifth trip to this resort so we pretty much knew what to expect however there have been some changes made. Our last visit was over two years ago and as a result there are some differences. The check in experience is different as now you deal with a "butler" rather than a front desk person. After that, you are taken to your suite and given the mini tour. You are now given four bottles of booze (Rum/Tequila/Scotch/Vodka), as complementary with refills at no charge. Herein lies the problem. I ran out of Rum after four days so asked the maid to replace it. She told me to contact the front desk which I subsequently did. I was told by the desk that he would check and let me know? Next day no Rum so I called again and was told only one bottle of each type of liquor per suite per visit! This was of course directly contrary to what the butler told us where the only caveat was not to take the booze out of your room.
I did also notice minor items which required repair such as door stops, toilet paper holders, sink stopper, balcony window etc. The maid service was spotty as one day you'd only be given one robe, no bath mat, no glasses, etc. You are given a choice of pillows so, we chose latex.
It took two days of inquiring before our request was filled. Around the pool, wheels were literally falling off the lounge chairs.
Now for the good stuff, the Punta Mita restaurant was excellent as usual and in my opinion the food is even better than it was in the past! Alfredo, Hector, Carlos and the serving staff for breakfast and lunch and are truly amazing gentlemen! The evening staff are also great.
From my personal perspective, it's a waste of time to go to the Grand Palladium to visit the a la carte restaurants as they don't even come close to the exclusive Royal Suites restaurant.
In summary, it appears that in order to gain the Grand Palladium rating that the money and effort has been spent on that side of the resort not on the Royal Suites side.
Will we go back? That depends on whether the service and ambiance return...

Room Tip: Villa 2 is the best but, not the ground floor.
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank lebikerboy
Dear lebikerboy,
First of all, I would like to thank you for the good comments about your fifth stay in our Resort, this time in The Royal Suites Punta Mita.
We take very seriously all comments and suggestions that we receive from our guest in order to improve our services day to day. We will check your remarks about Royal Suites side because the opinions of our repeat customers are very important for us.
Thank you again for your comments and we hope to see you again in the future, for your sixth stay.
Kind regards,
Calgary, Canada
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 30, 2013

We were here for the first week of December 2012. It was the first vacation I've ever been on, and my future-in-laws were nice enough to bring along myself and my new fiancé! It was an amazing experience (which was helped along by the fact that we got engaged our first night there)! All of the wait staff and bartenders were awesome, and so attentive! At night they would even put together three tables for us and all the friends we made. I have never been so relaxed in my life! We can't wait to go back, and if we can't make it back this year, we'll definitely be back for our honeymoon next year!

Room Tip: Rooms facing the trees are much quieter - you can't hear the family side of the resort or the se...
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Kayla G
Dear Mrs Kayla M
I am glad to know that you and your partner enjoyed your stay with us. I really appreciate the time that you took to write your comments about your stay in Royal Suites Punta de Mita.
I would like to send you our congratulations regards your next wedding!!!!

I hope you decide to spend your honeymoon with us and if there is anything that we can do, please let me know or send me an email.
Best regards
nanaimo bc
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 27, 2013

The resort is small and cozy, just perfect for couples. Our butler Jesse and staff were a delight. Always there to ensure you are well taken care of. Unless a gold band appears in you vacinity,then you will be brushed off. Marcelino is the best bar keep ive had the pleasure to meet his smile and service no matter your band colour was exemplatory. Francisco thier spa rep is a delight, seek him out. Hector our driver was excellent, english speaking and knowlegeable on area and services available ask for him. My dissapointment with this resort was the following
5 days af rowdy abusive drunks fighting in common areas , smashing up rooms, making lude jesters and comments to the women so pool time was impossible all well management racked up 4 thousand in fines but never removed them. Then to be woken every day at 7 so staff could clean up the destroyed furnishings....what about the quiet enjoyment we paid for. Asked for 5 days for manager and was told he wasent there, I caught this manager Cesar the day before we were to leave. He had no intentions of crediting for the two rooms they charged not one or addressing the lack of security removing these persons. Shameful. This is a beautiful place but the element that partys here dosent make me feel safe to return.

Room Tip: Ask for unit off main floor we were infeastes with sand fleas and micro ants that bite on the first...
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled with family
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
4 Thank kittcarter
Dear kittcarter,
Thanks a lot for your comments and for giving us your feedback of your stay at our Resort. I was very pleased to read all the positive comments you had for us and also I will pass your nice remarks to the people you mentioned in your review (Marcelino, Jesse, Francisco…).
We regret the problems that you have been caused at times by other drunk guests. We take note of that.

Thank you again for your remarks and we hope to see you again in the future. Please do not hesitate to contact us for any further information.
Kind regards,
Duncan, Canada
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 24, 2013

I have to once again commend the entire staff at the resort , Alfredo, Carlos Angel Miguel Tino Marcario Roman Joanna Jesse Omar Marcellis Francisco Fernando Pepe Daniel Ceasar Victor Moses Raul Josh Hector and Giovanni and all the house staff and everyone was incredible. if I missed anyone my apologies there are so many to thank and give commendations to , Service with a smile at all times. Literally when I walked in the front door I once again felt like I was home , the staff remembered my name, my food allergies ( they give you a special card to show at the various restaurants so the can custom make your order ) even though i had not been there in a year. the location is beautiful the food is wonderful and again i cannot stress enough about the staff and the attentiveness , They bend over backwards to help you in anyway possible . My first trip in 2012 was 7 Days this trip jan 2013 was 14 days , To all the staff at the resort THANK YOU!!!!!!!!! see you next year my friends , And I say that with all my heart , Trevor

Room Tip: rooms on the even side of the villas 4 and 5 face the forest and are quiet , the odd rooms are on t...
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled with friends
1 Thank Trevor L
Alejandro C, Manager at The Royal Suites Punta de Mita by Palladium, responded to this review, January 26, 2013
Dear Trevor,

I would like to thank you to choose again our Resort to pass your 2013 vacations with us. It’s an honor for us to have guests like you, who enjoy highly our services and our staff. I will surely share your comments with the team and certainly with the people you mentioned.

For us is gratifying to know our guest enjoyed their vacations and we are providing our best services for them and they can appreciate our improvements each year.

We look forward to see you next year and thank you for sharing your experience in Royal Suites Punta de Mita.

Kind Regards,
Occidental Nuevo Vallarta
Occidental Nuevo Vallarta
#13 of 27 in Nuevo Vallarta
4.0 of 5 bubbles 2,667 reviews

Been to The Royal Suites Punta de Mita by Palladium? Share your experiences!