My husband and I went to the Royal Suites at the Palladium Punta de Mita for a one-week vacation. We met friends down there (they had arrived a few days previously). For the most part we had an excellent time - the staff was friendly and helpful, the rooms were clean, and the food was fantastic. We stayed in the Royal Suites which is adult-only. The Palladium itself (which we had access to) allows kids and most of the action was over there - several restaurants and pools, bars, a spa, great white sandy beach. The beach on the Royal Suites side was rocky and not conducive to swimming although there was a sandy stretch where there were lounge chairs and bali beds. The Royal Suites side has its own restaurant and bar, right at the pool. There are two blocks of suites on the Royal Suites side, each with its own butler who deals with any issues that come up and he also makes reservations for you at the restaurants (there were no reservations needed for the Royal Suites restaurant, the Punta Mita).
Now for the downside of staying here - we didn't have any problems with the staff but we met people down there who had stayed there a few times before and they said that there is a lot fewer staff now than previously, probably due to the economy. They had problems with noisy neighbours in the middle of the night as well which two different butlers said they would deal with but they never did. Our friends were very upset at the lack of response.
In our room we had a bedside clock which didn't work - my husband checked to see if it was plugged in and was surprised to find a hole in the wall with a bunch of exposed wires, duct-taped to the wall. We didn't worry too much about that but it was not what you'd expect from a 5 star hotel. Also, the beds (we had two double beds) were quite hard and uncomfortable.
The resort is a long way from Puerto Vallarta - about an hour by bus. We did go in one day, and to Bucerias (a village halfway to PV) another day. If you are going there purely for relaxation and sun, and to get pampered, the Palladium is for you! If, however, you want to do a lot of sightseeing it's not the best choice.
All in all we were very pleased with our stay. The staff was great, especially Alfredo in the restaurant and Roman who was the poolside waiter, and the butler Diego.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Royal Suites Punta Mita is a newly constructed VIP section within the Palladium Vallarta Resort featuring 100 rooms and first class facilities and services such as a private restaurant with a la carte service, two private bars serving premium beverages, 24-hour room service, a private swimming pool heated during the winter season, unlimited dinner reservations at the theme restaurants, concierge service, and free Internet connection. Adults only during high season. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Despegar.com and Jetsetter so you can book your The Royal Suites Punta de Mita by Palladium reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Royal Suites Punta Mita By Palladium Hotel Punta De Mita
- Royal Hotel Punta De Mita