This is the third time my wife and I have vacationed at this resort, we stayed for two weeks, and enjoyed it thoroughly. The staff as usual provides excellent service. When we arrived, we were unfortunately put in a non-smoking room, so the porter says go down to the bar and have a drink while they sorted it out. The butler, Luis, came down to the bar about 5 minutes later and asked for the room key to the first room, five minutes later he was back with the new room keys, and informed us that our luggage has already been moved. In the room I noticed a sheet metal louvre on the hot tub was loose, and posed a potential hazard for someone getting cut getting in or out, and brought it to Luis attention the next morning. It was fixed by the time we got back to the room. Luis is a very personable young man, and seems to be the go-to guy if there is anything wrong.
I was amazed that the staff remembered us, as soon as Alfredo saw us he came right over to greet us, and after the first day made sure he had a shot of bailey's for my wife's morning coffee ready. The rest of the staff also treated us like royalty, there are too many names to remember, but Marcario always made sure that our wine glasses were full in the evenings and would always chat with us while he worked. Angel and Hector were great, but it is hard for anyone to stand out in the staff they were all so nice.
The one drawback is the music at the pool, the selection is great lots of classic rock from the Beatles, Stones etc., but the artist sounds like a lounge singer on qualudes, imagine "Paint it Black recorded on a 45 but played at 33. The one song that sticks out in my mind is an old Terry Jacks classic, the name of the song escapes me right now, but if Terry Jacks heard it he would likely puke. Fortunately Angel would bring songs from his home computer in the afternoons and evenings to give us a break.
All in all, we had a great vacation, we weren't impressed with Sunwing, the seats are rock hard and too close together for comfort, but we will likely go back to the Royal Suites again.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Royal Suites Punta Mita is a newly constructed VIP section within the Palladium Vallarta Resort featuring 100 rooms and first class facilities and services such as a private restaurant with a la carte service, two private bars serving premium beverages, 24-hour room service, a private swimming pool heated during the winter season, unlimited dinner reservations at the theme restaurants, concierge service, and free Internet connection. Adults only during high season. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com, Hotwire, Orbitz, Travelocity, getaroom.com, TripOnline SA, Cancelon and Evoline ltd so you can book your The Royal Suites Punta de Mita reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Royal Suites Punta Mita By Palladium Hotel Punta De Mita
- Royal Hotel Punta De Mita