“Great Stay”

Ranked #1 of 15 Hotels in Matamoros
Houston, TX
“Great Stay”
Reviewed January 31, 2009

We chose this hotel because it was so close to the shopping area in Matamoros. The hotel was way more than what we expected of a Best Western hotel. The staff was great, and very helpfull. Some of the people spoke good English. The rooms were great, clean, and the AC kept the room cool at a low setting. They offer free breakfast in the mornings and it was delightfull. You had a choice of fruits, cereal, american AND Mexican dishes...ALL INCLUDED IN YOU ROOM FEE. The people cooking and serving the food were great, even though they spoke very little English, they tried to serve you the best they could. I did not get a chance to go to the pool area but it looked very nice from my room. If I ever need to go back to Matamoros, I would stay here again!

• Liked — The location and the staff.
  • Disliked — Nothing at all
  • Stayed April 2008, traveled with family
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
2 Thank romescafe

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (28)
Pennsylvania
Reviewed July 16, 2008

The hotel is very centrally located for easy walking around some of the sights of the old part of the city (I did not rent a car). The owner and his staff all are very kind and helpful. Whenever my Spanish was lacking, someone was found who spoke English. I had only one small problem, and it immediately was corrected, and, I felt, they over-compensated me but were insistent that they wanted to do that. The restaurant's food is good, and the pool is lovely. I definitely would stay here again if I need to go to Matamoros.

• Liked — Staff and Wifi
  • Disliked — No newspapers
  • Stayed July 2008, traveled solo
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
3 Thank Elizabass
houston
Reviewed February 2, 2008

My daughter and I found ourselves spending 3 days and 2 nights in Matamoros and booked a room at the Best Western Plaza on line.
The service was very nice and helpful, at the reception desk, at the restaurant and from the house keeping.
A special mention to the owner of the hotel, Sr. Salvador who was really helpful and so nice. He speaks very good english which can prove helpful if you do not speak spanish like me.
The room was very clean and the nice surprise was the bathroom, apparently updated recently: large shower and nice fixtures. (we had two rooms and both bathrooms were the same, so assume they are all like that). Very clean also.

Stayed January 2008
2 Thank ManueleHouston
Kihei, Hawaii
Reviewed March 13, 2007

Me and a group of friends and family recentley found ourselves searching for a hotel room in Matamoros, Mexico. We wanted somewhere decent, that was safe and clean. Since we were unfamiliar with the city, we found a sign pointing us in the direction of Best Western which we decided to follow. After the first hotel that looked almost to good to be true, informed us this was rented for 6 hours at a time. LOL. We were wondering why this hotel that looked like a townhome had a garage. Anyways, we found the best western easily. It's in a nice area, very clean, very comfortable and breakfast is included. Yummy. The man working the front desk was very nice and spoke a little bit of english. They also have gated parking. If you get there and they are booked. You could also try Hotel Roma which is across the street, or the Hotel Ritz around the corner. Both of these are owned by Best Western and were about $20 a night cheaper. I think they were $60/ night. Best Western was $80 for 4 people. There was a market area just a block away, with tons of shopping and food. Overall, a very good experience.

Stayed March 2007
10 Thank caridtaylor
Also consider these accommodations in or near Matamoros
Hotel Alameda de Matamoros Express
City Express Matamoros
#4 of 15 in Matamoros
Homewood Suites by Hilton Brownsville
Hampton Inn and Suites Brownsville

Been to Best Western Hotel Plaza Matamoros? Share your experiences!

Additional Information about Best Western Hotel Plaza Matamoros

Property: Best Western Hotel Plaza Matamoros
Address: 9th And Bravo St. #1421, Matamoros 87300, Mexico (Formerly BEST WESTERN Hotel Plaza Matamoros)
Location: Mexico > Northern Mexico > Tamaulipas > Matamoros
Business Center with Internet Access Fitness Center with Gym / Workout Room Free Breakfast Free High Speed Internet ( WiFi ) Free Parking Restaurant Room Service Swimming Pool
Ranked #1 of 15 Hotels in Matamoros
Hotel Class:3 star — Best Western Hotel Plaza Matamoros 3*
TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotels.com, Orbitz, Hotwire, Booking.com, Cheap Tickets, TripOnline SA, Cancelon and HotelQuickly so you can book your Best Western Hotel Plaza Matamoros reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
Best Western Matamoros