“Very nice hotel and service!!” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of BEST WESTERN Hotel Plaza Matamoros

BEST WESTERN Hotel Plaza Matamoros
Ranked #1 of 15 Hotels in Matamoros
College Station, Texas
“Very nice hotel and service!!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 10, 2014

My friend and I went to renew F-1 visa in Matamoros and contacted Salvodor. He is very nice and helpful. He picked us on US side and take me to do fingerprinting and taking photos. He also introduced us typical Mexican food and show us the market in Matamoros. The hotel is very nice, neat and tidy. We lived on the fourth floor where free wifi and AT&T signal is available. The price is reasonable. If you want to visit Matamoros and find a place to stay. Salvador's hotel is definitely the best choice.

• Stayed January 2014, traveled with friends
    • 5 of 5 bubbles

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (28)
Nashville, Tennessee
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 7, 2014

I went to renew visa at Mexico, and Mr. Salvador gave us a lot of help during the 4 days we stayed at Mexico, and he picked us up around and explained the culture of Mexico to us. The hotel is very clean and has delicious food. If you choose a trip to renew visa to Mexico, highly recommend you choose Mr. Salvador

• Stayed January 2014, traveled with friends
Houston, Texas
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 4, 2014

We started by reading reviews on the internet before making a decision to come here to stamp visa after the approved renewal/extension. We have 2 sons aged 3 & 1 yo. Mr Salvador is a very nice person as he offered us to meet in front of Mc D right 2 blocks from the immigration/border(bridge). Then he directed us to the parking area right in front of the border/immigration complex. After we parked, he gave us a ride with carry on luggages & kids. I guess he totally understand how we are going to walk crossing the border with 2 kids & bags.
From there we went straight to ASC for finger print - but then the system was down. So we had to return again. We went to finger print again with his ride then after that because of their system issue we were able to just go to Consulate as scheduled. We were interviewed by the officer then we got it approved same day. "Your visa is approved and come back @330pm to pick up"...
About the hotel...A very nice one, great breakfast. We walked to El Market just 1 block from Hotel. That's the happening place with lotsa street vendors..and not to mention corn on the cob. 7-11 is in there too as well as pharmacy.
Due to Christmas holiday we were helped by Hotel Front Desk to order "to go" domino pizza.
On our last day - after check out to go pick up visa/passport, Mr Salvador took us to the Mall. We had late lunch there and from there we went to the Embassy to pick up the passport. He waited for us at OXXO(7-11 Mexican version) in front of Embassy. The Embassy person took sometime to call out names maybe around 4ish PM but Mr Salvador patiently stood in his car waiting.
After that he took us to the border and we had to cross the bridge walking.
Overall, I'd 100% recommend this hotel for leisure or visa related trip.
Thanks Mr. Salvador...
From us,
Jose harmando(pepe) & family. We are muslim - my wife has headscaft. Mr Salvador treated us like his own family no doubts.

Room Tip: ask a room that has better wi-fi signal..
  • Stayed December 2013, traveled with family
College Station, Texas
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 30, 2013

I came to Matamoros for changing my visa status and lived in this hotel which was referred by a friend in my school. The hotel is excellent and we have been stayed here for 4 nights. The people, food and everything are all good. Especially, the Manager Mr. Salvador is very nice and very helpful for my visa. He picked us up when we had a problem for parking our car at Brownsville, and gave us a ride to hotel, Finger printer office, U.S. Consulate for many times. He also drove us to go shopping in the Mall. Overall, it is a excellent place to live if you want to apply for your visa.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled with friends
Austin, Texas
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 21, 2013

I went to Matamoros for my visa renew and lived in this hotel as I got referred by my friend. The hotel is a good place to live, everyone in the hotel is nice. Manager Mr. Salvador is very helpful for my visa. He picked me up when I arrived late at Brownsville, and gave me ride to hotel, Finger printer office, U.S. Consulate. And even took me to local restaurant and grocery. Overall, it is a good place to live if you want to apply for your visa.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled solo
Saint Louis, Missouri, United States
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 22, 2013

On the big scale of things this hotel works and is managed better than the other ones in the area. The rooms are comfortable, the hallways are clean, and the staff is very attentive. Salvador and his staff are willing to help out with other aspects of your trip. Need info, where to get something, track down a city official they'll get you on your way.

Room Tip: Higher the floor the quieter.
  • Stayed November 2013, traveled on business
1 Thank Justin S
Dallas, Texas
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 14, 2013

I went to Matamoros last week with my wife and 10 months old daughter for my visa stamping. Initially i went to Best Western Suites & Inn hotel in Matamoros which is in Victoria, but they were sold out for one week and re-directed me to the Best Western in Down town matamoros. This hotel staff are very nice and manager Salvador is very nice person. The way he treat his customers is very nice. He gave ride to Finger print office and US Consulate. I forgot my laptop charger and asked his to give ride to nearest electronics shop. He took me to Office Depot/Radio Shock in the mall and some places around the town. He is very nice person, i recommened people to stay in this hotel for the great servive they are providing.

Thank you Salvador sir for all your help and hospitality!!!

• Stayed November 2013, traveled with family
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Also consider these accommodations in or near Matamoros
Hotel Alameda de Matamoros Express
Hampton Inn and Suites Brownsville
Staybridge Suites Brownsville
Staybridge Suites Brownsville
#6 of 25 in Brownsville

Been to BEST WESTERN Hotel Plaza Matamoros? Share your experiences!