“Nice place”

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Alamos
Casa de los Tesoros
Ranked #5 of 6 Hotels in Alamos
Reviewed April 9, 2012

I stayed a weekend and place is nice, rustic. Fresh room with high ceiling. I ate at Charisma restaurant (next to La Mansion, same than Casa de los Tesoros) and food was excellent!

• Stayed: April 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank GabyGrajales

Reviewed January 23, 2011

I stayed here for three nights in mid-January. The hotel has a rustic charm with courtyards, tile flagstones, dipping pool, and a good ambience. Rooms have very high ceilings, a small working fire place (although there was no kindling or newspaper to help start a fire), stone floors, and rustic tiled bathroom with a decent shower, no bath tub. The bed furnishings are spare but charming. I was cold in bed in the early mornings, don't know if a fire at night would have helped. There's free wireless internet, but the signal didn't reach my room at the back so I had to use it near the restaurant. Only saw one staff member the whole three nights I was there, the guy who checked me in. Absolutely no one around in the morning. Since I left for meetings at 7:30 in the morning it would have been nice to have had some breakfast, but the place was deserted. I always ate elsewhere in the evenings and a night guard would quickly let me into the locked gate at the front to access the hotel. So if you are independent and like something with a bit of character, this hotel is good but if you need someone around to help you with stuff or give you an early breakfast, you might not do well here.

• Stayed: January 2011, traveled on business
3  Thank Wellstraveller
Reviewed June 4, 2010

We stayed at the Casa Los Tesores for 2 nights. When we booked I asked about restaurants and was told by Suzanne (an owner) that the hotel restaurant would be offering full service during our stay. When we arrived we had a wonderful lunch consisting of a hamburger and quesadillas. We were informed during our meal that that would be our last day eating in the hotel restaurant because management had asked the staff to clean and close the kitchen for the season. We questioned the staff to make sure this was wasn't some mistake. Apparently it wasn't and the staff even implied that we may have been lied to by the owner about this.

The town of Alamos is charming. Each Sunday evenings they have a big 'to do' in the town plaza with festive music and food. We found a couple of good restaurants to eat in during our stay.

As to Casa Los Tesores, the place definitely has charm. However the bloom is beginning to fade. The pool water is not inviting. The water in our room only trickled in the tub (one of the things my wife was looking forward to) and it took an hour to fill it for a bath. I mentioned this to one of the staff and they said someone would come and look at it in a couple of hours. This never happened. The room was very large with Ar moires in lieu of closets. The carpet covering most of the floor was very dirty and needed a good cleaning. With some work Casa Los Tesores could bloom again, but for now I would try another hotel in this very interesting Mexican colonial town.

• Stayed: May 2010, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Tabachin2008
Reviewed January 11, 2010

We stayed at Casa de los Tesoros and the associated Casa Encantada in Alamos over the New Years weekend 2010. Everything about the stay was great, from the quiant authentic hotel rooms to the breakfasts and dinners. The special dinner for New Year's Eve was outstanding. The service from every one we encountered was excellent, and the setting of these courtyard hotels speaks authentic historic Mexico. This was our third stay over the last many years and we have never been disappointed.

• Stayed: December 2009, traveled with friends
1  Thank Sonorantraveler
Reviewed February 22, 2009

This was my favorite hotel on a trip to Mexico. The rooms were clean and each one was different. Our room was large with a working fireplace, a walk-in closet and a good shower. It is not an American hotel, which is what I liked. The food was very good as was the service. Look for the lady selling embroidered shirts, and linens in front of the hotel.

• Stayed: February 2009
1  Thank BMWVirginia
Reviewed January 23, 2009

My wife and I have spent years traveling in Mexico. One thing one must realize when staying in hotels outside of major tourist destinations like Cancun or Cabo San Lucas is that you can not apply the same standards that you find in the US. But that is the whole charm and experience in staying in and visiting places like Alamos.

That is why we loved the Casa De Los Tesoros. The hotel is in a restored 200 plus year old convent and is beautifully decorated and furnished. Yes, there were times when the water pressure wasn't all that great but the ambience more than made up for that. We especially loved not having TVs or phones in our rooms. Although oddly enough the hotel has wireless internet.

A wonderful trio of musicians played each night and the food was excellent. The hotel staff was kind and considerate and the margaritas made by the bartender Jose Luis were out of this world. We also enjoyed chatting in the bar with locals both Americans and Mexicans. We also met the American owner who while a bit eccentric was a wonderful story teller and made us feel at home.

One night we also had dinner at Charisma up the street which is run by the same owners as the Casa De Los Tesoros. The food was excellent and for those of you who know either the Coyote Cafe or Casa Cena in Santa Fe, New Mexico, the food was just as tasty and chique. Which was no surprise because the Chef hales from Santa Fe. Not only was the food great, but the Chef personally chatted with all his dinner quests.

Alamos itself is a colonial gem full of restored mansions and is absolutely beautiful. The Casa De Los Tesoros and Alamos are places where one can find the remnants of elegance of a by gone era. Not perfection but an experience that is unique.

• Stayed: December 2008, traveled with family
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
6  Thank MexTravArizona
Reviewed December 26, 2008

If you are looking for pampering like a Four Seasons, this is not the place. But if you are looking for something totally unique and has old world charm...then this is the place! When you stay at the Tesoros you quickly forget about the busy days in the States and you start imagining about the past and relaxing in a beautifully restored colonial hotel. Its best if you just let things go and breath in the experience. For example, have breakfast on the terrace while overlooking the main courtyard or listen to a trio of musicians at night and drink a wonderful vodka colons or margerita especial from the famous bartender Jose Luis. In fact, Jose Luis has worked there over 30 years! Just remember that manana time in mexico is not a myth...it does exist but it adds to the charm in a funny way. The back area by the pool is quiet and equally pretty and the rooms are quaint with woodburning fireplaces. The sister hotel mansion up the street also looks promising and has a interesting restaurant named Carisma that opens during late Dec and winter season. Having traveled throughout southern spain in remote places like Ubeda, I will definitely come back to Alamos and recommend the Tesoros if you are looking for the things I talk about above and a place that stands out from all the rest. Enjoy...

• Stayed: December 2008
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
5  Thank bitamama