This was my first time visit to Alamos, Sonora. As a Physician(who works in Mexico), I am fortunate to be able to travel to different parts of Mexico as well as many other countries. I have learned of Hacienda de los Santos through a friend, who had been a guest, a couple of years ago. My wife and I never expected the beauty of the Hacienda and the helpfulness of their staffs. They were all so kind in tending to us, even the owner Jim greeted us with kind smile and gesture. The food was wonderful and nutritious ( I strongly recommend the American Meal plan). It was worth every penny! Thank you for making our 6th Anniversary memorable. We will definitely visit again and again. I am going to recommend the Hacienda to all my friends. Just make sure you don't change a thing.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Hacienda de los Santos Resort & Spa is comprised of 18th century mansions and a 17th century Sugar Mill. An extensive restoration and renovation took the owner's nearly 25 years to complete with more than one million man hours of hand labor with the same techniques as two hundred years ago. A portion of the resort is on the original 19th century Mint for northern Mexico. The setting is in the lower Sierra Madre in the village of Alamos which is a National Monument and a national 'Pueblo Magico'. Today with modern conveniences taken to a luxury level, all suites have large screen T.V.'s discretely hidden in antique cabinetry, plus many with antique furnishings, art of prominent Mexican artists and all suites and Hacienda Guest Rooms have at least one fireplace, as well as air conditioning and forced air heat for year around comfort. There is a Andalusian stone theater with state of the art projection and sound systems, a complete library of top films for your viewing enjoyment during the day or evening. Also, two putting greens, four pools, numerous fountains, two restaurants plus a third which is the 'restaurant with a view' from the roof-top which is accessible by elevator for groups of up to 35. Also, there is a full service spa and special classes for group bookings such as cooking, art, architecture, tequila and area tours. The use of the theater, putting greens, parking, room service and mountain bikes is all complimentary for our registered guests. A 19th century 'Zapata's Cantina is a major attraction and nightly live guitar music, in the adjacent 'Santiago's Restaurant, for your dining enjoyment. No 'prepared food' is used in either of the Hacienda's restaurants. The cuisine includes 'Sonora Mexican', plus what most describe as the 'best filet mignon in the world', and a variety of International dishes. The luncheon menu includes a variety of fresh salads, sandwiches and excellent desserts. The owner's have been very pleased to have received a humanitarian award by the Governor's of Sonora and Arizona (Gov. Bours & Gov. Janet Napolitano) for their accomplishments in the village of Alamos. The resort has received a AAA Four Diamond rating for 15 consecutive years, is both a Fodor's Choice and Trip Advisor Traveler's Choice. Due to the 'Hacienda's' historic significance it is also a member of 'Historic Hotels Worldwide'. The resort was the site of an Endemol television series produced for Europe and was used in filming the 175 episode Televisa series of 'La Fuerza del Destino'. The resort also owns a high capacity hangar at the local airport which can be used for group events of up to 700 people with its complete commercial kitchen, pilot's lounge and other facilities. The airport (XALA) has a paved 5,000' runway and approved for aircraft up to and including the Falcon 20 and Lear 45. If you are planning a private flight to XALA the resort has a private aviator's web site available. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotels.com, Orbitz, Travelocity, Booking.com, Priceline, Hotwire and Agoda so you can book your Hacienda De Los Santos reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Hacienda De Los Santos Hotel Alamos
- Hacienda De Los Santos Alamos, Mexico - Sonora