All reviews mexico city locker room heated pool fell in love take care monarch butterflies meditation lake altitude peace soaps details
Reviewed October 31, 2016

We pay for a hotel of the first quality with a high price and is apparently a hotel of rest in which it is unacceptable to not have been notified of the maintenance work on the hotel and that affected my days of vacation in bad shape.

The main access to the rooms which is part of the luxury of the hotel lobby was closed for remodeling. Attachment Pic.

The access that we left to the hotel was a ramp very steep, dark and with a lot of moisture and it is also very dark resulting in a high-risk to access. Attachment a Pic.

Did settlement in the 50% of the pool of the hotel where the workers were using a hammer and work next to the rest area. This complicated a lot of sun because in addition to the excessive noise it was awkward that my wife was in a bikini in that area. Attachment a pic.

Finally we were 10 hours without water in the room already in the works broke a water pipe causing this problem.

A beautiful place that needs to be taken by a professional that knows how to pamper its guests and especially when there is a process of maintenance that causes these problems. Should or close a week the hotel for remodlear or at least warn for the customers to decided if we stay or change of hotel.

Date of stay: October 2016
2  Thank JCGA72
Reviewed June 28, 2016

The Hotel features one of the best views in Valle de Bravo, a very nice terrace/restaurant, a large and gorgeous ball room and above all friendly and service oriented staff...

Unfortunately the joy ends there, the main building where the rooms are is a bizarre (to say the least). It is a building that sits on a cliff that, in order to get to your room, you need to walk through long, steep, winding and dangerous staircases. Certainly a place that is not suitable for people with physical challenges.

The building itself, besides its peculiar architecture, has seen better times. Overall, it looks old and decayed.

The room was dark, hot and humid and does not feature air conditioning, so be prepared to sweat or to share it with a few bugs (after you open the sliding windows). My room had an internal pool, something that does not help when you have a humidity problem. Needless to say they are also deteriorated, in line with the rest of the building.

The food at the restaurant is average, so if you are looking for a good bite you better be prepared to leave the hotel and check Trip Advisor’s list for the best restaurants in Valle de Bravo.

• Trip type: Traveled on business
2  Thank TT2Traveller
Reviewed June 28, 2016

This hotel is the definition of peace. It has an amazing view of the beautiful lake. The architecture and materials used are planned to make you feel relaxed. Staff members great with their palm in their heart. I went for the weekend, and was transported to another space and time.

• Trip type: Traveled with family
Reviewed June 18, 2016

We booked a room at the El Santuario for the whole weekend, to celebrate our anniversary. We arrived at the hotel and were wowed by it's beauty, peaceful, quiet and very beautiful. The staff was friendly, they treated us very kindly. They took us to our room, we had to climb about 3 floors of steps but the great thing was the view, beautiful view of the lake. Room was spectacular, a small pool inside, with water features, spectacular window, very spacious.
We went down for dinner and the restaurant has beautiful decor, great view of the lake as well. Service was terrible, it took them 1 hour to bring the dishes and the food had no taste. Dinner was pricey too.
We were very tired so we went up to our room (5 floors of stairs from the restaurant). We got to our room which was very hot, it felt like a sauna, very humid. The fan they provide is useless, we put it right next to our bed but it didn't help. We also opened the window but it didn't help either.
The mattress was rock hard, almost like you're sleeping on concrete.
At 3:00am in the morning, my wife and I woke up soaking wet in sweat and very uncomfortable because of the mattress. So we decided that was it, we were leaving in the morning. We wanted to relax and rest but in those conditions it was impossible.
If you're booking at this hotel, keep in mind it's quite expensive, it has no air conditioning in the room (or anywhere else) which is a big mistake given the area has warm weather, there's a pool inside every room and they are made of clay and wood.
Not coming back.

3  Thank emelnik
Reviewed June 6, 2016

We booked a master suite to spend the wedding weekend of a friend... we arrived early but our friends were going to pick us up in the dock of the hotel to take us, in meanwhile we were able to do check in.. we were with our dog (who was going to stay in a house with friends) so we asked to let us just pass to the dock (we knew dogs are not allowed), they took us from the side in order to really not pass with the dog inside the installations - that was really not a problem for us - but on the way i tripped and fell, making myself a bad injury in the ankle (third-degree sprain) despite my tears and pain and being in the floor, the guy walking us didnt do ANYTHING! just stare at us telling us "oohh yes broken.." I requested the help of a doctor, he told me theres no doctor in the hotel, so to please bring someone to help... the guy left and I was there in the floor for 15 minutes under the sun without help.. thankfully our friends arrived and they help me to go on the boat to their house... when back to the hotel, still in a lot of pain - by that time I didnt know what i had - the hotel personal offer me the wheelchair and analgesic cream.. I asked again for medical assistance, but they said theres none.. next day in the morning, being in an absolute pain i call the reception to please give me an address of a doctor, but they told me they didn't have! long story short - the hotel couldn't provide any help for a medical emergency that occurred in their installations! outrageous !! is an expensive hotel, supposedly to be exclusive and luxury but in case of bad no help at all and the food of the room service is really bad... total disappointment..

Date of stay: April 2016