“Good food, nice setting”

Soleado, Cocina del Mundo
Cuisines: Contemporary, International, Fusion, Street Food
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Delivery, Reservations, Takeout
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Delivery, Reservations, Takeout
Mexico City, Mexico
“Good food, nice setting”
Reviewed February 15, 2014 via mobile

We had a great lunch here on a Saturday in February. The menu is varied, with an international selection: Mexican, as well as Japanese, Thai, Italian etc. I had a good chicken curry, and my wife had nice couscous with lamb. And the prices are reasonable: about US$10 a main course. We had a quiet balcony table overlooking the cobbled streets below. It was our first visit to Valle - but I can see why this is #1 ranked in the town.

London, United Kingdom
“Great world food at a very reasonable price!”
Reviewed January 9, 2014 via mobile

We went to Soleado for dinner one evening as we had read good reviews on Trip Advisor, and we weren't disappointed! The restaurant is small but the service was very good and we loved the variety of dishes, especially the fact that they served curry which is difficult to find in Mexico. My boyfriend had tacos for a starter, we both had the 'India' dish, a coconut milk curry, for a main course and I had cheesecake for dessert. The food was very tasty, and whilst the courses were quite small we found that two was plenty. The whole meal, including a beer each, came to 500 pesos which we thought was very reasonable.

Visited January 2014
1 Thank Suzanna T
Mexico City, Mexico
“fun lunch”
Reviewed April 16, 2013

We tried this place for lunch after reading all the great reviews...it was pretty good! The mint iced tea was really refreshing. I had the French (mussels and fries) with curry sauce, and my boyfriend had the Morroccan (cous cous with vegetables and meats) and both were good but not amazing.

Visited April 2013
Half Moon Bay, California
“A delicious tapas lunch”
Reviewed March 13, 2013

This restaurant was recommended by tripadvisor and our hotel. We had lunch there. The atmosphere isn't fabulous (it's open to the road and a bit noisy) but they were very nice and modified the menu to provide an assortment of tapas for the 10 of us. The food was fantastic. We all argued about which of the tapas tasted best!

Visited February 2013
1 Thank blkdye
Mexico City
“Great food at a good price”
Reviewed February 15, 2013

I've eaten most of the dishes on Soleado's menu, and very rarely are they anything but excellent. I order to be delivered most of the time, but I do like going to Soleado when I can sit and enjoy the food. The atmosphere is pleasant and the service is great. One of my favorite dishes is their Thailand, which changed last year to be tempura shrimp and chicken served with grilled vegetables and a salad. That's what I got last Saturday. I also like their Argentina, which is beef and some great spinach filled fritters, potatoes and vegetables. The France is delicious, but I don't recommend that one for delivery, but get it if you eat in-house. All their orders come with salad and vegetables, so they are more balanced than many restaurants. Preparation and presentation is always first-rate here. I also love their iced tea with mint, cappuccino and their deserts are quite delicious.

• Visited February 2013