“Very good price for nice hotel”

Hotel Posada La Casona de Cortes
Ranked #3 of 16 Hotels in Tlaxcala
Hermosillo
“Very good price for nice hotel”
Reviewed May 2, 2012

This hotel is very recommended, it is cheap and very nice. Location is great!
It also allow pets :D
It is beautiful and comfy

• Stayed April 2012, traveled with friends
CeliaSolomon, Gerente at Hotel Posada La Casona de Cortes, responded to this review, October 28, 2015
Thanks so much for you kind words and we want to tell you that we value very much all the opinions and suggestions. Thank you!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (8)
New York City, NY USA
Reviewed February 22, 2012

This is a small colonial style hotel that is 4 years old. It has a beautiful roof terrace that provides a view of the town, a well as an interior garden filled with flowers. The rooms are small but charming. The staff is helpful, and some are English speaking. The hotel is about a 3 block walk from the Zocalo. I can't recommend this place highly enough.

• Stayed February 2012, traveled solo
Thank you so much for the feedback and for taking the time to leave us all those nice comments. We appreciate it a lot.
Seattle
Reviewed February 1, 2012

We are also wondering why this hotel is not listed with the other hotels in Tlaxcala instead of being labeled speciality lodging. We found the hotel to be very well run, with spacious, clean and nicely decorated rooms. The staff was very helpful and attentive to their guests needs, and the hotel's location is 2 blocks from the zocolo. Yes, the bugeler is still blowing at the police station next door, but not until 8:00 am.

• Stayed January 2012, traveled as a couple
2 Thank 409
Thanks so much for all your kind words. We keep working and making efforts to get better and better everyday. Thanks!
Los Angeles
Reviewed May 20, 2011

I looked into the Alfiler and the San Francisco; for my money, this hotel won hands down. As for the hotel itself, I had absolutely nothing to complain about. My room was immaculate, and as appears in the photos, the hotel grounds are utterly gorgeous, and there's free WiFi in the courtyard, lobby, and rooms proximate to the lobby.

If you're traveling alone and don't mind sleeping in a twin bed, you can save some pesos by getting a double. For some reason, doubles are about $10-15US cheaper than a single with a full size bed.

If there is one downside, it's that the hotel is located next door to the police station. Some may find this comforting, but I personally don't like walking past heavily armed people, uniformed or not. I'm not one for sleeping in while on trips abroad, but the police do get up somewhat early to a blast of trumpets-- and we're not talking Miles Davis. These niggles aside, a very nice hotel.

• Stayed May 2011, traveled solo
Thanks so much for your feedback. We work everyday on trying to be better and all our guest´s suggestions are taken under consideration. Thank you!
Barcelona, Spain
Reviewed March 20, 2011

Really I never expected to find such a jewel town!!! The Mexico I remeber...security, great people, colours, and the city is the cleanest I have ever been!! You can't find not even a small peace of paper on the street!!!! Music in the central park, baloons, candies and people dancing and enjoying!! Museums, great restaurants at good prices and the arqueological sites with "frescos" Cacaxtla... Don't miss Tlaxcala, really a place you will never forget and will always want to go back.
La Casona is a great choice, the price is great and the service very kind. You find everything you need, cable, internet, and of course a great mexican decoratad room.
ahh, crafts and the market is unbeleivable!!

• Stayed March 2011, traveled with friends
Thanks so much for all those nice comments. We certainly hope to have you back sometime soon and see for yourself that we keep working on improving all our services. Thank you!
Reviewed January 29, 2011

I still don't understand why Trip Advisor does not list this as a (boutique) hotel (see Lonely Planet).

This my fourth visit - and so friendly and helpful.

Tlaxcala is a hidden treasure (and I'd like to keep it that way: my favorite city in Mexico).

• Stayed January 2011, traveled as a couple
1 Thank rickywheels
Thanks for your positive feedback. We hope to have you back soon so you can check out all our improvements. Thanks!
Hampden, Massachusetts
Reviewed November 2, 2010

I "booked" a room at Posada la Casona de Cortes via e-mail with Abel, who speaks English, several months before my stay. I asked him if he could pick me up at the Puebla airport, and he said yes, for $40. I replied that would be great. I followed up with an e-mail one week before my trip, but got no response. So I arrived in Puebla not knowing if anyone would be there to pick us up. Guess what? No one was there. I hired a taxi and after asking for directions in downtown Tlaxcala we finally made it to Posada la Casona de Cortes. Guess what again? They didn't have a reservation for us! They did, however, have one room remaining, so we took it. It was room #8 and it was very odd. The walls were mostly glass and there was a LOUD party consisting of all the other guests above us! Seems there was an 80th birthday party in the special events room which is located above several rooms! So, after 12+ hours of traveling, we drifted off to sleep to the thumping of '70s disco.

You may have heard about the bugler at the police barracks next door to the hotel. Well, he's still there and he plays early and often. The novelty wears off quickly. Later that day we noticed the other rooms were all empty and some of the doors were open. Those rooms looked more normal (wooden doors, mirror over sink) so we asked to move to #3. It was a much nicer room.

I woke up the next morning feeling like I'd been hit by a truck. The bed was so hard that I actually had bruises. Luckily I only had one more night to endure.

Tlaxcala is a fantastic city. Clean, safe, and very charming. But if I had to recommend a hotel it wouldn't be this one. The San Francisco on the zocalo looked very nice.

One more strange observation. Posada la Casona de Cortes is located on a one way, dead-end street. Go figure!

• Stayed October 2010, traveled as a couple
2 Thank Spiney
Thank you for the feedback and we invite you to come back and see for yourself that we have worked hard on improving all those faults you just mentined. Thanks again!