“Second Visit”

Hotel Villa Bejar and Spa Tequesquitengo
Ranked #2 of 8 Hotels in Tequesquitengo
Reviewed November 11, 2007

Second time
Last year around this time I visited Villa Bejar, and wrote a wonderful review, about the care and treatment I received as a Woman traveling alone, and a diabetic. Unfortunately I did not receive the same treatment or concern this time around. Villa Bejar has lost its Spa Director, who took charge of my visit last year. Replaced by an inexperienced boy, void of what it takes to properly represent this spa , and make its guests feel stress free. Now, please understand there are still great things about Villa Bejar. The wonderful massages, and spa treatments conducted by the same wonderful staff I met last year. A fitness trainer, Zeus who can get you motivated, and have fun at the same time. A wait staff, who will MAKE SURE, your dietary needs are met, once they have been informed.
My driver Daniel, who speaks no English, was not only my driver but my security when needed. My advise, always stay on top of everything. I was lucky to meet two people who took charge , and made the balance of my week wonderful.

• Stayed: October 2007, traveled solo
2  Thank Jeromemissy

Reviewed October 10, 2007

What a charming place! The rooms all face the lake and have individual terraces! The food was excellent, and the service couldn't have been better. The spa services were the best I have had anywhere. The location was good for sightseeing as well. It was close to the Xochicalco Pyramids, which were very interesting, and also not far from Taxco where we found some great buys on silver jewelry. Very relaxing, a great place for us girls to get away and be pampered.

• Stayed: July 2007, traveled with friends
2  Thank garnetgirl1
Reviewed July 18, 2007

Tequesquitengo is a peaceful little lakeside town about 2 hours south of Mexico city. The hotel was absolutely delightful. Our all inclusive very reasonable price included 7 nights room, delicious food, exercise classes and about 8 spa treatments. The grounds are lovely and peaceful. The staff was very friendly and helpful. The spa staff was very professional. Side trips to Taxco and some Pre Columbian sites are available. But we chose to relax at the hotel for the whole week.

• Stayed: July 2007, traveled with family
1  Thank Carol Y
Reviewed February 23, 2007

A week's stay at this wonderful hotel and spa was the best vacation I ever experienced. The spa staff under the leadership of Tony was professional and stimulating and needless to say, my skin with the help of Violeta has never been so soft. The service staff was excellent and Rafael couldn't be more helpful to all of us, There were 11 in our group. We were treated as special guests as were all who were there. The food and preparation of it was beyond expectations. The weather was excellent. It was truly an experience I would like to experience year after year.

Barbara, Concordia, Monroe Township, New Jersey

• Stayed: February 2007, traveled with friends
1  Thank Lynnbabbs
Reviewed January 27, 2007

We took this vacation to learn to get in shape and relax. We wanted to stay in the US but the cost of an all inclusive spa in the states was outrageous. We took a chance on this place based on the reviews. This trip turned out to be the best one I have ever experienced. Raphael (Raffa) is the hotel manager. He is wonderful and scheduled our spa treatments perfectly. We were able to exercise every morning with Zeus (his father is a former champion body builder, and his whole family is into fitness). Zeus varied our exercise routine everyday to include Tai Chi, Tae Bo (?), jogging, and aqua aerobics. He even took us to his family gym on Friday to exercise with the locals. He was great. I miss him. Our body treatments were incredible. There was a honey massage followed by another massage of reflexology. After two hours of massage I felt reborn. My skin has never been so soft. The spa facility is beautiful. Plenty of places to sit and relax in an eden-like setting. I enjoyed the sauna and steam room everyday. The dining experience was also quite wonderful. The wait staff is very elegant and accomodates your every wish. It is a wonderful place with very special people. Everyone there is friendly and knows their job well. My room was beautiful and very clean. The view was astonishing every time I stepped out onto the balcony. Fresh fruit and bottles of water greet you everyday. I can't wait to return next year.

Stayed: January 2007
1  Thank pdilutis
Reviewed January 2, 2007

I spent two nights here over New Year's Eve and even with a full house, the service was excellent and everyone was very attentive. My spa treatments were good and the gym was adequate. My room was very clean and pleasant with a spectacular lakeside view, though I did notice little details like the toiletries were average quality and the bathroom could use some sprucing up and polishing of the tiles and fixtures. That said, the free bottles of water in my room were a nice perk, especially given that alcoholic beverages are not included in the price of the spa package. For each meal, the restaurant offered a choice of a spa menu (low cal), a regular menu, or a buffet (which was the same every day); the food was quite good. I think this is a good destination in the low season, but when I went I was not really able to simply relax by the pool because it was very crowded with lots of kids. Overall I'd say this is a bargain spa and worth it for a weekend getaway. It is not five-star and you will not be blown away, but for the price I doubt you can beat it.

• Stayed: December 2006, traveled solo
1  Thank Yamster
A TripAdvisor Member
Lombard, IL
Reviewed May 13, 2006

Villa Bejar is a wonderful resort - whether you take advantage of the spa services or not. I traveled with my five sisters for a week day vacation and virtually had the entire place to ourselves for the most part. We purchased hotel and spa packages and got an excellent value for our dollar. We stayed 5 nights and 6 days with 10 spa services and meals included. Josephina the reservationist was very accommodating to our needs and really went out of her way to ensure our journey with side trips and tranfers to and from the airport 2 hours away went without incident. Our activities quide, Raphael was an angel. He met us daily and ensured our comfort to and from our side trips arranged our drivers, etc. and did an outstanding job of ensuring we had everything we needs to make our vacation trouble-free. The spa manager Victor and the staff at the Villa Bejar Spa did a great job of attending to our massages, facials and other wonderful body treatments. Almost forgot to mention Zeus.... he was our fitness instructor. He too is an angel. His entire family is into body building and fitness and his father is a prior Mr. Mexico... Zeus will get you moving and will give you a great workout. The entire staff at Villa Bejar is very well trained and educated in their particular service, be it waitering, bar-tending, house keeping, or whatever. We were very pleased with the resort, and although it is a bit small - it is intimate in so many ways. We got to know the entire staff and some of my sisters cried when we left. We will surely return and plan to send a lot of folks to Villa Bejar. Now to be very very objective, I must say that this destination is for those who are fine with modest accommodations - meaning that although the rooms are very clean - they are fairly simple. The bathroom has a single sink, toilet, mirror, and shower. There really is no vanity space or bath tub. The beds are very good - great very firm matresses and good pillows. Each room (47) has its own balcony facing Lake Tequesquitengo. We only slept in our rooms. To us, they met our needs, were very comfortable, and had good air conditioning. The food at the outdoor restaurant was FANTASTIC - gourmet food at great prices. The grounds were very well maintained - extremely clean. There is an outdoor bar - although the drinks varied in taste depending of the different bartenders. On weekends, there is a disco boat that goes out at midnight and returns at 4 am. We chose not to party on the boat, so I can't comment.

• Stayed: May 2006
6  Thank A TripAdvisor Member
Also consider these accommodations in or near Tequesquitengo
Excelaris Grand Resort Conventions & Spa
#16 of 59 in Cuernavaca
Hacienda Vista Hermosa
Hacienda Vista Hermosa
#1 of 8 in Tequesquitengo

Been to Hotel Villa Bejar and Spa Tequesquitengo? Share your experiences!